Math Tutor

소녀시대 Soshi One Shot Collection

Taeyeon's POV

*RIING* 

Ugh. I silenced my alarm clock.

Another day of school.

I sighed as I walked into my neighbour's dorm, which was seperated by just a bathroom.

"Yah! Yuri, it's your turn to make breakfast today!"

"OKAY!" she shouted.

I went out and took a look at my schedule.

New student? 

Cool. 

I smiled to myself.

Jessica came into my dorm.

"What's with the grin, Taeng?"

She looked at what I was looking at.

"Taeng, new target?"

I smirked, "Let's see first, shall we?"

"Why can't you change Tae? Even the great player Yul changed. Why not you?"

I looked at her, "I just don't feel like it."

"I know you're hurt over..."

"I'm not. How many times do I have to say it? I'm not hurt by that. That's not the reason why I'm behaving the way I am."

"Tae, stop denying it! You're behaving this way because of her!"

I sighed, "Think whatever you want. That's not the reason why." I walked away, not even taking my breakfast.

I thought while walking to the classroom.

Why does Sica think I changed because of that? It isn't true, right?

I sighed again, before walking again.

When I was walking, I saw someone, someone who was too familar with me.

Her? No... it can't be.. Not now... my eyes must be playing tricks on me.

I passed by her, glancing at her face.

Yup. It's her...

Why did you have to come back now, of all times?

I walked to the classroom, her image still in my mind.

I took out my earpiece, and played some songs.

That's right... songs always calm me down, no matter what.

You're not coming back into my life... right?

"Miss Kim, class is starting, please stop listening to your music." the teacher said.

I smirked at her, putting my feet on the table and leaning onto my chair.

Author's POV

The teacher shook her head, "What is wrong with that kid?" 

"Anyway, class. We have a new student, please welcome her."

The said girl came in, and whistles started coming from the guys.

"Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Stephanie, but I'd like it if you call me Tiffany." she gave an eyesmile.

The guys all pretended to faint.

One guy asked, "Tiffany-sshi! Are you from overseas, like Jessica over here?" that guy pointed to the annoyed Jessica who was woken up from her sleep. 

Jessica shot Tiffany a glare, before falling back into Yuri's arms.

Tiffany flinched at Jessica's glare.

"Yes. I am from California, though I stayed in Seoul before."

"Well, Tiffany, take a seat there, next to Taeyeon-sshi."

Taeyeon groaned when she heard that.

She sighed as she took her earpiece out.

"Yah, Teach. Can you just start already? If we go at this rate, we'll be even slower than our next door class. Mind you, Mr Yoo is like twice your age."

"Is that any way to talk to your teacher, Miss Kim Taeyeon?"

Taeyeon smirked, "Like I care. Your class is always boring." she yawned, before taking her bag and heading towards the door.

"Where do you think you're going?"

"How about where I'm not going. Not this boring class or the principal's office. I have much better things to do then to listen to things I already know." 

"Ooh. Burnt." a guy said.

"Keep quiet, Mr Lee." the teacher exclaimed, "Miss Kim, that is no way to talk to your teacher."

Taeyeon just went out of the room.

Tiffany kept quiet in her seat.

Tiffany's POV

Tae... what happened to you?

You were never the rebellious type.

I frowned.

Have you changed that much?

~After Class~

"Sica..." I approached her.

"So, you're back..." Jessica nodded her head.

"Yeah... I am. Uhh... What happened to Tae?"

Sica sighed, "I don't know. She became a rebel and a player. I seriously don't understand. She said it's not because of you..."

Tae...

Yuri shook her head next to Sica, "That girl has been totally reborn. She refuses to talk about what changed her."

I asked, "Do you know where she is?"

"She's mostly with her girls or the rooftop. But since it's raining, I doubt she'd be up there. And right now, the last thing she wants to would be to see you."

I sighed.

Because I had to leave... 

If I had a choice, I would never have left...

If only you knew how much I missed you in LA. 

"Anyway, you're staying in the dorms right?" Yuri asked.

I nodded, "Then let's go see what your dorm number is!"

"You guys... you guys can forgive me so easily?"

Sica shrugged, "It's not like you had a say in it anyway."

Yuri nodded.

"Okay. Thanks." I smiled.

"Let's go!"

We went to the main office, and Yuri asked a kid, "Can you help me check what her dorm number is?"

"Name?" 

"Stephanie Hwang."

"Room 2719."

"You're kidding." Sica exclaimed.

"Why?" I asked.

"Check again!" Sica exclaimed.

"I check already, Sica unnie!" the girl whined.

"Double check it, Luna!" 

"I told you, unnie! I checked already! How does Krystal put up with you, seriously?" the girl named Luna muttered.

Sica sighed while Yuri shook her head.

"This is gonna be a looong year," Yuri sighed.

"What's wrong? Is 2719 filled with insects or something?"

They shook their head, "It's considered one of the most 'grand' dorms in the school."

"Then why is it bad?"

"Taeyeon stays there."

"What...?"

"You have to share a dorm with the great Kim Taeyeon. Expect a girl a night." Yuri simply said.

"Are you serious?" I asked.

"Pretty much." Sica shrugged.

"I can't... Oh god."

Taeyeon's POV

~At the same time~

"Taeyeonnie!" a girl called out, and I smiled immediately.

"Hey, Gayoon."

The girl came to me and I enveloped her in a hug, before bringing her lips closer to mine and devouring her.

When I was busy doing that, only one person was in my mind; Tiffany.

Why can't I get her image out of my head, even now?

"Hey! That's my girlfriend you're making out with!" some guy came and pushed me.

I smirked, "Well, Yoon Doojoon, she came to me, so?"

Doojoon grabbed my collar, "You stay away from my Gayoon!" he prepared to punch me, when I grabbed his hand.

"I don't really think so." I smiled, before punching him in the gut. I was about to do more, when something... someone stopped me.

"Stop, Taetae."

I turned around and looked at the familar voice.

"Who are you to tell me to stop? I told you to stop, but you never did." 

"Stop, Taeng. Seriously, Stop!" Jessica restrained me, while Yuri talked to Doojoon and Gayoon.

They finally got Doojoon and Gayoon to go away and released me.

I walked up to Miyoung, "Why? Why did you come back after you left?!"

"I never wanted to leave, Tae."

"Yeah. That's the reason why you didn't stop when I told you to." I said sarcastically.

"Really, Tae."

"Yeah, whatever." I walked away, before turning around and saying, "Oh, and don't bother me, or say that you love me, since the Kim Taeyeon you once loved doesn't exist."

"Tae." she grabbed my hand.

I turned around, looking at her, "Let go of me."

"No."

"Let go of me." I continued in my stern tone.

"I said no, Tae!"

"Let go of me!" I shouted, "Stephanie Hwang Miyoung, let go of me now!"

Instead of letting go, she pulled me into her arms.

Why does it still feel so warm?

I was right... I'm still in love with her.

"I won't, Tae. I never will again. I won't make the same mistake, I love you, Taetae. I had to leave, my dad got a job there and all... he didn't allow me to stay in Korea alone, Tae. I'd kill to be with you, no matter what." 

I smirked, "It's too late, Miyoung. I'm not the Kim Taeyeon you fell in love with. I'm a player and I don't know what love is anymore. So find someone else, I can't bear to see you hurt, especially if you get hurt by me."

"You haven't changed, Tae. The fact that you can't see me hurt makes a lot of difference. Besides, I don't care, Tae. I love you, and no matter what, I'll stop your player habits."

"Stop it, Miyoung. I don't want you to get hurt by me."

She simply kissed my lips and pulled away, "Tae, I'll wait forever for you."

"Miyoungie..." No matter how much of a player I am, I still go weak when I'm with her.

"Shh, Tae. Follow me." she smiled, before dragging me away, "Close your eyes."

I heard a click when she told me to open my eyes.

I opened it, shocked to see that I'm in my dorm.

"How..."

"I live here now, Tae." she smiled.

"Are you just trying to stalk me?" I asked cheekily.

"Why would I want to do that, Kim Taeyeon?" she came closer to me. 

"You give me the feel of a stalker, Miyoungie." I said, before softening my voice, "Miyoung ah, don't leave me again, will you?"

She smiled, "I promise you, Kim Taeyeon. I'm here to stay." she said, before hugging me.

"I missed you so much... I guess the reason why I turned into a player is really because of you..." I said, sighing.

"Tae... so... uhh... are we back together or something?"

"Miyoung, it's not that I don't like you anymore... but... let's take things slow... and let me kick my habit of playing off first."

~The Next Week~

During class, we kept texting each other.

"Kim Taeyeon and Tiffany Hwang, may I see you after class?"

Did he catch us? Oh god, now it's another lecture.

~After Class~

"Miss Kim, I would like you to tutor Miss Hwang in Math. I figured it'll be easier since you are the best student in our school and at the same time, roommates with Miss Hwang. It'll be fine, right?"

I nodded, "Of course, Mr Shin."

"That's good then. Oh, and don't think I don't see the two of you texting in class."

We looked at each other with weary eyes and laughed.

~A Few Months Later~

I finally kicked off my player habit and was thinking of some romantic way to ask Miyoung to be mine.

I surfed the internet, looking for new movement in KPOP. 

Surprisingly, I came over an interesting thing...

It's going to be her birthday soon... perhaps I should do something.

Then, I got the strangest idea ever...

Tiffany's POV

~1st August~

La la la la la. It's my birthday! 

I wonder what Taetae got me...

Hmm...

"Tae!" 

She turned around, "Yes?"

"Is there anything you want to say?"

"What?"

She forgot?

"Huh? Uh. Nevermind." I faked a smile.

Kim Taeyeon, have you forgotten it?

I felt like crying.

I got through the whole school day emotionlessly.

~At Night~

I went back home, surprised that the lights were off.

"Hmm. That shorty is still out?" I sighed, "That idiot..."

I the lights, only to see my dork holding a birthday cake.

"Happy Birthday, Miyoungie." she smiled.

I softened and cried.

"Yah. Miyoungie, stop crying... Did I do something wrong?"

I starting hitting her shoulder, "Of course, you babo. I thought you forgot..." 

"How can I ever forget something related to you, Miyoung?" she asked.

I smiled, "Where's my present?" I asked.

Taeyeon looked surprised.

"You forgot my present?!" I asked, teasing her with an angry voice.

"I...I..." she chuckled, "Of course I didn't!"

"Well, where is it?" I asked.

"Close you eyes and open your palms."

I did as she said, only to feel a piece of paper on my hands. 

"God, don't tell me..." 

"Happy Birthday, Miyoung!" she said as I opened my eyes and looked at my palms, only to see a math problem. (The picture above)

"A math problem? Really, Tae? REALLY?!" I started hitting her again.

"Solve it!" she said eagarly.

"What? You're stupid, Tae!"

She frowned, "You'll only get your present when you solve it."

"What?! Wait. So this isn't my present?" 

Taeyeon shook her head.

I heaved a sigh of relief.

"At least that's good." I studied the piece of paper on my palm, "But, how the hell can you solve this?! There are letters and numbers."

Taeyeon shrugged while showing her cocky smile.

"Well, if you solve it now, you'll get your present now. If not, you have to wait till 11:59." 

"KIM TAEYEON!" 

She put the cake in the fridge before running to hide, while I sat there, trying to figure out the problem.

~At 11:50~

I gave up solving the problem, but was so eagar to know the answer.

"Just 9 more minutes... you can wait..."

~11:51~

I looked at the clock.

One minute has passed?! But it felt like 10 minutes!

~11:58~

One more minute... go... go...

Taeyeon's POV

I went out.

"Haven't solved it yet, Miyoungie?" I grinned, before grabbing the paper and covering the top with my hands.

"Taetae..." she smiled, before breaking into tears.

"I love you, Miyoungie." I smiled.

"I love you too, Taeyeonnie..." she cried.

I kissed her lips slowly, but sweetly.

_________

Author's Note:

I think I'm going to write a lot of fluffy TaeNy in the near future.

Did you even see their moments? I'm going crazy.