welcome home (370 words)

Our Never Ending Love Story

 

welcome home

iamforgotten

 

 

he stands in front of the door, fingers fidgeting on the handle of his bag. he know this is the right thing to do but – somehow – he is afraid, nervous – and sweating like a ing pig. junsu struggles with his inner angel and demon. does he – or does he not – come back into riin’s life.

after living her so many years ago. after hurting her – and bringing tears to her beautiful face – does he still have to right to stand before her – and love her, for that matter. he retreats. right hand in the air, held in a tight fist, and he retreats. he thinks it’s too much to asked of an ex-lover – to forgive him and take him back.

but he knows – oh god, he knows – that he can’t continue without her in his life.

so he steps forward once again, fist ready to knock on the oakwood door. he takes a deep breath and –

retreats again. because the deep breath isn’t enough to give him courage. he needs more – so much more – maybe a sign.

something to tell him how to do it. and he waits – looking like the insane that he actually is – and he waits.

he waits until the door opens and a young boy appears in front of him – flushed and panting – followed by the one person Junsu wants to see – hair dishevelled and laughing her heart out.

time stops.

junsu’s heart stops beating – but tears start to well in his eyes.

riinie –

omma, who’s this man?
the little boy asks, eyes wide in anticipation.

omma… junsu repeats, not understanding the situation. rinie, who’s –

he looks directly in her eyes. there, he finds the answers to his many unasked questions.

yours.

i love you, too.


his bag drops with a loud thud, as his knees met the concrete floor of the patio. his arms moved – as if having minds of their own – and wound around the little boy.

what’s your name, little one?

kim inhwan. how about you, mister?

appa. call me appa.


junsu looks up to see jang riin smiling at him – and he has to close his eyes just to thank the heavens for the most wonderful welcome home present in the world.