What Do You Do on Your Birthday?

Our Never Ending Love Story

 

 

 

 

 

Junsu’s birthday comes twice a year. Of course, he’s only born once, but having two days to celebrate his coming into the world is plain awesome. He can’t imagine having only one, really.

He sees how his band members have difficulties during their birthdays. More often than not, they don't know where to go or who to celebrate with, because they want to be with everyone, but everyone can’t really be everyone.

Junsu, however, can celebrate with his fans earlier than the fifteenth. They usually pick the weekend closest. Then he stays with his family the whole of the day itself. His dad usually closes the pizza shop for the day, while his mom makes rice cakes and seaweed soup. His cousins are in charge of the party preparations. Meanwhile, his older twin – who he sometimes refers to as his other (slightly manlier) self – and he are treated like princes.

This day is especially good if Junsu doesn't have work to do – which isn't every year, unfortunately. But Junsu is happy. He's thankful – because like mentioned earlier, he has two birthdays.

The man, whose is similar to that of a duck, smiles to himself. It is an almost maniacal smile – and comes with the naughty glint in his eyes – that practically screams about the erted thoughts that are swimming in his head.

You see, Junsu's second birth date is a reserved day. No one can make him do anything other than laze in bed on this day. His phone is left inside the bag he brings along, and the home phone is unplugged.

He stretches his body on the bed, letting out a loud yawn in the process. He looks at the wall clock and learns that it's already noon. The time answers the unvoiced question on the top of his head. Junsu has woken up to an empty bed. It isn't included on his favorite things to wake up to.

He lets it go, however, because he knows the reason why his lover isn't beside him. Instead, Junsu steps into the adjoining bathroom, and relieves himself of the unnecessary water and alcohol in his system. He also brushes his teeth with the purple toothbrush he leaves behind. He checks his breath, smiles at himself on the mirror, and deems himself y enough to enamor his angelic – with just the right amount of naughtiness – girlfriend. He makes his way into the kitchen.

“Liyin ah...” he whispers into the ear of said lady. He feels her stiffen as he wraps his arms around her thin waist. “I missed you.”

She melts into his arms as realization hits her, dropping the ladle back into the soup pot with a loud clank. She turns her head to the side and welcomes the good morning kiss that Junsu bestows upon her lips.

“I was planning on bringing you lunch in bed. Now you've ruined it,” she states with a pout after he pulls away.

Junsu laughs, loud and merry, and he kisses her again. The second time is longer, more passionate, and he lets go only when he feels her need for air.

“Happy birthday, again,” she greets him.

Liyin turns around and faces Junsu. She cups his face into her tiny hands, squeezes his plump cheeks – for good measure – before planting a kiss on his lips. Then she loops her arms around his neck and buries her face onto his broad chest.

“I wish this day would never end,” she mutters.

“Hey,” he coos, lifting her head to look her in the eyes. “It's a happy birthday because I have you beside me.”

“Well, it better be after –“ she catches herself before she could finish her sentence. A flush quickly makes its way up her neck and settles on her face. She closes her eyes in embarrassment, but opens them again, wider even, when she feels his hand on her stomach.

“It's the best.”

 

 

---

This was written a while back. >.< Sorry... this was Junsu's birthday tribute. I always believe that Junsu reserves January 1 to celebrate with his girl. Teehee. Don't you think so too? ^^