Soul Concord

Soul Concord

 

“…what…?” Tao used his elbows to support his body and looked at Kris disbelief, “Are you joking?”

“Look, Tao, this is serious. It’s not a joke.” Kris rubbed his temple, “So, we must protect him no matter what now.”

“And we’re keeping this from him?!” Tao shook his head, “We can’t, Kris! It’s his life, for God’s sake! He deserves to know!”

“No, don’t. If we don’t do what the CIA said, it’ll be risky for us and Minseok too. You have to understand.” Kris explained, “We’ll tell him but not now, okay. For now, I really need you to teach him how to use gun.”

“…to protect himself?”

Kris nodded, “Just in case.”

“And we’re going to Japan tomorrow?”

Kris nodded again, “Now, have more rest. You need your energy for tomorrow.”

The commander went out from the room, leaving the youngest alone.

Tao leaned back to the bed and sighed. He really couldn’t understand what was on the CIA men’s minds. They had ruined a life of clueless guy.

But when Tao’s mind was cursing the CIA, suddenly Minseok walked into their room. Tao snapped his mind and looked at the chubby man. Minseok had tray on his hands and put it carefully on the table beside the bed. The tasty smell invaded his nostrils.

“You have to eat.” Minseok said, “Yixing said we’re going to move again tomorrow to Japan.”

Tao looked at the cream soup and the baked fettuccini on the tray, “Wow, it looks delicious.”

“Come on. I’ll help you to sit up.” Minseok said, slipping one of his hands under Tao’s shoulder.

Tao groaned through his teeth when he was moving into sitting position. Hearing that, Minseok flinched. He carefully helped the younger and sighed in relief after that.

“…” Tao cursed slightly. His breath became short.

“Are you okay…?” Minseok asked.

“Naaah, I am.” Tao panted. He leaned his back carefully on the bedpost.

Minseok brought the tray to Tao’s lap and the raven haired man started eating.

“I’ll change your bandage after you finish.” Minseok said, “I’ll take shower first, okay?”

Tao muffled his agreement and Minseok left him.

After fifteen minutes, Minseok stepped back into the room with a box of aid kit in his hand. He set it beside the bed and removed the tray from Tao’s lap. After helping the younger to scoot further from the bed post so he could sit behind the wounded man, Minseok opened the box on his lap. He helped Tao to put off the shirt. Carefully, he cut the bandage around Tao’s torso and opened it. He could hear Tao groan when the bandage left the wound open for the air. He picked the antiseptic like what Yixing had told him and got up from Tao’s behind to front.

“Straighten your body a bit so I can add the antiseptic to your wound.”

Tao nodded and straightened his body, flinching along doing it. His hands were supporting him on the back of his body. Minseok sprayed the antiseptic on Tao’s wound and he could hear another groan from the younger.

“Hold on a minute, okay?” Minseok said. He put back the antiseptic into the box and knelt beside the bed. He held both of Tao’s side and blew the wound carefully.

Suddenly he heard a low chuckle above him. He lifted his head and frowned to see Tao chuckling.

“What’s so funny?” Minseok asked.

“It’s pretty hot to see you blowing me like this.” Tao smirked naughtily, emphasizing the word.

Minseok pinched Tao’s side, earning an ‘ouch’, “Say that again and I’ll pinch your wound instead.”

The chubby man sat behind Tao again and took the roll of bandage from the box. After putting cotton sprayed by the antiseptic, Minseok carefully wrapped the new bandage around Tao’s torso.

“Done.” Minseok announced.

He closed the box and sighed. And then he helped Tao to lean back to the bed. When he was about to lean away from the younger, he felt a hand held him close by his nape. He shifted his eyes up to meet the dark orbs of the younger. Suddenly he felt the thin lips pressed against his own.

Minseok was shocked.

Tao had his eyes closed and he moved his head slightly to the right to get the better angle to kiss the oldest man. With a gentle movement of his tongue, Tao managed to part Minseok’s lips. A second later Minseok felt Tao’s warm tongue had been exploring his mouth. A sigh escaped Minseok’s lips as he closed his eyes. He had to admit that Tao’s kiss was wonderful.

After a few minutes of kissing, with last nip on Minseok’s lower lip, Tao pulled away.

“Wha-wha-what was that for…?” Minseok stuttered.

 “My payback for taking care of me.” Tao smiled and pinched Minseok’s cheek, “How was your first kiss? Do you like it?”

“I-I-It wa-was…”

Tao pouted but there was a hint of smile at the corner of his glistening lips, “Was I that bad?”

“No!” Minseok exclaimed and then covered his mouth later after knowing what he had just said.

“I was good then.” Tao smirked.

Wordlessly, Minseok ran out from the room, red face. Tao chuckled at that and looked at the ceiling. Unconsciously, his fingers reached his lips. He his own lips and a small smile playing on his handsome face. Tao could feel his heartbeat increasing.

“He tasted sweet…”

 

-

 

The following morning, Tao finally could stood up even though it was needed a lot of energy and groans. He unpacked his belonging with Yixing’s and Minseok’s helps and went downstairs with Kris helping him. They immediately went to the airport. After checking in and getting called for their flight to Japan, they walked into the plane.

“I hate this.” Tao whined once he had sat on the passenger seat, “I feel like sick man.”

“You are sick.” Kris rolled his eyes, “You have a pretty bad shot wound on your tummy.”

“Tch. I felt good to kill Chanyeol though.” Tao sighed, “I got my revenge.”

Kris chuckled, “Such a brat. Come on, give Minseok space to sit.”

Tao scooted slightly. Minseok sat beside Tao silently.

“Why so silent?” Tao asked.

Minseok shrugged, “How am I supposed to do?”

The younger man sighed, “Well, talk to me. You're usually loud like an old woman.”

Tao was expecting that Minseok would pout or snap him but he got no reaction. With a heavy sigh, Tao leaned on his seat. He moved Minseok’s head to face him with his thumb and index finger on Minseok’s chin.

“Did I make you mad, Xiumin?”

Minseok was taken aback that Tao called him by his faked name. Tao usually called him by his real name. Minseok felt a pang in his heart and shook his head.

“Are you feeling sick?”

Minseok shook his head again.

“Are you having a fever?”

A shaking head again as the answer.

“Is it about the kiss?”

Minseok was about shake his head again but he stopped himself because Tao’s was right. He lowered his gaze.

“So, it’s about the kiss.” Tao sighed, “You hate me because of it?”

“…no.” Minseok said weakly.

Tao bit his lower lip and released Minseok’s chin. And then he looked out through the window, supporting his chin on his hand. His feelings were mixed up.

“I’m sorry…” Minseok heard Tao whisper.

Minseok widened his eyes. He really wanted to say that Tao didn’t have to be sorry because he loved the kiss. He really wanted to turn Tao’s face toward him and kissed the younger’s lips once again. He really wanted to tell the younger how crazy he was every time Tao was around him. But, Minseok’s pride was too thick. He just could swallow his words and looked down to his lap.

It wasn’t that long until they reached Japan. Four of them called the cab and immediately headed toward the Japanese traditional styled hotel. Kris checked them in a small bungalow with two bedrooms and a bathroom. The bungalow was nice and Minseok could have loved it if he didn’t feel the heavy feeling in his heart.

“We’ll go for a walk.” Yixing said to Tao and Minseok, “Oh, and Minseok. After that, let’s go to hot spring, okay?”

Minseok smiled and nodded. Yixing and Kris left the bungalow, leaving the awkward pairing.

Tao was about to go to their room but Minseok grabbed his wrist. The raven haired man turned around and stared at the oldest.

“Ca-can I talk to you for a while…?” Minseok asked with lowered head.

“…okay.”

Minseok led them to sit oppositely in front of the TV.

“…so?” The younger yet the taller one broke the silence.

“There are two questions in my head right now.” Minseok said softly, “First, why did you stop calling me by my real name?”

Tao leaned back to the couch, “Isn’t that your identity now, Xiumin?”

Minseok was near to cry. He wiped the drop from his eyes, “Please call me by my real name…”

Tao was shocked by the fact Minseok was crying in front of him. He moved from his couch to sit beside the older man. He enveloped the smaller body with his arm.

“Why are you crying…?” Tao whispered.

“Tao, the whole thing is moving fast that I can barely keep it up. The last thing I have to make myself sure about my life is just that you call me by my real name. I barely know myself anymore. Although sometimes you call me teasingly or in your joke, it keeps me sane.”

The raven haired man tightened his arm around Minseok’s body and nodded, “I’m sorry…I’m calling you by your real name again. I promise.”

“Thanks…” Minseok whispered.

“And the second?” Tao asked. He exactly had a feeling that Minseok would ask about the kiss. But, he still didn’t know the reason.

“Why did you kiss me…?” Minseok asked, looking up at the dark orbs of the younger.

Tao sighed. He raised his free hand and caressed Minseok’s cheek, “I don’t know…”

Minseok frowned and leaned away from Tao’s touch, “You don’t know?!”

“Listen to me.” Tao tightened his arm again, “I, myself, don’t know, Minseok. It was just…happened like that.”

“Are you playing with me?!” Minseok burst out, “It was my first kiss, Tao!”

“I know!” Tao said. He leaned closer and rested his head on Minseok’s shoulder, breathing the sweet scent of the older deeply, “I know, Minseok. It was just…your lips looked so tempting and I don’t know what got into my head.”

Tao could hear Minseok’s heartbeat increasing. He rested his palm on Minseok’s chest.

“Maybe…” Tao whispered against Minseok’s neck, “Maybe I like you.”

Minseok swore he could faint right then and there. But, he tried to gather his mind up and asked, “Yo-you like me…?”

“I think…” Tao said, “I’ve never felt like this before…”

Minseok bit his lip. He felt himself melting under Tao’s words. But, he, himself, wasn’t sure if he liked Tao or not. He surely felt comfort and safe around Tao even though the younger always as hell. He didn’t know if the feeling he had right then was ‘like’ or even ‘love’ but surely he loved Tao’s presence.

He tremblingly Tao’s black locks and turned his face to bury his nose in it, “I don’t know what feeling I have too…”

“Minseok…”

“Let’s figure this out together.” Minseok said, “I don’t know…but, I’m comfortable around you.”

Tao pulled his head from Minseok’s shoulder so he could stare at the older man. He reached Minseok’s cheek and leaned closer. Once their lips were an inch apart, Tao stopped.

“Can I kiss you…?” He asked.

Minseok chuckled silently. He grabbed Tao’s collar and pulled the younger to meet his lips. Their lips molded softly. Tao moved his head to get the better angle. One of his hand pulled Minseok waist closer so their chests touching and his other hand held the back of Minseok’s head to deepen the kiss. With a gentle gesture of Tao’s tongue on his lower lip, Minseok parted his lips, letting the younger to re-explore his warm cavern. He wrapped his arms around Tao’s neck and let out a small sigh when Tao was exploring his palate.

After a few minutes, they parted to catch their breaths. Tao’s stuck their foreheads together, enjoying the other’s warmth.

“Oh, wow. What we’ve got here.”

Minseok hurriedly pushed the younger away and blushed when Yixing and Kris were grinning toward their direction.

“Sorry for interrupting your time, but don’t you have an appointment to go to the hot spring with me, Xiumin?” Yixing asked.

“Oh, right! I’ll change into kimono first.” Minseok exclaimed and ran toward his and Tao’s room.

“Eeeey, you never told me you like him.” Yixing nudged Tao’s rib.

“I don’t know.” Tao sighed, “I don’t even know if this feeling can be considered as ‘like’.”

Yixing rolled his eyes, “Yeah, whatever you say, lil’ bro. Now excuse me, I have an appointment with your princess.”

With that way, Yixing walked into his and Kris’ shared room to change his clothes into kimono. Kris grinned ear to ear until Tao made a ‘what?’ face. But, the commander just shrugged and turned the TV on like there was nothing happened.

A few minutes later, Minseok walked out from his room and Tao almost dropped the drink he was holding at that time. Minseok had a thin baby blue kimono with branch patterns on it. And it made him look cute. Minseok replied Tao’s ogling eyes with a shy smile that made the younger wanted to pounce him right there and then. Unluckily, it was the time when Yixing was walking out from his room as well.

“See you.” Yixing waved to the two males in front of the TV and pulled Minseok’s wrist. Minseok gave a last smile to Tao before disappearing behind the slid door.

“You can stop drooling. He’s left.” Kris sneered.

Tao kicked Kris’ shin and huffed.

 

-

 

It wasn’t that long until Minseok and Yixing reached the hot spring.

“We have to wash our body first at the cleaning room. Don’t forget to put your kimono into the locker over there.” Yixing pointed at the lockers at the corner.

Minseok nodded obediently. He opened one of the lockers and changed his kimono into towel before picking one cabin to wash his body to clean the dirt before entering the hot spring. After that, he realized that Yixing had gone to the hot spring before him. He stepped out from the cleaning room and met the fogged area of the outdoor hot spring. The sky was starry, making it perfect to enjoy the view. He saw the silhouette between the fogs on the hot water’s surface which he knew it was Yixing’s because there was nobody there other than them. He was about to call the younger when suddenly the fogs thinned, revealing the shocking view for Minseok to see.

The grin on Minseok’s chubby face slowly faded into a shocked expression.



*gasps* what did minseok see??? what happened to yixing?! *runs away before gets bricked*