The Hunt

Exactly What I've Been Waiting For

She got home and placed a bunch of newflowers on the dining room table. The new burst of colour immediately brought attention to the old ones within the house. Obviously its been awhile since she's brought flowers home.

Kim took off her jacket and put it in the closet, walked to the mantle where she had a photo of eher father, and grabbed the vase to the kitchen.

"He's coming today," she said aloud."It's been awhile since he did. The last time was when you were in the hospital." She usually had these little conversations with that photograph of her father. And she knew in her heart that he was listening. She could even predict his answers to some of her statements and questions.

"Maj and Shai think I'm crazy. And the truth is I am." She poured fresh water into the vase and transfered the new flowers. "Here's this guy who is smart, funny, amazingly good looking. He's sweet, genuine, brings gifts just for the sake of giving it, and after all this he's not pushy or interfering. He's giving me space when I need it, and gladly takes what I give without asking for more." She walked back to the living room and stood in front of her Dad's picture. "But I'm never going to know if this is what you want for me. Do you want me to get married now to a guy who I'm madly in love with, or do you think I should wait a bit longer? Do you think this guy is marriage material, or is it just a right-now kind of relationship and the sparks will eventually turn into smoke. Or do you think we're better off as just friends? And what happened if I openly give my heart to him and something happens. I've barely survived when I lost you. If something would've happened, I don't think I could ever come back from it." Kim sighed. "So maybe I'm just overthinking things as always. I know, I know, my mouth is faster than my brain's capacity to actually understand, but I don't have you to tell me what to do.

The clock caught her eye and she realized it was 6:09. "Crap!" She gave a quick kiss to her picture and could picture her Dad laughing 'you're leaving your old man to have with you boyfriend, aren't you?' He'd say.

"You're the only man who'd never leave me," she turned. "Love you! And never forget it!"

In her closet she went and tried to decipher what to wear. Would they get right into it? Or take it slow and have dinner together? "Screw it," she sighed and grabbed an off-the-shoulder shirt and some shorts.

Half and half, she thought. She was fully clothed which was acceptable for dinner, but left him drooling with all the exposed skin, especially the shorts, with mile-long legs.

She let her hair fall loose from her updo and pleased with the effect. Waterfall waves down to underneath her s. She applied lip gloss and a citrus body spray.

One last look at the time, 6:17. She frowned. Didn't they agree on 6:15? Never mind that, he's coming. Kim went over to the kitchen and looked inside the fridge.

Wine? Check. Beer? Check. Breakfast? Eggs, bacon, orange juice, coffee? Check, check, check. At least she didn't quit preparing for an overnight date. Which reminded her. Kim sprinted back to her bedroom and opened her nightstand. Condoms? Check.

She heard the front door open and smiled. Kim took a deep breath and walked back to the main room.

Gerald casually made his way into his kitchen and opened the chinese take out bags, placing the food around the counter.

Kim could tell he ran up the stairs, seeing his chest breathe up and down rapidly. But she had to applaud him for keeping his face composed.

He looked up and met her gaze. "Looks like I came on time."

His smile was amazing. "What's all this?" She asked, taking a seat in front of him. He looked so at home in her house, she noticed.

"Well," he said. "We didn't get to have dinner at my place, so I figured tonight we should." He looked around and smiled. “The place looks great,” he mentioned.

Kim followed his gaze. “You’re not the first one to tell me I’ve been neglecting my duties as a home owner. But I’m taking it one day at a time.”

Gerald nodded. “Have I told you you look beautiful?” He noticed she changed from what she wore awhile ago in his office. He leaned past the counter and met her lips with his. He pulled apart, and looked into her glazed eyes. “You do, you look amazing.”

She grabbed onto his collar and pulled him back.

They ate dinner in front of the fireplace. The lights were dimmed, and the only source of light came from the glow of the fire. They sat across from each other on the floor; her knee bent, and him resting his arm on it. “I don’t believe you,” he laughed.

Kim nodded. “It’s true. I opened the door to Ate’s room, and found her making out with my boyfriend. He was her age and they were in the same classes. I probably should’ve known that I was fooling myself. He was in his third year of college and I was still a senior. That night we got into a fight, and Dad had to pull us apart. She still has a scar from where I scratched her skin off. I was grounded for two months, and didn’t speak to Dad for it.”

“If I caught my brother making out with my girlfriend, I would’ve disowned him.”

“We didn’t speak for almost three months, until she caught him in bed with another girl. And because of it, Ate and I have been inseparable since.” Kim smiled.

Gerald caught her staring at her Dad’s picture on top. “You okay?” He her leg.

Kim looked down, “Yeah. I usually hate nights.” She admitted. “I haven’t been sleeping much lately. Last night was actually the first night I had a full night’s sleep.” She combed her hair back with her fingers. “I just keep waiting for days like this you know? The quiet, the calm. Mostly, it’s just been waiting for moments like these, where I could spend them with you.”

He touched the side of her face and pulled her into an embrace. Their foreheads touched as he caressed her neck. “I’m not going anywhere.” He whispered.

She nodded. They were words to heal a battered soul. Kim placed her glass down on her coffee table and stretched her hand out to him.

The corner if his lip turned up into a smile, and he gladly accepted her invitation. He let her lead the way to her bedroom.

There were unlit candles scattered around her room, and she opened up a drawer for matches. She was able to light three candles, before Gerald put his hands on her waist, and placed his lips over the exposed skin behind her shoulder, all the way up to her ear lobe.

Kim blew out the match, and reached up and behind to the back of his neck. The movement caused her shirt to rise, revealing her stomach. His hands reached around, touching her. She shivered with delight. Her eyes closed, allowing herself to feel the sensual touch of his hands branding her skin. His fingers slipped underneath her shirt, up her sides, back down, and then up again just over the scope of her s.

She turned around so she was facing him now. Before meeting his lips, she kissed the hollow of his throat, hearing him groan. Open-mouthed kisses all the way to his lips. Once again, his hands slipped under her shirt until she felt him undo the clasp of her bra.

His tongue plunged into , making love with . Kim undid his buttons, and touched the hard planes of his chest, meeting him for . He knew exactly how to blow her mind to pieces. He pulled her closer, until she felt him against the vee of her thighs. The wanting, desire was undeniable. But there was no rush to the finish line.

He pulled back for a second, just enough time to pull her shirt over her head, her bra followed, and took her back. Through mind-numbing kisses, he pushed her back towards the bed; picked her up, and laid her back down, crawling on top.

His hands sprawled everywhere, like he knew exactly where she wanted it, needed it the most. And she groaned when he touched her intimately between her legs. Her hands combed through his hair, and was glad he didn’t get that haircut. He started pulling her shorts and down her legs, and did the same with his trousers, adding them to the climbing pile on the floor.

Gerald kissed his way up from her stomach, between her s, along her neck and to her lips. She loved the way he touched her, made her feel. Kim pushed him back and under her, so she was now on top, straddling his thighs, doing the exact same thing as he did with her, touching, kissing everywhere.  He threaded his fingers through her hair, and pushed her up just to feel her lips on his.

They were sitting up, one arm around his shoulders, while the other at her side. She began grinding herself against him, but not enveloping him completely. He got the message though. With one swift motion, he pushed up and inside her. Kim moaned with gratitude. He held her with one hand behind her neck.

The two of them found their own pace together, keeping in time together. She kissed held on, biting her bottom lip to keep herself from screaming.

He held her tighter against him, feeling her muscles contract with every he did. Since she was on top, she was in control, which was exactly what he wanted. He wanted her to know that she could set the pace in their relationship too, and he was going to be there to support her throughout everything.

He was close, and she was too. She grabbed him tighter, digger her nails into his back, pressing herself against him. “Ge,” she breathed, holding her breath as her took her up and over, beyond anything she’s every felt.

The next morning, Kim woke up to a waken Gerald staring back at her, her back. She stirred before really opening her eyes, getting adjusted the sun spilling into her room. "Morning," she smiled, pushing herself closer to him.

"How'd you sleep?" He asked. He loved touching, especially last night. Feeling her against him, feeling her soft silky skin touching his. He loved making love to her, and last night was much more than he expected.

 It wasn't just that happened, it was a baring of one's soul, her soul. It was.a different level of intimacy.

"Amazing," she responded with a trail of kisses from below his collarbone, all the way to his stubbled cheek and finding those lips. Her hands below the sheet touched his hardened abs, then brushed to across his back, feeling his muscles. He really was male sculpted beauty.

He didn't sleep last night as he did. After making love, he couldn't. Not like that. He stayed beside her, keeping an eye on her, watching her, memorizing her.

Gerald noticed that she'd twitch her feet from side to side just before she fell asleep. He noticed that she liked pulling the sheets all the way up to ear, and that she was a side sleeper.

He noticed she didn't snore, but in the middle of the night, there were times when she'd breathe really loudly. Kim tossed and turned a couple of times, but the second he'd put a hand on her side, or pulled her next to him, or just simply brushed the hair away from her face, she'd stop moving.

There were moments where her eyes opened just little, just enough to see a sliver of her chestnut eyes, but she was still sound asleep. He watched as her lips would subtlely curve into a small smile, knowing she was dreaming of something pleasant; hoping and praying he was with her.

It was that night where he learned more about her than he ever did with anyone's he's ever loved. It was the night he knew that he didn't want to wake up alone anymore; he didn't want to wake up with anyone other than Kim.

"I love you." He sighed. "I just needed to say that. I love you so much"

Her eyes glazed over with tears, and she trailed her fingertips to his chest, just over his heart. It was beating fast, thumpthumpthump. It brought a smile to her lips. "Your hearts racing." She whispered.

He chuckled, as a flush appeared on his cheek. "I missed this," he said, taking his and intertwining their fingers, kissing the outside of her palm. "Waking up next to you. How about spending the entire day in bed? We can order in food, watch some old movies? Turn off our phones? Just the two of us."

It sounded tempting. Staying right here with him, falling more and more in love. "I'd love too. But I can't." She sat up, clutching the sheet against her chest. "And according to that clock, I am really late. Like three hours late. I need to go take a shower."

Before she could get up and head to the. Bathroom, he grabbed her hand and smiled at her. That smug smile he got when he knew he got her.

 Gerald pulled her back down, and kissed the back of her shoulder, open-mouthed kisses trailing up her neck. He pushed her hair to the other side of her head, and her skin, barely touching her, but enough to make her shiver.

His lips made their way back down to her shoulder, taking a tiny bite before away any hint of pain.

Kim's eyes, an unexpected moan escaping her lips. And just like that she was ready to go at it again. "I need to take a shower," the words barely making it out.

"Nuh uh,"he replied, putting his hands on her stomach. "Call in sick. Or don't. But you're not leaving."

She giggled, turning around and surrendering. She wrapped her arms around him neck and pushed him down, falling on top of him, taking his hands and bringing them exactly where she wanted. "Good thing about being my own boss," she sighed, kissing her way down his body and back up.

"What?" He said, trapping her in his embrace.

"I can't get fired doing exactly what I want to do."

He groaned when she touched him there.He grabbed her hands and shifted so he was now on top. "You have no idea what you do to me."

She smiled a wide smile, giggling as he pulled both her legs on either side of his waist, and bent his head, but not kissing her.

He continued teasing her like that, giving her a little, but then taking it back. He liked playing with her. Whenever he pushed, she pushed just as much.

But not this time. She wanted him, needed him. She cupped his face, and pulled him down, nipping on his bottom lip. He took that invitation willingly.

By the time they were ready to leave the house, which happened to be an hour and a half later, it was just hitting 12:30.

Gerald took the liberty of driving her to work, which meant that she needed him to go home, and they could end off the day just as it started.

He walked her to the front of the shop, placed her bag on her shoulder, cupped her face and kissed her just as he always did. "I hate that refused my plan of staying in. Now I'm forced to go to work and actually do something."

"Hey, I should be angry with you because the hours we spent in bed would've helped me get some work done for all event I have lined up."

"Who said what we did wasn't work? I think hurt my shoulder when you---"

Kim covered his mouth before he finish that sentence. "What happens in the bedroom stays in the bedroom," she warned.

"Please!" He scoffed. "The second I leave you, Monica and Erich are going to want details, and you're going to give them a run down of exactly what happened. Help my reputation in that sense though," he smirked. He took a step to the side and waved at the two ladies in the window. They waved back.

"Your cocky attitude disgusts me," she said.

He laughed. "You love it."

"And now I really need to get to work."

Gerald kissed the tip of her nose, and then her forehead. "I'll pick you up at 8." He called, walking to his car.

Kim nodded and entered the shop. Erich and Monica stood at the cash register in silence, but with those curious stares. "Hey," she said casually, it was nothing but casual. "Okay, you can stop looking at me with those judgy eyes."

"We're not judging you, per se. So last night?" Monica raised her eye brows smiling. "It was good? I mean, he was good?"

"Wait, last night? And the night before? Two nights in a row? Oh my gosh!" Erich squealed.

Kim laughed, "Let's just say...Gerald never disappoints, and I think he was trying punish me for making him wait too long." She raised her eyebrows at the both of them.

"So...on a scale from one to ten, how good was last night? Did car alarms go off in your neighbourhood?" Monica winked.

Erich gagged theatrically. "Barf much?" Erich walked to Kim and smiled. "So you and Gerald, huh?"

The phone rang and Monice picked it up. "Hello?" When she heard the voice on the receiver, she glanced over at a blooming Kim and walked to the backroom.

Kim shrugged. "I guess it was always me and Gerald, right? I'm just trying to move forward, and try to be happy now. And despite the thought in the back of my head that he kept that secret from me, Gerald made me happy, and he told me he loves me. And I love him too."

"I can tell. The way he looks at you, the way he kisses you, and the way you're blushing!" Erich laughed. "Aw, Kimmy's finally found what she's been looking for."

Monica emerged with her coat and purse on her shoulder. "I have some errands I need to run. Its for one of the big clients."

"What are you talking about? I didn't hear anything, no notifications." Kim said. "Is this payback for me coming in late? You decide to leave early?"

"Of course not. They're just some trivial requests by the Roscals, Kendells, and the Ramos'. You know, three hundred more roses, fifty more lillies, twenty-three of those purple orchid and cherry blossoms. I'll call you tonight. Bye."

Kim watched as she left, and looked over at Erich. "She's never happy to do errands."

"Maybe she wants an early bonus," Erich joked.

The day wore on. It was Thursday evening, and the showroom was beginning to rid itself of their products, which meant a successful day. Her legs were tired from standing, her hands stung from the thorns, and her eyes became weary. She couldn't wait for Gerald to pick her up and bring her home.

The clock chimed at 8:00 and she closed all the lights inside, flipped the sign and locked the door in front of her.

She turned around, and searched for Geralds's car among the line of cars along the side of road. Instead, she came across a black car with tinted windows and a chauffeur waiting. "Miss Chiu?"

A hesitant Kim nodded. "Yes?"

"Come with me, Mr Anderson said he was going to be late and asked for a car service to pick you up. I'll bring you to your destination."

Kim chuckled nervously. "Our destination was home."

His smile was friendly. "Mr Anderson had some other plans and will be meeting you accordingly. He gave me this to give to you. If you will take a seat."

She took the small envelope with her name in fancy letters. "'Expect the unexpected'?" She read. "So you can't tell me where we're going."

He opened the car door and smiled. "I've been given strict orders not to say anything."

Kim stepped in and chuckled, "You mean you've been given money not to say anything."

He laughed, "Yes."

The car service drove through the city lights. They weren't going in the direction of either their houses, which meant an outside date. Kim couldn't get over the fact that she wasn't dress for the occasion. She was in a blue blouse with a gray pencil skirt and her hair up in a low bun. If they were going out to some place special she wanted to look spectatcular for him.

They pulled up to a cottage-looking house, with twinkle lights and lanterns lighting the walk way. It was a beautiful neighbourhood filled with cozy homes, something she always dreamed of owning.

"He said you can wait inside. He'll arrive very shortly." The chauffeur instructed.

"I love surprises as much of anyone, but I'm not about to break in into someone's home."

"If it makes you feel any better, the door's open for you."

"Not exactly." She got out of the car and walked towards the porch, and turned the knob. The house was covered candles and arrows. She couldn't help but feel excited. "Ge?!" She called out, but no response.

Kim followed the red arrows with cautionary awareness. The arrows paused with a box. It said "OPEN ME!" She laughed, and opened it. There was tissue paper and a sticky note that read "DON'T BE AFRAID TO MAKE A MESS." Kim threw the tissue over her shoulder and found another envelope. ""Follow the yellow roses'". She looked on the ground and saw yellow roses pointing up the stairs.

She took off her shoes, and ran following the roses. Another box. Kim opened it and tore through it, her senses awakening. "Follow the red roses." Again, she did as the envelope said, chasing after something within reach.

It brought her to the masterbedroom, and she saw on the bed a note that read, "NOT YET." Kim laughed and followed the roses to the balcony where a dinner was set up. "A LITTLE FURTHER." The roses were leading up to another staircase, to the roof.

On the roof, she gasped. Planterns everywhere, flowers galore. And something else that didn't quite fit in. There was a plasma TV, and remote with a sticky that said "PLAY ME."

She ripped off the note, stuffed it in her pocket, grabbed the remote and pressed play. Another astonished gasp escaped her lips when her father appeared on the screen. Kim covered and bit her lip to stop her from crying.

"It's on?" William's eyes didn't reach the camera until a few seconds and when the cameraman gave him a signal to start. "Babygirl, how much do you want to bet you're crying right now?" He joked, his eyes teasing. "Well, go ahead because if you're watching this, it means I'm gone. But it doesn't mean I'm gone from here." He tapped his heart. "I made this after you found that and that terrible fight you had with the love of your life." That's when the tears started to fall.

William paused to catch his breath. "Baby, I remember when you were a little girl and we attended your Kuya Mark's girlfriend. After the ceremony you told me you couldn't wait for your day to finally come and me walk you down the aisle. You told me that you only wanted me to give you away, and when we'd walk down the street, you'd link your arms through mine and practice walking."

Kim nodded to the screen smiling. She remembered too. She was seven years old.

"And you're probably wondering why I'm saying this. I'm giving you away now." She saw her dad break into a sweat. "Babygirl, here's your last daddy-daughter talks. You always wanted a perfect romance, an epic romance? You got it. Gerald knew that my opinion mattered so much to you. He came to me and asked if one of these days, he wanted to marry you and become you husband, if he would have my blessing? I looked at him and laughed."

Kim laughed. It was very like her dad to make a joke.

"I knew he was in love with you long before the two of you started dating, honey.  The way he looked at you, he had more love in his eyes than most husbands. He would've died for you, sweetheart. He gave you his heart long before he bought you your first dinner together. Hell, since you believed in all of that, I thought you would have figured it all out before. But you didn't. Honey, he loves you. And because of that reason alone, I told him that if he didn't, than he was an idiot, a big one.” She couldn’t help when tears filled her eyes. “You always used to ask me how I knew your mother was the one. You want the truth? I just knew. There’s no sign. No splitting of the sky with heavenly angels singing. No brick falling on top of your head. You just know. You look into their eyes and you realize that there’s absolutely no one who could make you feel the same. There’s no other person you want in your life. That they’re the one you want by your side during the good and the bad. They’re the one you want to spend the rest of your life staring at. And it has been the best moment of a father’s life – of my life – to have watched you fall in love.” There was a brief pause. “How much I’m going to hate it that I can’t be the one to walk you down that aisle. To kiss your cheek and shake his hand. I’m going to miss the day you have your first child.” She could see her dad begin to shed a tear. “But I want you to do me a favor.” He tapped his heart. “Right here. I want you to hold me right here so everywhere you go, everything you do, we do together. Because I’m going to be on your side, cheering you on all the way. Sometimes when you’re sleeping you’ll know I’m there watching over you. Watching all of you. So be happy babygirl. Go and get your happy ending. You’ve waited long enough.” He blew a kiss, and the screen went blank.

After a few moments, there were words that appeared in bright red. “FOLLOW YOUR HEART,” which had a large arrow pointing out to another door. Kim wiped her eyes and walked out to find Gerald crouched down, fixing an arrangement of flowers on the floor.

He heard her footsteps and got up quickly, straightened and smiled at her beauty. “You’re right on time.”

Kim gasped. There were even more flowers than she could’ve imagined. Orchids, daisies, lilies, hydrangeas. She was in heaven.

“Now imagine – more flowers. We can have an assortment of pots and your flowers to fill them. Your studio could be right in that room, with glass everything so the sun could jus spill over you. It leads right down to the bedroom so you could just escape anytime.” Kim started making her way to him. “We can put in a guest bedroom, and the nursery would be right across the hall. My office would be in the basement, secluded from the rest of the house. We can even put in a game room, there’s plenty of room. Not only that, but we can have a gym in the shed outside. Oh, and you should see the backyard. Perfect for a garden, and a place to throw the best outdoor parties. The kitchen is huge!”

She shut him up by laying her lips over his. “Shut up,” she said against him. “Just shut up.”

“But -- ”

Kim shook her head. “I love you. I love you so much.”

He held her in his arms, breathing her in, molding his body against hers. “Is it weird that every time you say it, my heart beats faster and faster?”

Kim buried her face in the crook of his neck, and couldn’t help but have tears flood her cheeks, and moisten his flesh. She wrapped her arms around his waist, emotion overwhelming her. “I can’t believe you did this,” she murmured.

His cheek brushed the side of her face, and he loosely held her. “Babe, it’s not finished.” He whispered. “The surprise isn’t over.” He wrapped an arm around her shoulder, linking her fingers with his, and kissing the side of her face.

She walked with him inside the house willed herself to stay strong. But for sure, she was going to thank him for the best night of her life. He brought her back down the stairs.

“Damn, you really went at it,” he commented on the thrown tissue paper. He left her side for a second, opened the door to a closet and came back out. He had a nervous smile on his face.

Kim knew what he was going to do. She covered and shook her head, looking up to the smile. “Oh my God.”

He laughed. “Baby…” He shrugged. “You’re it.”

Her hands were shaking, her knees went wobbly. She wanted him to finish so she could sit down.

“Last night, I didn’t sleep a wink. All I could was stare at you. Stare at how beautiful you were – you are. All I wanted to do was memorize your face, the lines and the contours, And then I realized that I knew it already. I knew everything about your face. I love how you have a freckle on the left side of your nose. I love that you hate your chin, even though I love your chin. And how you wear purple contacts, even though you have the most amazing eyes I have ever seen.” He laughed. “And then I knew. You are the one I want to spend the rest of my life with. You are it. I don’t want to be alone anymore”

Kim touched his cheeks and smiled at him.

“I don’t want anybody on my side unless it’s you.” He reached into his pocket and took out the velvet box.

She could’ve sworn her heart stopped for the split second it took him to open the box. A loud, hard gasp escaped her when she saw the size of the ring. “Holy crap.”

“Marry me. Marry me, and I will promise to take care of you, love you and give you the world.” He slipped the ring on her finger and laughed.

She pulled him up and laid one on him hard. Kim linked her arms around his neck and jumped on him.

He grabbed her and supported her. She kissed him with such hunger, still breathless from everything that’s happened in less than an hour. She jumped down and hugged him, just as she did before.

“I’ll take that as a yes,” he laughed.

Kim nodded. “Yes, yes, a million times yes.”

“Whoo!” He cheered, raising his arms. “She said yes!” He cupped her face. “You said yes.”

She turned around and grabbed his hand, leading him up the stairs.

Gerald was impatient. The woman of his dreams, the woman of his life said yes not only to marry him, but to love him all the days of his life. He’s never felt so sure about anything in his life. He grabbed her around the waist, lifted her off the ground and sank his lips on her neck.

She laughed out loud, bending her knees and holding onto his for her life, which was exactly what she was doing. She was giving him her life, just as he intended to do the same.