Soul Concord

Soul Concord

 

CLICK! CLICK!

“Nu-uh, not that fast, jerk.”

Chanyeol turned his face and met Tao’s twin guns. His eyes went wide.

“How the hell did yo-”

“You have to learn about your enemy first before you turn to your back, Chanyeol. I thought you were smarter than that.” Tao smirked. The handcuffs were still hanging on his wrist but the one that had held him before was free.

Chanyeol gritted his teeth.

“Now, be a good boy and hand me the flash disk.” Tao commanded.

“Not even in your dream!” Chanyeol suddenly kicked Tao stomach.

Tao groaned painfully and Chanyeol pointed his own gun on Tao’s forehead.

“I won!” Chanyeol boasted out.

Tao chuckled, “It’ll be more painful if I shoot you here.”

Chanyeol looked down and saw Tao’s gun pointed at his crotch. The taller male flustered.

“Fine.” Chanyeol retreated, “Let’s do this empty handedly.”

Tao frowned, “What?”

“Are you scared?” Chanyeol smirked. He put off his jacket and threw it. He also threw his gun away.

“Okay, whatever.” Tao rolled his eyes and did the same.

“Ready?” Chanyeol asked.

“Too much question.” Tao said and flied a punch toward Chanyeol’s face. But, the taller male dodged it easily. Chanyeol kicked Tao’s side but Tao grabbed his ankle and kicked Chanyeol’s other leg. Chanyeol fell down on the ground with a groan and then got up again.

“Not bad.” Chanyeol hissed.

“You underestimate me too much, bastard.” Tao narrowed his eyes.

Chanyeol threw a punch, Tao dodged it, when his concentration was split up, Chanyeol gave a knee to Tao’s side. Tao coughed at that.

“Now, we’re even.” Chanyeol smirked.

Tao straightened his body and gave Chanyeol’s jaw a nice spin kick. When Chanyeol was trying to pick himself up, Tao kneed Chanyeol’s stomach.

“!” Chanyeol didn’t waste time after the hit and kicked Tao’s leg until the raven haired man fell down.

Tao kicked Chanyeol’s chin from the ground and shoved him to the wall. They were panting hard, leaning on opposite walls.

“Damn, you’re getting better.” Chanyeol said through his gritted teeth.

“Oh, yeah, yes, I am, uncle.” Tao chuckled humorlessly, “You’re too.”

With a shout, Chanyeol threw a fist toward Tao’s face, but Tao was faster, he ducked so Chanyeol’s fist collided with the poor wall. Chanyeol didn’t stop there, he turned his body and kicked the air since Tao had backed away before that. Tao launched himself to Chanyeol and chocked him on the wall.

“Fu-!” Chanyeol breathed.

“You…” Tao hissed, “I’ll kill you for killing my parents.”

Chanyeol chuckled, “Come on, Dude. Grudge won’t make you win.”

“Really? So, what position are you in now, huh?”

“Did you ever hear about secret weapon?”

Before Tao could react, Chanyeol had shot his stomach with a colt .25.

“You…jerk…” Tao hissed, retreating slowly.

“No, you’re stupid.” Chanyeol chuckled. He hurriedly took his gun from the ground because the alarm had been ringing because of the gun sound.

But, Tao, despite of his injury, was faster. He grabbed his one of his twin guns and shot Chanyeol right on chest.

Chanyeol groaned and fell down on his knees, hands clutching the wounded flesh.

“That’s for betraying Minseok.” Tao hissed and shot Chanyeol’s chest again, “For kidnapping Yixing a few years before although I don’t know the real story, but you surely hurt him and Kris at once.” A shot again, “For your hits on me.” And then a shot on Chanyeol’s head ended the taller male’s life. “The last is for my parents…”

After he had killed Chanyeol, he picked the rest of his guns and then stole the flash disk from Chanyeol’s pocket. The wound on his stomach was burning like hell and since he had lost so much blood, he could feel the dizziness slowly come to his sense.

Mentally cursing because he didn’t do it fast like he had promised to Minseok, he walked out from the restricted room and ran limply toward the lift. He didn’t have much time to take the staircases. But, when he was about to enter the lift, a few guards pointed their guns at him. With his speed, Tao hurriedly shot them while his other hand pressed the button until the door of the lift closed.

Breathing heavily, Tao slumped down on the cold metal. He groaned in pain when his stomach was throbbing. Finally he managed to reach the A floor. He ran out from the lift even though the wound was hurting him in every step he took. He was relieved that he didn’t see any of guards there. His destination was right then the previous room where he had intruded.

 

-

 

“!” Kris threw the device from his ear and grabbed the car key.

“Where are you going?!” Yixing panicked.

“Pick Tao up, of course! Do you expect me to stay here and let him die?!” Kris snapped.

Yixing bit his lower lip, “Be careful, Kris!”

Kris nodded stiffly. And then he rushed out from the house toward the certain destination.

“Oh, God…” Yixing breathed heavily while watching how Tao was struggling toward the ventilation.

Minseok, on the other hand, covered his mouth in horror. He was shocked that the plan turned out bad. And he was shocked because he couldn’t believe Chanyeol, the one who was supposed to be his best friend, the clumsy boy with cheerful behavior, changed 180° when he was fighting Tao. And the dirty trick Chanyeol had used to injure Tao was really cruel. He couldn’t hear the conversation between Tao and Chanyeol earlier but he had seen how Tao’s lips mentioned his name when shooting Chanyeol from the camera Yixing had hacked.

Tao had been right. Chanyeol who Minseok had known wasn’t the real Chanyeol. He wasn’t Minseok’s best friend. For Minseok, his best friend was honest and never did something like that.

Unconsciously, Minseok started crying, because of the anger, because of the sadness, because of the truth, because of Chanyeol and because of injured Tao. All he could do was to pray to God that Tao would be okay.

“Yi-Yixing…” Suddenly, both Minseok and Yixing heard Tao’s voice from the speaker, it seemed Tao had picked the wireless device he had thrown earlier to contact them, “I-I don’t think I can manage to reach our house…”

“Don’t worry, Tao. Kris is on his way to pick you up.” Yixing informed.

“Pick me up?! Is he crazy?!” Tao exclaimed, “He could be caught!”

“Trust him, Tao.” Yixing assured, “He’ll be okay and he’ll reach you.”

Suddenly after a few seconds of silence, Tao broke it with a weak chuckle.

“Do you know what the positive thing behind this?”

Yixing looked at Minseok to find the answer but Minseok just frowned.

“What?” Yixing asked back.

“I can wear this new coat I wore from home again. I can still use my new sniper for the next action.”

Yixing broke into soft laugh, “Tao, you’re really unbelievable.”

Tao chuckled along, “Oh and Yixing.”

“Hmm?”

“I made a promise to myself that I would help you to wash the dishes for two weeks if the card key for R floor fit. And it fit. But, I don’t think I can fulfill my promise to you since I was injured. I hope you can delay the promise, or maybe forget about it?”

“No!” Yixing chuckled, “I’ll delay it but I won’t forget it.”

“Damn…I shouldn’t have told you…” Tao cursed.

Yixing exhaled and said, “Tao, please, get back safely.”

“…” Tao’s breath was heard, “I’ll try.”

And then the connection was hung. Yixing bit his lower lip in worry and leaned back to the seat.

 

-

 

Tao slung his back pack and crawled on the upside of the electricity wall. He jumped from it to reach the high wall where first he had climbed.

“Agh!” He groaned when his feet touched the ground near his black car had been parked. The blood didn’t stop flowing from his wound and the dizziness came back. But, that time, Tao couldn’t handle it. Slowly, he was losing his consciousness.

Kris arrived at the scene right after Tao had just fainted against the wall. Cursing slightly, he slung Tao’s arm around his neck and held the younger’s waist for support. He carefully laid Tao on the backseats and closed the door. Suddenly a bullet passed his ear.

“He’s not alone!” Someone shouted.

Kris turned his face and saw a man with black suit and mask with helmet pointing at him and shouting. Kris grabbed the gun on the passenger seat and shot the man. The man was dead in a second. The blonde commander hurriedly hopped into the car and escaped from there. The car was shot but other than that he didn’t get any injury and the car kept speeding up fine. The only concern for Kris was his little brother on the backseats. He gave a last worry glance from the rearview mirror to unconscious Tao and sped up the car.

 

-

 

“Oh my God!” Yixing shrieked when Kris was bringing Tao into their house, “The wound is worse than I thought!”

“Tao!” Minseok hurriedly approached the bleeding assassin in worry.

Kris laid Tao on the bed where Minseok had slept the night before and Yixing hurriedly ran down the stairs again to take the first aid kit. Kris slumped down on the couch and racked his hand to his blonde locks desperately.

“Ngh…” Suddenly Tao let out a voice.

Minseok knelt down beside the bed and watched the younger’s movement in worry. Tao opened his eyes half-lidded and saw Minseok’s worry face.

“Why are you making that face?” Tao asked with weak voice.

Minseok burst into tears, “You were right! Chanyeol is a jerk! He doesn’t deserve to live! I’m grateful that you killed him!”

Tao’s hand suddenly grasped Minseok’s trembling one and smiled, “I know I was right. Now, I’m glad you know the truth. I’m sorry though. I couldn’t kill him fast like I promised you…”

“It doesn’t matter, Tao! I’m glad that he died in misery!” Minseok held Tao’s hand tightly and wiped his tears with his other hand.

“Minseok,” Suddenly Yixing’s voice was heard beside him, “would you please clean the wound while I’m preparing the equipment?”

Minseok saw Yixing had brought a box of aid kit and he nodded. He took the bowl of sterilized warm water from Yixing and dipped the cloth in it.

“No, it’s okay. I can clean it myself.” Tao was about to sit up but Minseok pushed him back to the bed.

“No way!” Minseok warned him, “Lay down! I can do this.”

“But, the blood-”

“Stop worrying me while you have to worry about yourself.” Minseok said. He squeezed the wet cloth and carefully tore Tao’s shirt to reveal the wound. He cleaned the blood first. And then carefully he cleaned the wound with the cloth. In a few minutes, the white cloth turned into red. Flinching slightly, Minseok put the towel into the bowl and scooted further so Yixing could do his work.

“Bite this.” Yixing handed Tao a towel. Obediently, Tao bit the towel.

“This is going to hurt…” Yixing scrunched his face in worry, “Hold on, okay…?”

Tao muffled his ‘yes’ so Yixing picked small knife and he burnt the tip of the knife with the lighter until it became darkened. Carefully, he dipped the knife into the wound to pull out the bullet.

Tao muffled a groan and bit the towel tightly until he felt his jaw was about to slack. But, the pain wasn’t reduced. It was burning as hell on his abdomen and he felt his head dizzy because of it. But, suddenly warmth enveloped his left hand which was gripping on the sheet until his knuckle went white. It was Minseok’s. Tao’s eyes trailed from the smooth hand up to Minseok’s eyes. Minseok squeezed his hand softly and forced a smile even though the worry was clearly visible on his chubby face.

“You’re…” Tao chuckled weakly, “ugly.”

Minseok pouted playfully, finally the worry was vanished, “If I’m ugly then you’re a monster.”

Tao grinned, “A handsome monster.”

Minseok rolled his eyes, “Whatever.”

Yixing finished snitched Tao’s wound and sighed in relieved, “Done.”

“We really have to move from this house.” Kris said, “They probably are tracking us to here.”

“Okay. Let’s pack up. We’re moving tomorrow. But, for now, I have to buy the painkillers first for Tao.” Yixing said, “So sad. I love this house.”

“We can buy another one, Baby.” Kris kissed his lover’s lips. Yixing smiled and nodded.

“Hmm, can I come with you?” Minseok asked the dimpled man.

“Of course. What do you have to buy?”

“Is it menstrual pads?” Tao laughed.

“Yah! I’m a male, you jerk!” Minseok shouted, earning louder laugh from Tao, “ you!”

“No, I’ll you.” Tao smirked naughtily, “You’re going to love that. You must be tight since you’re a .”

Minseok flustered and raised his palm high, “Have you ever felt a smack on your shot wound?”

“Oh, wow! I’m kidding!” Tao hurriedly raised his hand in defeat.

Minseok shot another glare before going to the wardrobe for changing his clothes.

Yixing made a look to Tao.

“What?” Tao chuckled.

Yixing shrugged and went downstairs.