red day 2012

Our Never Ending Love Story

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

On this day last year, we weren't together. I had chocolates in the fridge, hoping that I would be able to hand them to you while they were still edible. I didn't get to.

 

You found them there, several months later. I watched your face fall as you realized what they were for - what they signified. And then, I felt in your arms your own gratitude and sorrow.

 

That night you promised me the whole world - and more. But I told you that being able to give you chocolates on red day, every year, is enough. You held me so tight I thought I was going to die.

 

It was the best feeling in the world.

 

Things only got worse for us after that. You were busy battling the world for your well deserved recognition. But nothing seemed to work, and you devoted more and more of yourself to you craft. I couldn't be more proud of you, knowing how difficult things were and yet you didn't back down.

 

Such was a far cry from my own situation. By the day, I felt myself give up and grow a little weary. Like a ticking bomb, I was. And the fact that I couldn't see you as much as I would have liked, peeved me to no end.

 

There was a time that I was almost ready to let you go again. And then you had to show up at my door, donned in everything that screamed of us. All those earlier thoughts just flew out of the window. And I realized that I love you. And I want to give you chocolates on red day of every remaining years of my life.

 

This year, I had been torn on what to do. Should I seek you out and surprise you wherever you may be, even backstage if you had a performance? Had you known just to what extent I went just to get the most credible of your schedules, you would be so prove and smug at the same time. I'd hoped you wouldn't find out, but my intuition tells me that you'd already know.

 

What got me confused, however, was the list of activities I acquired came up blank for today. What would you be doing, oppa? Why haven't you told me anything?

 

I just didn't want the chocolates I made for you go to waste. And you said that wouldn't happen again.

 

A loud incessant knocking fished me out of my chaotic thoughts. It had me ambling towards the door in my pajamas, and still disheveled hair. I asked who it was, having virtually no idea who'd be paying me a visit at this time of the day. It didn't even cross my mind to tie my hair up.

 

Your platinum blonde hair had me in a daze and it drove a whirlwind of emotions to my very core. I didn't noticed you pushing me inside to lock us in the safety of my apartment. Even your kiss felt like a dream, as your lips and tongue ghosted and entwined with mine. I thought I was dreaming still, even when I responded in a manner that mirrored your passion. And I willed myself not to wake up.

 

"Riinie," I heard you whisper; felt you say my name. "My Riinie."

 

My name was all you uttered but I understood. At that point in time, I knew exactly what you meant. Feeling your heart beating against mine as you held me as close as possible, I felt it too. No more words were needed to finally set my weary self at ease. We may part ways for most of the year; we might not see each other until we can hardly breathe; we might not be contented with the late to overnight phone calls just to assure each other that we’re here, we’re waiting and loving; at the end of the day, we are worth it all.

 

No matter what, you are my love and you are mine.

 

Just as I am yours.