A series of deleted tweets by @1215thexiahtic

Our Never Ending Love Story

*This is a birthday gift for Lil (LyGiaMy). It's overdue but I hope it's still alright. I started and restarted a couple before this came about. Inspired by The Script's If You See Kay and some Feltson (Tom Felton & Emma Watson).

 

Some time in August, a few years after 2012.

 

 

It has been a couple of years since I last saw you, he started to type out. Both his thumbs were fast and unhesitant on the keys. I tried to call you, he added. Many times in fact. Even today, I still dial your number unknowningly while knowingly wanting to hear your voice. He pressed tweet.

 

I love you. He began again. I still love you. I think I forever will.

 

He hit backspace. And he deleted his previous tweet.

 

He didn't log into twitter for a week after that, ignoring all and every mention asking him who he's talking about. He wallowed in the emptiness in his heart and reacquainted himself with a bottle of Jack Daniels, a couple of bottles of good ol' soju and a six pack of his favorite beer.

 

After that, he was back on stage, singing his heart out and garnering praises one after the other. It seemed that his twitter mishap was left forgotten.

 

 

In late February after that.

 

 

Your birthday is fast approaching once again. I want to greet you in person. I want to give you my years' worth of gifts, too. He pressed tweet. Then started another. I love you. But it was never posted.

 

And the one before it disappeared promptly after.

 

Once again, his followers guessed and discussed who Asia's superstar could be pining over. Screencaps of his deleted tweets circulated the internet gaining more and more questions rather than answers.

 

Once again they were all ignored. And a couple of days later. He announced about going on a vacation—a sabbatical—in a place he did not specify.

 

He disappeared–very much like his deleted tweets—only to post again on the first of the succeeding month with a single picture of a stormy horizon.

 

It was a picture he captured himself.

 

 

Early September, same year.

 

 

Time seems to pass me by. It feels as if it was only yesterday when we used to laugh together and eat with each other. I miss those days. I miss you. He pressed tweet and waited for the application to load again. Are you happy?

 

This time, these couple of posts remained online for five full minutes. Their deletion entailed so much more than the usual questions from his fans and followers. News programs began to ask as well. And they made use of the screencaps the netizens had taken.

 

But, again none of the speculations were ever verified. They all remained exactly that—speculations.

 

 

A couple more years later, while he was doing his time of mandatory military service, and on a different platform altogether:

 

I'm waiting.