!!

Exactly What I've Been Waiting For

The day was finally here. Away in the Church, Kim could hear the endless chatters outside her door. The jitters were making her tremble, but not in a bad way, in an amazing way. Her heart was pumping in her chest, and her fingers shaking with anticipation.

The bridal party was just past the adjoining doors and was laughing trying to figure out how to accessorize. But Kim was finished, admiring her glowing self in the mirror. Her hair was pinned up, with flowy, romantic tresses framing her face. The Spanish veil pooling down to the floor, and her lace strapless dress fitted her body. Not to sound conceited, but she knew she was the prettiest woman in the entire world at that particular moment. No one looked as good as she did, and she was proud to say it was her.

She slipped into her white ballet flats and couldn’t wait to be married. Today was their day, and she was going to enjoy every moment of it, starting with the ceremony.

Her mother entered the room and shut the door. Kim looked and smiled at her mom.

“Oh, sweetie, you look like an angel.”

“I know,”Kim’s laughed. “So is everybody ready?”

“Not just yet.”Lilly reached into her purse and took out a blue butterfly pin. “I’m not sure if this matches your look, but this is your father and mine’s gift to you.”

Kim recognized almost immediately. Being the hopeless romantic she was, she looked through her mother’s wedding treasure every year since she was 14. “Mom.”Her eyes shone with coming tears. “Of course it matches.”

“Your father gave it to me the day of our wedding, and I know he’d want you to wear it.”Lilly was careful not to tear her veil, and voila, it was finished. “You’re the most beautiful bride I know. Just don’t tell your sisters.”

“I’m ready.”Kim assured.

“Then let’s go.”She took her daughter’s hand and led her down to the entrance where she gave the nod to initiate the beginning.

She could see Gerald walk down the aisle with his mother and father who flew down a month before. Then there were the usual crew –Maja, Ejay, Rayver, Erich, Beauty, Empress, Enchong, Shaina, Mel and Matt. The flower girls, her little brother with the rings and then her sisters. Her mother and her stepfather also made it down the aisle.

The harpist strung the musical note, signaling it was the moment everyone’s been waiting for, and JP took his big sister’s arm and smiled. “You can still back out. I’ll give you the key to my car,”he joked.

Kim shook her head, “You’re giving me away whether you want to or not, little brother.”She smiled.

“Then let’s do it,”he gave her a quick peck on the cheek and they started their walk down the flowery aisle with Pachelbel’s Canon playing.

The moment she saw Gerald waiting for her in that gray suit, she was beginning to fall apart, but her smile never faltered. She laughed when Gerald touched the corner of his eye and mouthed “Hi.”

Kim stuck her tongue out in a playful manner and winked at him. All eyes were on her, and for the first time, she welcomed the attention.

JP and Kim arrived at the front of the altar and JP have another kiss to his big sister and gave her away to the one person he trusted his life to give his sister his all.

“Dearly beloved; we are gathered here today to join in the union of Christ, these two souls in love and holy matrimony. Let the Lord, our God, give them the wisdom and strength to be each other’s rock through thick and thin, and to love each other through whatever life throws at them. Gerald and Kimberly have chosen to write their own vows. So let us bear witness.”

Kim and Gerald turned to face each other, each holding onto their hands. With microphone, everybody hear Gerald’s shaky breath escape and a few laughs rippled through the room. “How I love you.”He started. “I’m not exactly sure what vows are supposed to sound like, but a vow is a promise, and is that which I give to you today. I’m yours.”He said. “And it didn’t just start today that I am yours, but it was since the first day I laid eyes on you. I didn’t know it then, but I loved you. I loved you then, I love you now, and I will always love you; because I’m yours. I promise to be there through whatever life throws at us. I promise to stay by your side through the good times and the bad, through the smiles and laughs and the times where we want to tear each other’s face off,”he chuckled. “But I promise to be the one thing that you can always count on. When times are rough and you feel like you can’t hold on anymore, I will be there to hold you tight and to tell you that you don’t have to be afraid. As long as we’re together, as long as we love each other, we can survive through anything and everything. You taught me how to love and how to be loved, and I promise to show you every day for the rest of my life and beyond forever. This love that we have doesn’t end when we die and pass on to our Father. It’s the kind of love that lives on, because you, my love, are my own. Today, I take you as my wife, as my best friend, as love, as my life. And from this day forward, until forever stops shining, I will be yours.”

Unlike her fiance, and moments-away-husband, Kim took hold of her vows from her sister behind her. "Gerald," she said. "When we were asked to start to writing our vows, I had no idea where to begin. I could promise to be your wife and love you all the days of our lives, but its sort of given since we're standing here today. And I could promise to honour and be loyal to you, but it all seems like a cliche that's been overdone so many times, that its in the definition of marriage. So I'm going to go one step further." She smiled, looking into his eyes. "I love you, Gerald Anderson. There's not enough words in the human language to describe what I feel when I'm with you. So as of today, and for the rest of tomorrows that we're going to share together, I promise to love you the way you love me, if not better," she joked. "When tragedy hits us, and knowing life, it will, I promise to be your rock through it all. I promise you that I will always love you through the seasons - through the heat of the summer, through the chill of the fall, the cold of the winter, and the budding flowers of the spring. I not only promise to love you, but that our love will get stronger. I promise that I will give you my all, and when I fail, to try my hardest to be the woman you married today. And when we are old and frail, and have our great, great grandchildren running around, I promise that I will love you just as I do today if not more. Today is the day that we not only join lives, but we join souls. It is no longer you or I, it is us. It is we, it is love and so much more. And its exactly what I've been waiting for my entire life." Her eyes glistened under the light and she bit her trembling lip.

They two of them let out a shaking breath each, and the rings were exchanged, the two of them were pronounced husband and wife and the priest asked Gerald to kiss his bride.

Applause erupted from the crowd and Gerald took his wife's hand and led her out to roaring of the crowd. And now it was party time.

The wedding party pranced into the reception to Bruno Mars, Marry You, and the bride and groom were announced soon after. Cheers and Roars and Laughter exploded as they walked hand in hand, Kim in her new white mini and Gerald with an open collared.

Hands raised, and Gerald spinning her in a circle, another classic hit hit the speakers, and Gerald stole the mic.

Kim was just as surprised as everybody else in the room.

But everything became clear as Gerald started:

 “Your eyes, your eyes make the stars look like they’re not shining.

Your hair, your hair falls perfectly without you’re trying.

Cause you’re so beautiful, and I tell you every day.

I know, I know when I complement you, you won’t believe me.

And it’s so, it’s so sad to think that you don’t see what I see

But every time you ask me, ‘do I look okay?’ You know I’ll say”

 

He grabbed her hand, pulled her against him and swayed side to side.

“When I see your face, there’s not a thing that I would change

Cause babe, you’re amazing, just the way you are.

When I see your smile, the whole world stops and stares for awhile

Cause babe, you’re amazing just the way you are.”

 

Another twirl and Kim couldn’t help but laugh.

“Your lips, your lips, I could kiss them all day if you let me.” He snatched a kiss on her cheek.

“Your laugh, your laugh, you hate it but I think it’s so y

You’re so beautiful, and I’ll tell you everyday.

You know, you know I’ll never ask you to change.

If perfect’s what you’re searching than just say the same.

So don’t even bother asking if you look okay

You know I’ll sayyy-ayyy-ay

When I see your face, there’s not a thing that I would change

Cause babe you’re amazing just the way you are.

When I see your smile, the whole world stops and stares for awhile

Cause babe you’re amazing just the way you are.

Baby you’re amazing just the way you are.”

 

He jumped up on stage and gazed at her,

“When I see your face, there’s not a thing that I would change

Cause girl you’re amazing just the way you are.

And when you smile; the whole world stops and stares for awhile

Baby, you’re amazing just the way you are.”

Everyone in the room cheered and applauded, and Kim stood absolutely speechless. “That’s for you, baby.” He winked at his new wife and jumped off the stage, like the true rockstar he was and laid a big one on her.

Her eyes welled up in tears and she hugged her husband.

The ceremony seemed like it only began when the wedding planners informed them that it was time to say their goodbyes and head for the airport.

Kim and Gerald walked up to the stage, and tapped their glasses to get everyone’s attention. “So, as we were told, it’s time to say goodbye and thank you to everybody until we get back from our month-long cruise. So, I would like to thank everybody here today for showing and enjoying themselves,” Kim smiled. “There’s a reason why you were invited, whether you had a hand in bringing the two of us together or keeping us together or just someone we love and has loved us and accepted. So we wanted to say thank you and we love you and we’re so happy to have shared this magnificent, best day of our lives with you.”

Gerald stole the microphone and laughed. “My wife has said it all. You know, we love you guys and we couldn’t have asked for a better day – I couldn’t have asked for a better day. I gained a wife and a whole new family, a bigger family. And so with that being said…”

“Wait.” Kim stopped him. “I actually have another announcement that nobody else in this rooms knows. It’s a secret that I’ve been keeping for a few weeks now, and tonight it perfect for surprises. Gerald, you gave me a surprise with our first song and dance as husband and wife, and I have a gift for you and everybody here.” She took a deep breath and met Gerald’s conscious eyes. “A few weeks ago I went for an annual check-up and I’m pregnant!” She yelled.

“What?!” Gerald’s eyes widened and once again, cheers blew from the room. “Are you joking?”

Kim shook her head, and he lifted her up in the sky and twirled her around. “Baby? Our baby? Whoo!!!!!!!!” He yelled, kissing his wife.

He turned back to the crowd and laughed. “I’m going to be a Daddy!” He cheered. “And now we need to go and celebrate!” He swept Kim up in his arms and intended to do just that as they got ready for a new chapter in their lives, not alone, but together as one.