Closing and....introducing?

Life is a game but this isn't

Her hands nervously twitched at her sides, beads of sweat trickled down her temple and she smacked her cracked lips trying to pretend didn’t feel as dry as it was.  Before her sat two of her greatest enemies both demons from the past, one the reason for her physical scars the other her emotional.  Equally dangerous and unnerving and together all instincts told her to run even if they were cuffed.  So why was she here?  Simple they called her in.  Not as a witness but each prisoner, rather the wardens liked it or not, got one phone call and request and theirs was the same.  So she was roused early in the morning by the phone call and after being assured several times that she could refuse curiosity and need for closure eventually won out. 

No one spoke as she shifted uncomfortably in the chair.  Out of the corner of her eyes she saw the two guards by the window outside shift waiting for the slightly sign of violence.  Hwan and Dae sat back almost comfortable despite their restraints as their beady hawk eyes picked apart every movement she made.  She tried her hardest to show no fear but a part of her wondered if it was even worth the effort.  After another minute stretched by she crossed her legs and laced her fingers together a firm frown on her lips.  “Are we just going to sit here or is there a purpose to me being here?”  Half a second later Sung-hee found herself in a fierce glaring contest with her father a slight feeling of satisfaction flowing through her when he looked away first.

The moment didn’t last long as Dae leaned forward chuckling.  “You’re the one that came here no one forced you babe.” 

Laughing to control herself she crossed her arms over her chest and shook her head.  “You’re the ones that called me.  I never would have come otherwise.”

“Again, no one forced you.”  Dae leaned back into his chair and glanced over at Hwan who was now shifting a little uncomfortably.  Sung-hee couldn’t determine if it was because he felt bad or he hated the fact a kid younger than him was taking the lead.  “Admit it you wanted to see us.”

Seeing the smirk on his face Sung-hee scoffed and rolled her eyes trying to keep her emotions in check.  “Don’t flatter yourself.”

“You know you wanted to even just to rub it in our faces that we’re stuck here.”

“Fine you want me to say it all then?”

Dae held out his arms in an ‘I don’t care’ manner and shrugged.  “Be my guest.”

To his surprise she turned to Hwan, “You know I actually have to thank you.”  Before Hwan could say anything she leaned forward on the table and pointed at him accusingly, “You taught me exactly what I shouldn’t do as a parent and made me appreciate what Hyo has done for me.  My brother is more of a father than you ever were.  There is a special part of Hell for people like you and I really hope you rot there.”  The words flew from with burning venom and so fast she almost stumbled over them.

“I was trying to make us a family again!”

Growling in frustration she slammed her hand against the table her eyes narrowing at Hwan.  “We were never a family get that through your head.  Even when mom was alive you weren’t part of our family.  You may have the same blood and features as us but you are not family.”  Finally it seemed that something clicked in Sung-hee’s head and she smiled genuinely, “And I’m not going to let you scare me from attachment anymore.”  She turned to Dae and glared, “You too.”

As expected Dae didn’t seem too phased by this in fact he only seemed more and more amused the longer their conversation went on.  For half a second she flashed back to before when she could talk with him so easily and he didn’t always have the snide tone and appearance.  She forced those thoughts back down just as quickly as they came.  “Oh?  Me?  Shouldn’t it be Lee you tell that to?  Oh right he’s dead.”

“Why can’t I be part of the family?  I’ll try harder.”

“Shut up I’m not talking to you right now.”  Turning her attention back to Dae she glared darkly.  She thought that hearing Lee’s name would bring back old emotions she had been forcing back but instead Sung-hee almost felt liberated.  Almost like she had to remind herself that he was in fact gone from her life for good.  “I stopped letting him bother me a long time ago stop trying to use old tricks I’ve grown past that.”

“Sure you have, you can’t change from immature Sung-hee in just a few months.” 

All attempts to not get offended were thrown out the window and she shot up from her chair hands clenched into fists at her side.  “A lot can change in a few months thank you, especially when the problem has disappeared.” 

For a second she saw in his eyes that he was actually surprised that she had lasted this long without breaking down like before.  She knew that he probably never expected her to get stronger.  “You know I have to say I almost like this Sung-hee better.”

Rolling her eyes Sung-hee shoved her hands in her pockets and turned to leave, “We’re done here I did what I came here for.”  Despite how angry Dae made her she actually felt like a huge weight had been lifted off her shoulders.  Stopping right before she grabbed the door’s handle she sighed, “Though…why did you help Lee anyway?  You didn’t give a damn about him after he got disowned.”  It had been a question she tried to figure out far too many times over the past few months when she had been left alone.

“Simple I had every intention of stealing you away from him.”  He shrugged as Sung-hee froze, “I think we both know I’m clearly the better option.” 

She wanted to have strength in her voice but the idea of going through the same thing with Dae was not only terrifying but it made her sick to her stomach.  “Liar you would have been worse.” 

He grinned relaxing in his chair once again his lips.  “That’s not what you said when we were alone.” 

Turning, she crossed her arms over her chest and glared darkly at him.  “You used my emotions against me.” 

Shaking his head he glanced over at Hwan who was nervously looking between the two trying to decide if he was going to say anything.  A firm glare from Dae shut him up for good and Sung-hee nearly rolled her eyes and disdain.  He’s got Hwan scared out of his mind not that that’s hard to do really.  “No love you reached out to me for comfort and I gave it to you.  Don’t you dare deny that you didn’t like it I still remember the way you moaned my name.” 

Flushing darkly in embarrassment she glanced over at her father who looked at her with judging eyes and for a moment she almost felt ashamed because of him, almost.  Moments like that she wished that she could go back in time and just erase the past.  “You just wanted a plaything.  You’re no better than he was you both tried your damndest to make my life hell.” 

Though he was laughing Sung-hee saw the anger in his eyes and in the way he laced his fingers together while placing his arms on the table.  “You let us make your life hell if you had just been a good girl and did as you were told none of this would have ever happened.”  Once again he was trying to belittle her using the same tone most people used with children.

Stomping back over, she slammed both her hands on the table and got right in Dae’s face not caring about the danger or the clearly on edge cops just outside.  “Not anymore I’m letting go of the past and for once thinking about my future.  You know that boy I was with?  Yeah I want to spend the rest of my life with him maybe travel the world have a kid or two and I bet that just eats you alive doesn’t it Dae?  Good.”  Turning back to her father she narrowed her eyes, “And you if I ever see you out of jail well I’ll just let your imagination come up with something.”  Before either of them could respond she her heel and stomped over to the door.

Flushing in outrage Dae stood and tried to walk over.  “Don’t walk away from me!”

“Sung-hee!” 

Turning she yelled, “Burn in hell!”  With a growl she slammed the door behind her and stomped out not even bothering to thank the officers or the rest of the staff as she left.  She didn’t calm down until she was a couple of blocks away from the jail.  Of course she was still upset but surprisingly she really just wanted to crawl into bed and sleep the day away. 

But as she made her way to the subway station to get her back home another desire took over completely.  Walking off to an area there weren’t that many people she dialed one of her favorite numbers quickly and impatiently tapped her foot while it rang. 

“Jagiya you’re up early.”

Just as she expected her mood instantly improved and a silly smile that clearly said ‘I’m in love’ came to her face as she laughed a little.  “Yeah I had to take care of some things but I was wondering if I could come over.”  Biting her lip she waited anxiously for his reply hoping that he wouldn’t be too busy getting ready for the concert that was quickly approaching.

“Hold on a second,” She heard a slight shuffling and she assumed he put the phone down as she heard a door close and then no more noise.  Less than a minute later he came back giving her no time to freak out over if she was going to get permission or not.  “He said it’s fine but jagiya could you do me a favor?” 

She grinned and rolled her eyes affectionately, he knew all too well that she couldn’t say no when he asked like that.  “Sure what do you need me to do?”  Knowing him he wants food or coffee.

“Can you please get me some coffee?  We’ve been here since five I feel like I’m gonna die!”  He dragged out die, whining a little and Sung-hee could imagine the pout on his lips.

“Aish you boys need to rest more you’re gonna worry me to death.”

“But we have to prepare an awesome stage for our A+ no time for rest!”

Giggling she shook her head in disbelief; she’d never understand how one minute he could sound so tired and then next so excited.  “I’ll pick you all up some coffee and I’ll be over soon okay?” 

“Thank you Sung-ah I love you!”  This time he used his voice getting a few giggles from Sung-hee.

“I love you too now get back to work you.”

“I will I will but now I’m too excited to see you so you’ll have to hurry.”

“Don’t worry I’ll be there soon.”  After a quick goodbye she hung up her mood considerably better as she bought her ticket back to the more familiar area of Seoul.  But, as usual with her, the longer she sat on the subway the worse her mood became.  She couldn’t stop replaying what happened in her head, while she was proud of herself, she felt like she wouldn’t truly get closure until they were convicted.  That could take months even years if they managed to get a good enough lawyer.

Even when she ordered the coffee for all the MBLAQ members she couldn’t even pretend her mood was good.  However, she was rather proud of herself for remembering all their orders though only G.O and Thunder really had difficult orders.  People will think I’m some errand girl.  She laughed at that thought almost dropping the tray of coffee she had.  She remembered when she used to run errands like this at the old café she worked at.  A part of her wondered how they were doing but another was still too hurt to actually want to go back and see any of them.  She’d sooner go back to that old maid place and all the people she couldn’t stand than go back there. 

Balancing the coffee in one hand she swore that the walk from the coffee shop was ten times longer than what it normally was.  Grumbling to the tray about how stupid it was she ignored all the weird looks around her and finally made it to the building still grumbling to the tray about how evil it was.  Not really paying attention to her surrounds she focused on getting to the recording studio and ended up bumping into someone.

“Hey!”

“Sorry.”  She mumbled after regaining control of her tray and bowed a little before turning and tried to continue walking only to have someone grab her elbow.  Turning with a slightly raised brow she found a girl, about her height with long, straight black hair with red highlights, wide eyes and a smile that made Sung-hee a little nervous.  “I’m sorry.”  She repeated a little more formally not sure what the age of the girl was.

“No it’s fine,” she let go of Sung-hee’s arm, “I just wanted to introduce myself, I’m Rena.  I just transferred over about a week ago.  You’re Cheon doong’s girlfriend right?”

Suspiciously Sung-hee looked at Rena not sure if she should label her as a threat or not.  All instinct told her to establish dominance but the sweet smile on Rena’s face gave her no reason to be nasty.  With a small nod of her head Sung-hee put on a smile.  “It’s nice to meet you Rena and yes I am.  Why?”  The voice Sung-hee used was far too sugary and she watched as Rena’s expression darkened just a bit bringing up Sung-hee’s suspicion level. 

“Just wondering,” With another smile she started to turn and leave, “Doong-ah and the others are in the recording studio.”  Before Sung-hee could respond she turned to headed towards one of the dance studios, humming quietly to herself.

Blinking a few times in surprise Sung-hee had half a mind to go into protective girlfriend mode on Rena but managed to shake it off and headed for the recording studio.  As soon as she opened the door Thunder was up and taking the tray of coffee from her.  “Thank you jagyia you’re the best.”  A simple kiss on the cheek destroyed her bad mood and she smiled returning the kiss before handing Mir and G.O both their coffee Dae, Hwan and that Rena girl completely out of her mind.