Soul Concord

Soul Concord

 

“Turn left. And stop the car at the corner of the alley.” Kris said.

“Copy that.” Tao’s voice was heard from the loud speaker of Yixing’s laptop.

It was the noon when Tao, Kris and Yixing started to work on their job. Minseok was watching the whole scene beside Yixing amusedly. Tao’s team was clearly not an amateur team. They worked perfectly clean and smooth. Minseok’s praising mind was interrupted by a sound of the car door opened.

“Now, where do I go?” Tao asked.

“Wait a second.” Yixing mumbled. He typed something on the laptop and a page of a blueprint popped up on the screen,

“Listen, Tao. You must climb the wall first. Can you see any ladder around you?”

“Uh…no. But, I can handle this.” Tao said.

They heard some tapping sounds and wooshes wind.

“I’m on it.”

“Did you climb it or something?” Yixing asked.

“Yep. The wall isn’t that high. It’s only 3 meters perhaps.”

He climbed 3 ing meters wall?! What is he?! A spiderman?!, Minseok screamed mentally.

“Okay, Tao. There will be a few of cameras there, so you have to duck down until I finish hacking it.” Yixing said.

“Okay.”

Yixing typed again something and two pages of video popped up. The pages were same. It made Minseok curious to see what would happen next. A blank black page popped again. Yixing typed unidentified codes in it. And it disappeared when Yixing pressed ‘enter’ button.

“Done. You can stand up.”

On one of the video pages, Tao appeared, slowly standing up.

“What did you do…?” Minseok asked curiously.

The dimpled man smiled, “This video right here.” Yixing pointed at the right video page, “is faked. This was taken a few days ago at the same time. And the other one is present time. I added the faked video into the security system so what the security guards see is the faked one.”

“Wow…I thought it was just only in film.” Minseok awed.

Kris chuckled lowly, “Just pretend that you watch a movie then.”

Minseok grinned and rested his chin on his hand to see the further action Tao’s team would do.

This is interesting.

 

-

 

“There’s a wall again in front of you, Tao. It has electricity stream on its sides. You can’t touch it except the upside of it.”

“So, what should I do?” Tao asked while looking at the wall in front of him. It was shorter that a previous wall but he was sure he would die if he touched it.

“Yixing prepared something in your back pack. Find the black box with wire in it.” Kris’ voice was heard from the wireless earphone on his left ear.

Tao put the back pack on the pavement in front of him and searched for the thing Kris had told him, carefully not touching his precious sniper.

“Got that.” Tao informed.

“Stick the wire carefully on the wall and set the number in the display into zero. After that, you have two minutes to climb the wall before the electricity runs again. Understood?”

“Two minutes?” Tao snorted, “I can do it less than a ing minute, Kris.”

“Stop being a cocky bastard and do it!” Kris growled, making the raven haired man chuckle.

“By the way, what about this device?” Tao asked while zipping his back pack and slinging it on one of his shoulders, “Don’t we have to destroy it?”

“Naaah, it’ll destroy itself in thirty seconds after the two minutes of using.” Yixing’s voice was heard. Tao chuckled at that, Yixing always prepared everything perfectly.

After sticking the wire on the wall and setting the number to zero, Tao climbed the wall easily, like what he had said, less than a minute. He looked down to the device, curiously waiting it to blow up. And it did. It was almost soundless but the device was then nowhere to be found. Tao grinned and walked on the upside of the wall easily, carefully not to touch his feet on the side of the wall.

After turning left, following the wall, he found a spacey place like a roof top. He cocked his head to left curiously.

“Really, roof top, Kris?” Tao asked.

“Shut up. There’s ventilation on your side. Get in it.”

Tao obeyed and kicked the wire from the ventilation so he could get into it. He crawled quietly. When he met two turns, Kris guided him to choose the left one. He stopped when Kris was telling him to.

“Well.” Tao sighed, “I really want to ask this. I never knew that CIA has something in China. Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t it connected to America only?”

“I don’t give a about that.” Kris said, Tao clearly could hear a shrug from Kris’ shoulder, “But, if they’re here, so there must be something about that and Park Chanyeol too.”

Tao pursed his lips, I hope there’s really nothing to do with that bao zi.

“Listen, Tao.” Kris’ voice interrupted his thought, “I’ll cut our connection now. Once you barge into the room below you, we can’t do any contact because the building was secured by wall to connect outside. Yixing hacked all security cameras so you can go anywhere easily. But, watch you will go, don’t be careless because someone might walk on you. Get it?”

“Yep.”

“So, Tao.” Kris sighed, “You may go. Be carefully, Brother.”

Tao smiled. He unplugged his earphone and threw it somewhere in the ventilation. He carefully opened the wire lid below him and slipped through it into the room below him. For Tao’s contentment, the room was empty. All things in the room were metal. It made a cold appearance even for Tao.

How can they work in this metal building?, Tao scrunched his face in disgust, It must be boring.

Suddenly, Tao heard a click from the metal door. He widened his eyes and hurriedly hid beside the metal table at the corner. He heard someone humming. He took a peek from the table and saw a man typing something on the computer across his table, back facing him.

Carefully, he approached the man and hit the man’s nape. The man fell down unconsciously. Tao saw the chained key cards flying from the man’s grasp so he caught it with his hand before it could land on the floor.

“B34, B78, C09, D, F709, R.” Tao read the tiny letters on each key. He carefully hid the man in the cabinet at the corner and closed the lid. And then he pulled out the tiny tablet from his back pack and started looking the blue print of the building Yixing had downloaded the day before.

B34 and B78 are common rooms for programmers.

C09 is room for weapon researches.

D is cafeteria. Wow, they got cafeteria.

F709 is weapons storage. Maybe I can steal some.

And R…

“What?” Tao mumbled, he scanned again the blueprint but he still couldn’t find the R section.

“I’m on A floor now. So, B floor is below. But, it’s just until J floor. How about R…?” Tao breathed, “…I can’t contact them.”

Tao bit lower lip, trying to figure out what he had to do next. Then an idea popped out from his brain. He opened the cabinet again and dragged the unconscious man out.

“He’s tall enough.” Tao nodded, measuring the man’s body.

Tao put all of his clothes until he was stark and put the man’s clothes on his own body. His previous clothes and his back pack were put on the ventilation. He just brought a twin guns on his lower back, hidden by the man’s jacket. He hid the man in the cabinet again and closed it. After changing, carefully Tao closed the ventilation lid. He got back down on his feet with a sigh.

“Well,” Tao huffed, “I’ve never disguised before. I’ve never used that sniper of mine that probably would be blown up in the end. I’ve just used that coat once. And it’ll be risky to work without gloves because my fingerprints could be left every where. But, it’s okay. It’s worthy to try, right?”

Of course no one answered.

“It’s ing right.” Tao sighed.

He checked the guns on his lower back once again, to make sure no one could see them. And then he pocketed the chained key cards in the front pocket of the jacket.

Tao convinced himself that he would be okay and sneaked out from the room carefully. He found a lift by the end of the corridor and entered it. But, he couldn’t find R button. He huffed angrily and got out from the lift again.

“Damn…I wished I could contact Kris or Yixing…” Tao sighed.

He wandered aimlessly until he found a staircase. Fixing his clothes, he walked confidently toward it. His hand was ready behind his back to grab his gun in case he needed it. Carefully, he went down, stepping on the stairs one by one. He didn’t find any harm so far. But, it didn’t mean he could let his guard down. After fifteen minutes of walking, he read the big red font on the metal wall in front of him.

F floor. The weapons storage.

And the staircase stopped there. He frowned disapprovingly. He clear didn’t find the R floor. With a heavy sigh, Tao pushed the door open. He was greeted by a long dark corridor. Hesitantly taking a first step, he was walking along the corridor. From the doors he was passing, he could see tons of weapons ready to be used. He had to admit that the storage was no joke. It provided the best weapons in the world. CIA was clearly no joke.

There was a door by the end of the corridor. Huge, and wooden. Tao frowned. Really? Wood? Tao had never seen any wooden thing since he stepped into the building. So, it was new. He carefully touched it with his hand. And then, he spotted a tiny slit on its side. He almost missed it if his finger didn’t feel it. The slit was tiny and Tao was sure the card key could fit. He d his pocket and brought out the chained key cards.

It was a bet. If the card didn’t fit, he might get caught because maybe the alarm would start sounding. If the card did fit, he could get into the R floor. Tao chose to go on. He carefully slipped the card into the slit.

Please, please, please, God, Buddha, Ganesha, Mahatma Gandhi, Elvis Presley or whoever you are up there, if you make this card fit, then I’ll help Yixing to wash the dishes everyday for a month, uh, no, too long, for two weeks.

Click!

“Yes!” Tao grinned, punching his fist in the air. He pushed the door and he was greeted by another corridor. Slowly, he pushed the door close behind him.

The corridor wasn’t too long with two doors each side. On the left one, Tao could read ‘Computer Room’ and the right one was ‘Files room’. Deciding to choose the right door, he pushed the door open and was greeted by many shelves. He stepped in and suddenly he heard a click behind his head.

“Well, well, well, it’s just a matter of time until you come here, Huang Zi Tao.”

Tao recognized the low deep voice. He ‘tch’-ed and said a name, “Park Chanyeol.”

“It’s an honor that you remember me.” Chanyeol chuckeld, “Now throw your guns and turn around. Don’t try to do anything funny or I’ll blow your ing head.”

Tao d the twin guns on his lower back and threw them somewhere in the room before turning his body to see face to face with the long lasting enemy.

“Good boy.” Chanyeol grinned, “Now put one of these around your wrist and cuff the other here.” Chanyeol pointed one of the shelves.

The raven haired male huffed and did it so his wrist was cuffed on the shelf.

“Excuse me, Tao, I have to get back to my work.” Chanyeol hung his gun on his hip and approached the shelf near them to look for files.

“What files are you looking for, huh?” Tao asked.

“It’s none of your business.”

Tao smirked, “I know the files have something to do with the missing ramen boy you’re currently working with, Kim Minseok, right?”

Chanyeol stiffened. He put the file on his hand back to the shelf and turned around slowly, “No, the thing I’m looking for is more important than that chubby boy.”

“Boy?” Tao laughed, “He’s ing older than us, you peanut brain.”

“Why the hell I have to think about that?” Chanyeol rolled his eyes and picked another file.

“Show some respect. He’s older.” Tao replied again with laugh.

Chanyeol ignored him. After a while, Chanyeol raised key shaped flash disk. He faced Tao and smirked, “Found it.”

…the hell…?

“Hey, Chanyeol, you coward, why don’t you let me go and we can hold a proper fight?” Tao grinned, “I know you’re craving to kill me.”

Chanyeol snorted, “I won’t waste my time for you. See you, Tao, if you’re still alive.”

And he walked toward the door.

 


 

i posted it faster than i thought because my friend, EnviousJealousy, was practically begging me to update whenever we met at campus. damn your pout, jan! i hate you! eh, no, i love you. hahaha.

 

silent readers, please comment and tell me your mind ;A;

and upvote upvote (if you want)!

thank you!!!!