Just like old times

Life is a game but this isn't

The smell of ramen cooking woke Sung-hee up from her rather pleasant sleep thought she forgot for a moment where she was and why there was someone else in her home.  Until she saw the current state of her bedroom that is.  Blushing furiously she wrapped the blanket on the floor around her and shuffled over to the stairs to see Thunder standing over the stove preparing the ramen with two bowls already next to the pot.  A soft smile spread on her face as she got dressed in an oversized t-shirt and a pair of shorts before she tried to sneak up on him. 

“You’re not very sneaky when you’re humming the mission impossible theme.”  She stopped her sneaking and pretended to be surprised when Thunder turned around with a smile on his face holding a pair of chopsticks in one hand and a pot holder in the other. 

Rubbing the back of her head Sung-hee walked the rest of the way over a sheepish grin on her face.  “I could have sworn I wasn’t doing that out loud.”  Thunder just smiled and wrapped his free arm around her shoulder pulling her close to his side.  She could smell the faint scent of strawberries and watermelon indicating that he had used her shower.  Not that she minded that but she did feel a little bad for sleeping in so late and leaving him with nothing to do.  Actually Sung-hee was a little bit surprised that he hadn’t been forced to go to a schedule yet.  Especially when she looked over at the clock and saw that it was nearly eleven am usually by then he had already gone through several hours of dance practice.  “Doongie, not that I’m complaining but don’t you have schedules to go to?”

Smiling Thunder poured the ramen into the bowls in equal amounts and handed Sung-hee’s to her.  “Manger-hyung said that we don’t have any schedules until our photo shoot at ten.  He does want us to practice but Seung Ho told me he’d call when they were leaving.” 

Nodding Sung-hee grabbed her favorite pair of chopsticks and she was about to head for the couch but Thunder pulled her back quickly.  “Wha-” Before she could even ask he kissed her gently the back of his hand gently brushing her lightly bruised cheek.  She nearly dropped her bowl but managed to regain her composure as she kissed him back deepening the kiss.  He took the bowl from her hands and placed it back on the counter without breaking this kiss pulling her closer as soon as the container was out of the way.  Though he was careful not to agitate her injuries one arm s around her waist while the hand on her cheek moved down to brush over the sensitive areas of her neck he discovered last night.  The kiss wasn’t heated yet he instantly made Sung-hee’s mind go fuzzy as she tried to pull him closer. 

Then, suddenly, he pulled away smirked down at her dazed expression, lightly kissed her forehead and grabbed his bowl and chopsticks before heading to the couch with a satisfied smirk on his face.  Sung-hee leaned against the counter in shock trying to wrap her mind around what just happened.  Blinking a few times she finally snapped out of it and grabbed her bowl while pointing her chopsticks at Thunder accusingly.  “Yah!  Where did this come from?  Not fair.” 

With a smile Thunder shrugged and stirred his noodles around.  “I have no idea what you’re talking about.”  Pouting she took a seat next to him muttering under her breath about how he had been holding out on her.  The pair ate in a comfortable silence savoring the company that didn’t come as often as either would like.  A part of her wanted to talk about what happened last night and how sorry she was about everything but the mood was just too light and airy to let something like that drag it down.  I’ll have to talk to him about it later I guess.  Question is when will there be a chance to?

Less than a minute after the pair finished eating Seung Ho called informing Thunder they were at the studio and he would pick him up if he wanted.  Glancing over at Sung-hee he saw her expression fall into a frown as she cleaned up.  “Sung-ah!”  He used his cutest voice while wrapping his arm around her waist and rested his chin on the top of her head.  “Do you want to go to the studio with me today?”  Instantly Sung-hee brightened up and turned around in his arms a wide smile on her face.

“Can I?

Just as Thunder was about to answer Seung Ho asked him to be put on speaker phone, “Even if you didn’t want to come I would have dragged you G.O especially wants to see you.”

Though she knew that the reason for it wasn’t all that funny Sung-hee couldn’t help but laugh at his slightly demanding tone.  He wouldn’t admit it out right that he had been just as worried as the others but Sung-hee had gotten really good at telling when he was trying to convey something without words.  “So you better be ready to go in twenty minutes and don’t forget you owe us some pancakes as well so be prepared to make those.”

“Hey I never said-” She was met with the dial tone and puffed up her cheeks while she looked up at Thunder.  “He hung up!  Your leader is so mean.” 

Laughing Thunder pushed her cheeks in.  “That may be but you deemed his brother number two so you have to love him.  Go get ready I’ll clean this up for you.”  Gently he nudged her over to the bathroom ignoring her continued rant about Seung Ho hanging up on her. 

By the time she got out of the shower though excitement over seeing the others had taken over her annoyance.  Normally she would have worn a pair of shorts and a t-shirt because of how hot it was outside Sung-hee didn’t really want to advertise her injuries especially if they ended up walking around somewhere.  So instead she wore a pair of loose blue jeans and a red three-quarter length shirt just long enough to hide her cuts.

Exactly twenty minutes later the two walked out hand in hand to find Seung Ho about to get out of the van.  Spotting the two he held out his arms for a hug that of course Sung-hee didn’t turn down.  Though he brushed her rib the wrong way she made certain to not react to it knowing that the others had worried enough the past few days.  All too quickly he ushered the two into the van and they were off to the dance studio where the others were waiting.  Sung-hee expected the ride to be relatively quiet but instead Seung Ho spent the entire time trying to figure out what they did last night.  Usually it wouldn’t be a problem but neither could keep the flustered blush off their face while responding.  Oh god as long as they don’t talk about it when I’m around I’ll be happy.  Wait Mir too I don’t want my dongsaeng’s ears tainted by that. 

Seung Ho finally stopped poking fun at Thunder once they reached the dance studio though the look in his eye promised a continuation later.  I’m not sure what will be more erse girl talk with Delphine or boy talk.  Before Sung-hee could even get through the door of the studio they were practicing in she was swept up by a pair of muscular arms twirling her around happily.  “You’re spending the day with us today right?”

“Yes Joon, put me down!”  She squealed happily a grin on her face.  Usually she would have at least pretended to be angry with him but after yesterday being able to see her extended family made her far too happy to even fake being upset. 

He stopped twirling and up at her with expectant eyes.  “You promise to make pancakes in celebration of us making our comeback soon?”

Laughing she rolled her eyes but nodded, “Well you know me I’m always up for early celebration.”  As expected he let her down but gave her one more squeeze before letting go.  Mir of course was just as excited and to see her and with the promise of pancakes.  For a moment Sung-hee fawned over his new, short hair complimenting that all the girls were going to be lining up.  Though they would have to be screened by her to make sure they were worthy of her favorite dongsaeng. 

“Yah!  You come to visit and you don’t even say hello to your appa?  What kind of blasphemy is this?”  Sung-hee turned to find G.O standing nearby with his hands on his hips while giving Sung-hee the stink eye.  Though she should have been afraid Sung-hee chuckled lightly and walked over to give him the tightest hug she could.  “I’m so glad you’re safe now.”  He whispered making her smile falter for half a second before she regained her composure and hugged him tighter.

“I promise no more surprises.”

Pulling back he smiled a little bit, “Unless they’re birthday surprises then they’re acceptable.” 

“Oh but you know I’m terrible with birthday surprises remember Delphine’s?”  Sung-hee took note of Seung Ho suddenly becoming very interested in the conversation as soon as Delphine’s name was mentioned.  She was more determined than ever to get the two alone together even if it killed her.

“Okay you’re just not allowed to plan surprise parties surprise presents are allowed though.”  G.O reasoned with a smile but Sung-hee just laughed at him not understanding the logic at all.

“But shouldn’t presents be a surprise anyway?”  G.O looked behind her to Mir who was now whistling innocently and looking at the wall and soon Joon, Seung Ho and Thunder were looking at him with wolfish grins.  It was no secret among the MBLAQ family that Mir was notorious for hunting around for his birthday presents.  He got away with it for their first year together but Seung Ho caught him in the act the second time and it had turned into a game of sorts for the boys.  “I shouldn’t even ask anymore should I?”  There was a nod of agreement from all the boys. 

About ten minutes later their choreographer came in and they got to work on the Mona Lisa choreography.  Sung-hee had to focus to not freak out knowing that she was getting to hear the song before the audio was released and watch the dance.  For a second she almost texted Delphine to ask her if she wanted to come but while she was certain that Seung Ho would like that the choreographer as it was wasn’t too pleased with her there.  So she wasn’t sure if someone that wasn’t the girlfriend of a member would be allowed in.  Ha she will be his girlfriend eventually I’m an awesome match maker!  Actually she had never tried getting people together before so she had already decided to get help from Thunder.

They didn’t take a break until around two for lunch, spicy Mexicana chicken, and they ate all seven boxes that were ordered.  Even Sung-hee ate all of hers much to the surprise of the boys but Mir quickly grew proud of his noona and they took a picture to celebrate.  She did comment however that she felt like she needed to run about ten miles to work off all the food she ate which incited quite a bit of laughter and a few rounds of jokes. 

Dance practice went on until around four and vocal practice lasted about two hours after that.  Finally around seven everyone tiredly found their way back into the dorm.  Sung-hee of course was perfectly awake and already knew the perfect remedy for their fatigue.  Humming to herself she headed straight for the cupboards of the kitchen scanning for the needed ingredients.  Upon spotting no flour or chocolate chips she pouted.  “You guys are out of flour and chocolate chips!”  She headed back into the living room with her hands on her hips feigning disappointment.  “How am I supposed to make my pancakes if you guys don’t even have the ingredients?”  At the mention of pancakes they all perked up as she expected.  “I’ll be back soon.” 

She grabbed her phone and purse and just as she reached the door Seung Ho asked her to bring Mir with her.  Turning, she nearly laughed at Mir’s confused gaze when he asked why and Seung Ho explained that it was adult stuff.  With her protective side taking over she rushed over and grabbed Mir’s hand dragging him up.  “No you are not tainting my baby!”  Quickly dragging him out the door she heard the other boys laughing behind them.

“Noona what was that all about?” 

Blinking a bit at Mir’s innocence she tried to find a proper way to explain what happened.  After a few seconds she chuckled and linked arms with him.  “Nothing to worry about Mir-ah.  Now let’s go get the flour and chocolate chips so we can have the pancakes ready.” 

They chatted lightly until they got to a store about two blocks away where Sung-hee knew there would be flour and chocolate chips having gone there several times before when she was working for the boys.  There weren’t as many people in the small shop since it was out of the way but that was one of the things Sung-hee liked about it.  “You know we missed you a lot noona.”  She turned surprised at Mir’s sudden seriousness.  “All of us hate that we can’t be normal friends with you and Delphine especially Cheon doong hyung.  Just remember noona that no matter what happens you’re the most important thing to hyung.”

“What brings this up Mir?”  He shifted uncomfortably while putting a pack of flour into the basket that Sung-hee was carrying and headed to where the chocolate chips were.  “Mir?”  She reached out and grabbed his arm concern marring her features.  “You’re freaking me out just tell me what’s up.”

“Well it’s just that the company wants to bring in female trainees this year and saw a few on their audition tape were-” 

Sung-hee gave Mir a brief hug and shook her head.  “I get what you’re saying but I trust Doongie I can’t promise that I won’t get mad but don’t worry I do trust him.”  After grabbing the bag of chocolate chips she rubbed his head playfully, getting a grin out of the younger boy.  “Those girls on the other hand I don’t trust but they’re not making me go anywhere I promise.”  Instantly Mir held up his pinky finger demanding she sealed the deal.  Smiling affectionately she linked pinkies with him.  “I swear I missed you boys so much.”

“You’ll be able to visit more now though right noona?  With you being a full time artist now?”

“Yup, which means more pancakes for you guys.”  She nudged him playfully before turning and greeted the cashier who smiled at her before noticing Mir and a blush rose on her cheeks.   Yup that’s right my baby is all grown up and a looker.  Before Mir could start flirting though Sung-hee handed the correct amount of money and checked them out quickly.  She wasn’t sure if it was her being protective of him or she didn’t want to raise a girl’s hopes that something would happen.  Probably a bit of both. 

At first they walked at a slow pace conversing lightly about MBLAQ’s comeback and Sung-hee’s move to a full time artist.  Basically catching up on everything they had missed out over the past few weeks not being able to talk too much.  Once they got to the building though the hyperactive side of Mir reappeared and he practically dragged Sung-hee back to the dorm excitement oozing out of him.  She, of course, was laughing the entire time until they reached the dorm.  Shifting the bag to her other hand she punched in the passcode for the dorm.  “Geez promise you guys pancakes and you all get more energy than a five year old at Disney World.”  She teased as he held the door open for her.

“Anything for pancakes.”  He stated simply with a shrug. 

“Hello!”  The others chimed turning from their spots on the floor to look over and smile at the two with a knowing look in their eyes as they looked at Sung-hee.  She forced the blush down and stuck her tongue out at them making them all snicker. 

“Hey yourselves.”  She poked Mir’s side as he walked by to join his hyungs in the living area of sorts.  “Oh, that’s fine; leave me to feel like a mom while I make you all food.  I expect full payment in hugs by the way.”  With that she turned and headed for the kitchen not expecting to be surrounded in a group hug.  She would have said she was just kidding but she didn’t want the hug to end.  In that moment she felt the most at home in the dorm ever and she realized just how much she needed each and every one of them in her lives.  Seung Ho for his calm and helpful advice, G.O’s relentless but sweet nagging and hugs Joon’s ability to be one of her confidents, Mir for being the best dongsaeng ever and Thunder of course the love of her life.  Along with Delphine and Hyo she knew that without them she’d never be able to function.  They were her family and Sung-hee wanted it no other way.