Chapter 9

Introduction to Maknae Comrade

“Maknae, sit down!” two voices boomed from the door.  “Nobody get out of the dorm.”  Kris and Bang Yongguk stood side by side.  ‘Bad combination’ Baekhyun thought.  He glanced at D.O and mouthed ‘What did they do now?’  His fellow vocalist shook his head and looked worriedly at the four maknaes.

 

------

 

EXO’s Beagles Line, Baekhyun, Chen and Chanyeol with Daehyun, Youngjae and Jongup sat quietly in the kitchen, listening to the three leaders’ lecture to their maknaes.  Apparently, Zelo pranked his own leader under the guidance of the three EXO maknaes.  Baekhyun looked at Daehyun while raising his left eyebrow in exchange of some sort of confirmation about it.  Daehyun nodded solemly.

The prank was not harmful in physical form but mentally for Yongguk and the rest of B.A.P members.  Zelo praised Kris in every way and compared him to his own leader to make Yongguk upset, while in fact today was actually the first time Zelo interacted or met Kris officially, not counting the brief greeting on broadcast station.

After the lecture, Baekhyun noted the maknaes were quite.  Baekhyun thought maybe the boys already learned their lesson. But that thought was quickly flew away after Kai received a call from Taemin.

"Yah, Kim Jongin! I told you to come quick, didn't I? Why haven't you come yet? The Drill ..." There was a rustle and a muffled sound from Taemin, "Yah, Jiyeon-ah that's my phone" Even though Kai couldn't see it but he knew that T-ara Jiyeon was glaring at Taemin.

"Ah, is this Kai-ssi?” a sweet voice greeted him.  “Ah, ... ah ye .. yes, sun ... sunbaenim” Kai stuttered.  The word of sunbaenim alerted Tao, Sehun and Zelo.  Zelo grabbed Sehun’s arm in fear while Sehun was holding Tao’s arm tightly. 

Yongguk looked curiously at his maknae.  He glanced at his fellow leader, Kris and Suho who were raising their eyebrows.  The three of them exchanged a quick glance at each other with concern.  ‘Who make  their fearless maknaes so afraid?’

"We are still at my dorm. Yes, with all my members, Zelo and s" Kai looked around, to his fellow maknae, the three leaders and the other EXO members who finally came out from their hiding places.  “Ah, ah yes sunbaenim, I’ll put you on speaker”

 

“Ah, annyong haseyo this is T-ara’s Jiyeon” the sweet voice was heard after the speaker was on.  All of them answered in unison, “Annyong haseyo, sunbaenim!!!”  “Oh my you’re loud” she said.  Giggles was heard in the background which turn into full blown laughter. 

“Unnie, I think you’re scaring them”

“Isn’t it the other way around? They are practically screaming at her”

“We can prank their maknaes as punishment though”

“We can’t prank our own comrade, remember”

“But we can prank their other members, right?”

“Oh, that’ll do”

“Yeah!!! Prank time again!!!”

The other maknaes’ voices were heard through the speaker.  Kai looked at his elder members curiously.  Xiumin and Luhan frowned while Baekhyun and Chen raised their eyebrows at the same time.

“Ah, don’t worry I’ll just tell Hyosung-unnie to smack Yongguk, once or twice”

“Can Vic-umma do that to Kris-oppa and Suho-oppa also?”

"According to Onew-hyung, she does that all the time with Taeyeon-noona and Gyuri-noona" All eyes turned to Kris, Suho and Yongguk.  Kris pinched his nose bridge, mumbling something the other can’t hear.  

“Hayoung-ah! Don’t eat that”

“Oppa, I’m hungry”

“Don’t give me that puppy look”

“Oppaaaaa ...”

“Geez, Dongwoon-oppa just give her that and she’ll be out of your hair"

“Guys, can you be quite? I’m still on the phone here”

“Oh, damn! Are they able to hear us?”

“Well, duh!”

“They’re still going to be fined if they’re not come in 30 minutes, right?”

"Tell them to bring food in exchange of the fine"

"Chansung-oppa, you can't do that! Now everyone will ask to bring food instead of being fined"

"Only this time. Only once"

"Chansung-oppa, you are hungry, aren't you?” Chanyeol could clearly imagined Jiyeon were rolling her eyes when she said that.

 

"Hello, Kai-ssi are you still there?"

"Yes, sunbaenim"

"You already heard what others had said, right?

"Yes, sunbaenim"

"So come right now and bring food"

"What kind of food?"

"Anything! Everything!"

"Even if they bring an oliphaunt, I'm sure I'll be able to eat it.  I’m soooo hungry" Kai heard Hayoung's voice in the background.

"Well, you heard the Indian Princess. Bring an oliphaunt for her. Whatever that is" with that Jiyeon hang up.

 

"What is an oliphaunt?" Zelo asked. His face was puzzled.  Sehun, Tao and Kai shook their heads.  Kai looked at his two leaders who also shook their heads.  The other members also murmured their lack of knowledge about the thing Hayoung had asked.

 

"It is a giant elephant" Baekhyun suddenly said.  Chen and Chanyeol looked at him weirdly.  D.O looked sceptic, "There's no such thing as giant elephant, Baekhyun.  Did you hit your pretty head somewhere?" 

 

Baekhyun sighed, "Of course there's no such thing.  It is exist only in Tolkien legendarium" Several confuse faces stared at him.  Baekhyun rolled his eyes, "The Lord of The Rings" Blank faces still looked at him, Baekhyun sighed “Gollum, The Lord of The Rings The Return of The Kings. The war scene on the third movie?”

"Ah, I remember now” Daehyun said. “That giant elephant killed by Legolas” he looked at Baekhyun curiously “How do you even remember its name?"  Before Baekhyun could answered, he was cut by Chanyeol loud voice, “Why are you bringing the fruits? I just bought those last night” D.O and Baekhyun looked at each other and walked toward the kitchen.  Kai was putting all the fruits in the bag while Tao raid the refrigerator and took several boxes of ice creams and yoghurt.  "Hey!!" Kai and Tao ignored Chanyeol's protest.

 

"You want what?" Kris and Yongguk's voices thundered from the living room. "Money to buy food for the comrade" Sehun said.  "Why should we spend money for your friends?" Suho asked. Sehun gave him a look that stated it was obvious but the older boy didn't understand it.  "Well, you are the reason why we are late for the meeting.  If you let us go before, we will get there on time, and they will not demand us to bring them food" Sehun held out his palm in front of Suho and Kris while Zelo to Yongguk.

The three leaders were reluctant to comply to their maknae request until Himchan, who had been quite since the first time B.A.P arrived in EXO dorm, spoke.  “Well, they do have a point there.  You are the one who delayed them so it’s only fair if you pay their so-called fine by buying those idols food.”  Yongguk glared at his friend.  Suho sighed, opened his wallet and gave money to Sehun.  He elbowed Kris to do the same.  Kris stared down Sehun then at Kai and Tao, “Just don’t make this as a habbit” then he gave money to Sehun. 

In contrast to Yongguk and Zelo, it was Zelo who stared down at Yongguk.  Yongguk mumbled something incoherent and gave money to Zelo.  Then he looked at Himchan, "You give him your money too." Himchan shook his head and said, "Nope. I'm not giving my money because 1) I'm not the one who delayed the maknaes; 2) You are the leader, it's leader responsibility to take care their members welfare, safety and happiness and that including giving them money to treat their friends for food."  After Himchan finished his words, the other B.A.P members who quietly sitting with Chen let out a cheer.  Yongguk turned to glared which shut them up but they were still grinning widely.

 

-------------------

 

“We’re sorry for being late” Kai, tao, Sehun and Zelo bowed, “Here is the food.  It’s not much, sorry.”

“Apologies accepted!!!” all maknaes in the room scream at once, making Kai jumped in surprise. 

“Food!!! Where’s food?”

“I’m starving”

“Ice cream!!!!”

"Tteokbeokki!!!"

"Yay!!!"

“Where? Gimme gimme!!!”

‘These people looked like they haven’t eat for months’ Kai thought.  He still held one plastic bag and walked to Chansung.  “Uhmm ... Chansung-hyung, these bananas are for you” Kai shyly gave the older his favorite.  Chansung was stunned at his action. “Thank you, kid” Chansung said while ruffling Kai’s hair.  The EXO’s main dancer blushed.  “Oh how toughtful of you, Kai-ssi.  You even bring Chansung-oppa’s favorite” Jiyeon said.  Kai’s face looked even more red.

When he turned around, Kai met the mischievous faces of Taemin, Sulli and Krystal.  Kai ignored the three and walked straight to the sofa he always sat whenever he came to Comrade Meeting. "Oh how thoughtful of you, Kai-ssi" Krystal imitated the way Jiyeon speak.  Sulli giggled at this.  Taemin opened his mouth to say something but Kai cut him off, “Shut up, Taemin.”  Taemin grinned, “I’m not even try to say anything.”  Kai narrowed his eyes at his bestfriend who still grinning with Krystal and Sulli. 

“So where is the oliphaunt?” suddenly someone asked.  Everyone turned from Kai, Tao, Sehun and Zelo then to Hayoung who was busy eating tteobbeokki.  Dongwoon nudged the younger girl.  She stopped eating and realized that everyone were staring at her.  “What?”

Jiyeon pointed her thumb at where Kai and the rest were sitting, “They didn’t bring what you asked them to bring.”  Hayoung raised her eyebrows and looked at Kai in confusion.  “You asked for an oliphaunt, Hayoung-ssi.”

“Huh? I did?” Hayoung lookes surprised.  “But ... there’s no such thing as an oliphaunt.”  Sehun grumbled, “Yeah we figured that out.”  Kai added, “Thanks to Baekhyun-hyung.”  Hayoung’s eyes widen, “He knows what an oliphaunt is?” Kai nodded.  “Wow, he is such a cool person, he knows what oliphaunt is”  Hayoung’s eyes sparkled.  Sehun rolled his eyes.

 

“What exactly is an oliphaunt?” Jiyeon, Sulli, Krystal and Jiyoung asked at the same time.

“A giant elephant” Hayoung, Kai, Tao, Sehun and Zelo answered in unison.