Chapter 3

Introduction to Maknae Comrade

 

 

 

 

Hyeri stood in front of a large black gates while Sojin, Yura and Minah stood behind her. "Are you sure about this, Hyeri-yah?" Yura asked.  Hyeri rolled her eyes.  She lost count on how many times her unnies, Sojin and Yura, ask her about it.  She was lucky Minah didn’t join in.  Minah was very supportive of her decision to join and come to her first meeting of Maknae Comrade.

 

"Yes, unnie. I'm pretty sure. I’ll join the Maknae Comrade. If I cancel it, how am I going to face those who had recommended me? Where should I put my face when I meet with Tao-ssi, Sehun-ssi, Suzy, Jiyeon-ssi and Jiyoung-ssi?" Hyeri answered. "Unnie, please don’t bother Hyeri again." Minah said.

 

"Come on, unnie, you better go home. I'm going in." Hyeri started to approach the gate. Sojin tugged Hyeri’s arm, preventing her away, "But maknae ..."  Hyeri sighed.  Before she said anything, someone calling her name.

 

"Hyeri-ssi!" Four members of Girl's Day turned toward the sound source. Two boys walked toward them. They recognized both as EXO's Sehun and Kai.  

"Annyong haseyo" both EXO maknae bowed in front of Girl's Day who also bowed. "Annyong haseyo, Sehun-ssi, Kai-ssi"  Sehun smiled at Hyeri, "Finally you will attend your first Maknae Comrade meeting. How are your feeling? "

"I was too anxious until can not sleep last night" Hyeri answered.  Sehun and Kai laughed, "We also like that when it was our first time"

 

Hyeri turned to her three unnie, "Come on unnie, just go home.  What if the other idols see that I have to be escorted by the three of you"

"Well, at least you're still better than us." Sehun said, "Once we got escorted by our nine hyungs.  So there were twelve of us came here, imagine that. Tao-hyung almost did a wushu stance to chase them away." Hyeri looked around, "Eh, where is Tao-ssi? Is not he coming? "

 

Kai smiled, "He got caught by Sulli and Krystal. They whine to eat dukbokki first, so he takes them to eat.”  Sehun muttered softly, “Wimp”

 

“Don’t let hyung hear you say that, Oh Se Hun.  If you value your life, that is” Kai reprimanded.  “Even though Sulli is only a few weeks older and Krystal is younger than you, they are still our sunbaes.  Of course Tao-hyung has to do whatever they want him to do, that reason, and he practically adores both of them”

 

“Well, don’t you think that they’re being brats?  They are ...Ouch!! Why did you kick me for?” Kai glared at Sehun.  Hyeri murmured softly, “They are here, Sehun-ssi”

 

“Hyeri-yah!!!” Sulli called her name while waving her hand excitedly with Tao and Krystal in tow.  “Annyong, Sulli-yah” Hyeri waved back.  “Annyong!” Sulli hugged Hyeri, “It’s so nice you could join us.”  Sulli, Tao and Krystal bowed to the elder members of Girl’s Day who in return bowed to them.

 

“Why are you guys haven’t come in?  Do you not know the answer?” Krystal asked looking at Kai and Sehun with raised eyebrows.  Hyeri noted that she was leaning on Tao and their hands were linking.  “Oh, we haven’t asked for the password” Kai scratched the back of his head.

 

“Password?” Hyeri widen her eyes, “What password?”

“The password to open the door” Sulli grinned.  “It’s Changmin-oppa’s idea.  He’s obsessed with Harry Potter.  Like in Hogwarts but instead of simply give everyone a password to open the door we have to answer a question.  You know like those eagle dorm thing”

“It’s called Ravenclaw, Ssul” Krystal rolled her eyes.  She let go off Tao’s arm and walked to the gate.  She pushed the bell.  Five seconds later, a voice was heard.  “I am a box without hinges, key or lid.  Yet golden treasure inside is hid.  What am I?”**

 

Krystal turned to her fellow idols.  Sulli and Tao only looked at each other then shook their head.  Kai yawned, again, and only looked back at her sleepily while Sehun only shrugged.  Krystal looked at Hyeri expectantly, “Do you know the answer?”

 

Hyeri bit her lip.  “I’m not sure if it’s the right answer” Krystal signaled her to come closer.  “That’s alright.  I already know the answer but …” Krystal winked, “Since this is your first time, I let you do the honor.”  Hyeri took a deep breath, “The answer is Egg”

“Correct” the voice behind the gate answered, “Please wait a moment.”  Everyone cheered, even the other Girl’s Day members, when the black gate opened.  

 

The Girl’s Day members were busy saying their amazement once they were inside.  Sulli and Krystal invited Sojin, Yura and Minah to come just to reassure them about the place where Maknae Comrade used to meet.  

Inside the black gate was a beautiful garden.  Even though it was winter, they could still admire its beauty.  Sulli said the garden was even more beautiful when the spring came and the garden was full with blossoming flowers.  There were three building inside, a two storey house in the middle of the garden and two small houses.  The first one was near the gate and the other one was far at the back of the big house.

 

“This place belongs to Naina-unnie.  She is the Chief Editor of Charm Magazine.”  The Girl’s Day remembered the pretty foreign lady whom they had met at a photo shoot in the said magazine.  “She’s Ryeowook-oppa and Kyuhyun-oppa’s friend.  She allows us to use her guest house for Maknae Comrade’s meeting.  She doesn’t live here anymore, only comes sometimes for the weekend or holiday.  It’s like a vacation house” Sulli explained.  “The small house at the back is where the gardeners and maids live.”

 

“Wait … wait … you have maids!?” Yura and Minah asked at the same time.

 

“No, we don’t.  They are working for Naina-unnie to take care the house and the garden.  Seohyun-unnie asks the maids to not clean the guest house that we use.  The members of the Comrade take turn to clean the house” Krystal said, she turned to Sulli, “Who’s turn today?”

“The Drill Sergeants team” Sulli looked at her watch, “It’s not the time to meet yet.  We still have 30 minutes”  “Thank goodness! I’m so not in the mood handling Jiyeon-unnie & Jjing rants today.”  “Or Samchon …” Sulli grinned.  “Yes, or our dear Samchon” Krystal rolled her eyes.  “Samchon?” now everyone asked, including the EXO boys.

“That is their nickname for Chansung-oppa” all of them turned around and saw Jiyoung stood behind them.

“Egg White!!!” Sulli squealed.  “Egg Yolk!!!” Jiyoung yelled in return.  Both girls run to each other and started to spinning and jumping around.

“How long are they going to do that?” Hyeri asked because those girls didn’t give indication to stop spinning.  “Until they’re tired” Krystal waved her hand, “Don’t worry you’ll get use to it.  Just don’t get too close or … waahhh” Krystal screamed because her hands were suddenly grabbed by Sulli and Jiyoung and now she was spinning around with her fellow 94-liners.

“Oh, dear I’m dizzy now” Minah closed her eyes.  “Are they done yet?” she asked.  “I don’t know, I’m closing my eyes too” Sehun answered.  “Me too” Sojin and Yura piped in.

“Oppa, do something about it” Hyeri looked to the side and saw Jiyeon stood nearby with 2PM Chansung.  The older girl wore a very big sunglasses and about headache.

Chansung shook his head in amusement and walked toward the spinning girls.  Krystal was still screaming for them to stop the childish act.  He stood silently and thought the best way to stop the girls.  He eyed Tao and jerked his head motioned the Chinese boy to came to him.  “You grab Krystal while I take the other two.  On three, okay?” Tao nodded. “One, two, three”

Tao and Chansung successfully stopped the spinning act.  Krystal was in Tao’s hold while, amazingly, Sulli and Jiyoung were still so hyper in Chansung’s arms. 

Hyeri told the others to open their eyes.  “Woaah, you’re very strong, sunbae” Sehun and Minah exclaimed when they saw Chansung held both Sulli and Jiyoung by their waist on each hand like some rag dolls.  Both girls seemed that didn’t mind the way Chansung held them because they were giggling.

“Tao-oppa, I can’t stand or even walk.  The world is still spinning.” Krystal whined, “Carry me to the house, please.”  Tao turned around while still holding the f(x) maknae.  He bent slightly and said, “Okay, climb on my back.”  Krystal sighed happily while climbing on Tao’s back.  “Oppa is warm” she murmured.

Hyeri was looking at the scene with wide eyes.  She heard Sehun grumbled beside her, “Spoilt girl.”  “I can hear you, Oh Se Hun!” Krystal said then she stuck her tounge at him.  Sehun rolled his eyes and stuck his tounge in turn.  “Sehun, stop annoying Soojung” Tao said.  “Hyung is bias” Sehun complained while Krystal squealed in delight, “Tao-oppa is the best!!” Hyeri giggled watching their interaction.

 

“Wait a minute ... where’s Kai?” Tao asked.  “The Sleeping Beauty?" Jiyeon put her hands on her hips, “He’s already inside the house.  Sleeping!!!” Jiyeon complained.  She pointed her index finger at Sehun and Tao, “You better wake him or I’ll do something about it, and you’re not going to like it.  I don’t care eventhough he was recommended by the Prince Taemin himself, I will pu ...” Sehun didn’t wait for Jiyeon to finish, the younger boy sprinted to house to woke Kai.

 

 

----------------------------------

 

 

** the riddle belongs to J.R.R Tolkien in The Hobbit

because i'm at writing riddle :P