Chapter 2

Introduction to Maknae Comrade

 

 

 

Hyeri, Sehun and Chanyeol, who had been watching their sunbaes, looked at each other again. "Prank Point? What does that mean?" asked Hyeri.

 

"And the prize is Korean Beef? Isn’t this event’s prize just medals?" Chanyeol asked in turn.

 

"I know what all that was mean" Sehun answered. "Jiyeon-ssi and Jiyoung-ssi are members of Maknae Comrade. Currently there is prank competition with high quality Korean Beef as the prize"

 

"Oh, I've heard about this Maknae Comrade.  But not just any maknae can join, right? " Hyeri pouted, "It seems I can not join"

 

"To be a member you must have recommendation from at least 3 members of Maknae Comrade" Sehun explained.  Hyeri widened her eyes, "How do you know? Are you a member too? "Sehun nodded, "Tao-hyung, Kai-hyung and I are officially members since this January but we can’t join the competition yet"

 

"Do you want to join?" Tao suddenly joined in their conversation, "We might be able to recommend you to Captain Cho" Hyeri nodded in enthuastically.

 

"Tao! Sehun! Do not suggest her to join some strange club" said Suho while Tao and Sehun rolled their eyes hearing his words.  The EXO-K Leader turned his eyes to Girl's Day Leader, "Sojin-ssi, please forgive both of my maknaes. A bit of advice from me, do not let your maknae join Maknae Comrade, or you'll regret it later"

 

"Well, it's too late Suho-hyung. I already recommed her to Captain Cho" Tao waved his cell phone on Suho, “On my behalf and Sehun.  Now, we just have to look for one more member who will recommend you”

 

"Tao-ssi, thank you for recommending me" Hyeri smiled cheerfully.

 

Sojin and Yura widen their eyes. "Maknae!!! Why!?" Hyeri pouted,"Why not, unnie? I promise I will not do anything  weird. I'm envious of the other maknaes, they looks so familiar with each other."

 

Minah patted Hyeri’s head, "Come on unnie, let her be" she said then looking at Sojin and Yura,  "Hyeri is good kid.  She wont do anything bad, aren’t you Hyeri" Hyeri nodded.

 

"By the way, why aren’t you doing any prank?" Chanyeol asked quietly. Sehun and Tao just grinned.

 

"Suho-hyung, you'd better check the dorm. There is Kai, right? I’m sure he’s the one who does the prank. Why don’t you ask the manager to call Kris-hyung or the others, to ascertain whether the dorm doesn’t blow up or something" said Baekhyun worriedly.  Suho left in a hurry after hearing his words.

 

Luhan sighed, "What the heck are you three planning?" He shook his head. "I'm tired handling the three of you since this comrade thing happen"

 

"Hyung, I've already told you, we can’t join the prank competition yet" Sehun said, "Though the prize is tempting, isn’t it Tao-hyung?"

 

Tao nodded and said, "But it is rather difficult to beat Jiyeon-ssi, Jiyoung -ssi and Chansung-ssi team. According to Krystal, their team always win and gets the number one spot for this kind of competition.  Almost all members of Maknae Comrade want to beat those three and seize their position as the Captain's favorite"

 

"Captain?" Luhan and Baekhyun asked simultaneously. "Kyuhyun-hyung is Captain Commader or Captain Cho for short. He is the Maknae Comrade’s leader. The Vice Captain are Changmin-hyung and Ryeowook-hyung. The three of them determine who can join in by giving tests" Tao explained.

 

"Tests? There is an entrance test to join Maknae Comrade?" Hyeri asked. "Oh, what is it like? Is it hard?  Written test, multiple choice or what? "

 

Sehun laughed and further explained, "Well, it's not like that and it’s not that difficult too.  Usually it’s easier for girls than the boys.  Sometime they do not need to take any tests. Only the boys must take the tests and you will not know when and how you will be tested. But the main thing that once you've joined, you should not come in late in any meeting or you will be fined. Late one minute, you’ll be fined 1000 won. It’s easier if you only just pay a fine, but in addition for being late you have to face the Drill Sergeants which consist of Chansung-ssi, Jiyoung-ssi and Jiyeon-ssi. The three of them are really really scary" Sehun shivered.

 

The older members of Girl's Day and EXO could only look at each other and listened to the three maknae who were busy chatting about Maknae Comrade.  Sojin shifted her gaze to Minah, "Are you sure letting Hyeri to join that club?" Minah rolled her eyes, "I'm sure. I think it's a good club to Hyeri, she will have more friends right? "

 

Suho came back. "How is it, hyung? Is the dorm safe?" Chanyeol asked. "Dorm is still safe, but I got scolded by D.O." replied Suho. "Eh, how come?" Luhan, Baekhyun and Chanyeol asked simultaneously. "I asked him if Kai is around.  D.O. said Kai went out with Chen and Xiumin-hyung. Then I asked to speak to Kris-hyung or Lay, D.O. became angry and said they were taking a rest and can not be disturbed, and then he hung up."

 

---------

 

"Hyeri-ssi, I think you should ask for recommendations from one of the old members." Sehun said. He casted a glance at Suzy, "Do you know Suzy, don’t you? You could ask her to recommend you." Hyeri pursued her lips, "I'm not that close to her so I can not just simply ask her to recommend me." Tao smiled,"That's easy, I'll be the one to ask her" Sehun and Hyeri raised their eyebrows together.

 

"Do you even know her close, hyung?"  Tao shook his head with a grin, "I don’t."  Sehun rolled his eyes, "Do you even dare to ask Suzy-ssi about it? Do you think she'll do it?"  Tao shrugged, "We will not know if we don’t try, right?" Tao turned to Hyeri, "Call Suzy." 

 

"Tao-ssi, I think it's not a good idea. Let’s just cancel it. It’s alright if I don’t join the Maknae Comrade."  Now it was Tao turn to raised his eyebrow, "Are you sure you don’t want to join?" Hyeri bit her lip as she thought then she widen eyes when Tao suddenly called Suzy.

 

Suzy turned around when she heard someone calling her name. "Suzy-ssi, over here" this time Suzy glanced at EXO & Girl's Day.  She pointed to her nose to make sure that indeed she was called by EXO’s Tao.

 

She was not familiar with Tao.  Suzy only met a few times with the Chinese boy, in music shows and Maknae Comrade meetings. They had never talked but she felt that she had known Tao for a very long time. Jiyoung, Sohyun and she knew and memorized Tao profile because both f (x) maknaes always talked about Tao every time 94-liners met.  Sulli and Krystal idolized Tao. Even when Sohyun finally met Tao when Gayo Daejun, she also started to idolized him too. Well, after seeing Tao's action during high jump competition, it was likely there were two fans added in the list.  Suzy glanced at Jiyeon who looked at her curiously and then at Jiyoung who also paid attention at her. Then she realized that several girls were looking at her and Tao back and forth.  Okay, maybe almost all her fellow girl idols have become fans of Tao.

 

Suzy walked toward Tao, Sehun and Hyeri.  She knew Sehun and Hyeri because they attended the same school.  Suzy smiled politely at them and sat beside Hyeri.  She looked at Tao, “Are you calling me?” Tao nodded, “I like to ask you a favour” Suzy raised her eyebrow, “A favour?” she turned to Hyeri and Sehun.  Both of them were biting their lips.  “What favour?” she asked.

 

Then Tao explained about Hyeri’s interest to join the Maknae Comrade.  Suzy smiled and nodded in understanding.  “Of course I’ll recommed you, Hyeri-yah”  Hyeri’s face finally broke into big smile. “Really? You will do that? Thank you very much, Suzy-yah”

 

Suzy thought for a moment, “And I think it will be better if those Drill Sergeants also recommed you”  She turned to Jiyeon who was still looking at her direction.  Suzy gave her a signal using her head to join them then she did it too at Jiyoung.  Both girls walked toward them.

 

“So, what’s up?” Jiyeon sat beside Suzy and tugging the younger girl’s jacket, “Let me borrow it” she asked.  Suzy took off her jacket and gave it to Jiyeon who quickly wore it.  She grinned at Chanyeol who was looking at her, “Hey, oppa, what’s up?”  Chanyeol could only raised his eyebrows at her and shook his head, ‘Jiyeon is being Jiyeon’ he thought.  Jiyeon turned her attention to Suzy who was explaining about recommeding Hyeri to join the Maknae Comrade.

 

Jiyoung and Jiyeon looked at each other before both of them grinned.  Jiyoung took out her phone and after some times gave her phone to Hyeri.  “We will give a recommedation for you if you can do something like in this video.”

 

Hyeri looked at the video.  Her eyebrows raised and her eyes widen.  She looked up to stare at Jiyoung and Jiyeon who looked amuse at her.  “Do you think you can do it?” Jiyoung asked.  Hyeri rewind the video again to watch it one more time.  Hyeri took a deep breath, “I’ll do it.”

 

Jiyeon and Jiyoung clapped their hands.  Hyeri gave Jiyoung’s phone back at her.  “I’ll record it and then I’ll send the video to the Captain and Vice Captains for your recommendation.”  Tao and Sehun looked questionally at Suzy who shrugged her shoulder and mouthed “I don’t know.”

 

“I’m ready if you are” Jiyoung said.  Hyeri nodded “Do i have to stand to do it or ...” “You can do it while sitting down.  Just the hands and eyes.  I’ll count to three ... okay?”  Hyeri moved back a little from where she was sitting.  Then after the word three escaped Jiyoung’s mouth, Hyeri spread her hands, moved her palms like she was dancing.  Suzy, Sehun and Tao raised their eyebrows with mouth agape.  Hyeri’s eyes were widen and she moved her eye balls from left to right repeatedly.  “Done!!” Jiyeon gave the stop signal.  “Wow, you’re great at this”  she said.  Jiyoung and Jiyeon reviewed the video while smiling. 

 

“My eyes hurt” Hyeri moaned.

 

“My eyes hurt too when I tried it” Jiyeon said, “Jiyoung also.  The only one who can do it perfectly is Victoria-unnie.”  Jiyoung played with her phone for a minute then she looked up, “I already send it to the Captain and Vice Captains.  Now we’ll just wait for their approval.”  A beep was heard.  “Well, that’s quick” she commented.  Jiyoung looked at her phone and gave it to Jiyeon. 

 

“Welcome to Maknae Comrade, Girl’s Day Hyeri” Jiyoung and Jiyeon yelled together and clapped their hands.  Suzy, Tao and Sehun followed them, clapping their hands vigorously.

 

“What are do you doing, maknae?”

“Do you even understand the meaning of Restraining Order?”

“Are you not able to measure distance?  Do you think this is 3 meters away from each other?”

 

Jiyeon, Jiyoung and Suzy turned around and gulped after staring at Hyomin, Hara, Nicole, Min and Eunjung’s annoyed look.

 

“Oopss ....” was the only thing came out from the three girls.