Chapter 9

Everything Is Just A Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 9

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~

When you’re sad, you’re oblivious to the good things in life. There is always a crack of light in the darkness.

Find it.

~~~~~

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“So, you guys will have to work together, okay?” Mr. Kim stands up from his desk.

 

Seungri raise his hand and asks the question that everyone has in mind.

 

“How?”

 

Mr. Kim looks at him.

 

“What do you mean, ‘how’?”

 

Seungri shrugs.

 

“Well,” He started. “You know, how do we work together on this?”

 

Mr. Kim raises his eyebrow.

 

“Go over to each other’s house or meet up somewhere if you’re uncomfortable with the first idea. If you are busy, make time for the project, unless you’re okay with a zero.”

 

The teacher paces back and forth.

 

“Now,” He stops pacing. “Since that’s settled, let’s talk about the debate topics.”

 

He walks back to his desk to get a piece of paper and a pen to write down what each group will do.

 

“Who wants to do social media? You know, music, internet, all those types of stuff.”

 

Seunghyun, Bom, Ga In, and Jo Kwon raise their hands.

 

“Nice. What about animal rights? Either you’re against on animal testing or you’re on the go for it.”

 

Taemin and Na Eun timidly raise their hands.

 

“Anyone else?” Mr. Kim looks around. “What about you, Nichkhun and Victoria?”

 

The pair looks at each other briefly before looking away while giggling and blushing.

 

“Ahem, yes, we will take it,” Nichkhun smiles.

 

“Next, student rights. This will be a tad bit harder, since you guys have to research about freedom of speech, freedom of property, and freedom of privacy. It’s either you’re with the school side or the student side.”

 

Immidiately, YoonAh didn’t want to do it since she heard that it was going to be hard, but Dara, the overachiever, raises her hand.

 

Of course, YoonAh sees this as a challenge, so she too, raises her hand confidently. Anything that will be against Dara she will do, no matter how hard it may seem.

 

Mr. Kim looks at her for a moment, shakes his head, and continues to go through the debate topics.

 

“Now,” Mr. Kim says after he finishes assigning the students. “You may get with your partners to plan.”

 

I look at Dara with my peripheral vision to see if she would move towards me, but instead of moving, she looks around, waiting for, I guess, me to walk towards her.

 

I breathe in deeply.

 

God, why do I act like nervous? I am never nervous!

 

I shake my head to blank out my thoughts and slink towards Dara.

 

I cover my mouth to cough and she looks up at me.

 

I shyly look at her, then down to my hands.

 

Wow. She is one breath-taking girl. She’s beautiful, no doubt about it.

 

What the- Why am I acting like this?

 

“Hello,” I smile at her, gaining my confidence back.

 

“Hi,” The edge of her lips turns up, forming a small smile, which makes some butterflies in my stomach to flutter.

 

“Well,” Dara started. “Since we’re going to be partners for a while and since I didn’t get to properly introduce myself, I am Sandara Park, but I prefer to be called Dara.”

 

A weird sensation spreads throughout my body.

 

“U-uh, I’m Kwon… I mean GD,” I stutter as I hold my hand out. Dara just blinks, then tilts her head in confusion.

 

“Uhh… What?”

 

“Oh,” Heat creeps up on my cheeks as I rub my nape in embarrassment. “You don’t want to shake hands?”

 

Slowly, realization engulfs her and she breathes softly.

 

“Oh,” She bites her lip as she holds her hand out and I shake it.

 

I sit down on the seat in front of her and face her.

 

“So, where do you want to meet up? My place or yours or…?” I ask suggestively.

 

“Uh,” Dara purses her lips and looks up at me. “H-how about your place?”

 

Huh. Weird. Usually, girls don’t want to go over to a guy’s house, but whatever.

 

“Oh, sure,” I nod, already making plans to clean up the place. “Do you want to get started today?”

 

Dara looks down as she fiddles with her fingers.

 

“Well, I need to ask Bom first,” She finally looks up at me.

 

Something really looks familiar. Her eyes… It’s as if I’ve seen them somewhere…

 

“Okay?” Dara looks at me expectantly.

 

“Oh, sorry, what was that?” I inwardly slapped myself for not paying attention.

 

“I said since Bom lives with me, I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter