Chapter 19

Everything Is Just A Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 19

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“If you don't judge a book by its cover, then don't judge music by its language.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~

 

 

 

 

 

Each day, GD and Dara continue to do their schoolwork along with physical therapy (that hurts like hell) and tests to make sure that they are getting better. Still, Dara can’t stop thinking about the room at the far end of the hospital. As GD was sleeping, Dara, with her past experience in the hospital and sneaking out, manages to buy cans of paint and paintbrushes. Because of her night escapades that are still continuing, she loses her sleep, leading her to looking like a dead corpse. GD notices her deep eye bags, frowns as she nods off to sleep in the middle of their schoolwork. Overcome by worry, he decides to see what she has been doing at night.

 

As the darkness settles, Dara begins her act. Yawning, she snuggles in the comfort of her hospital bed while muttering, “I’m so sleepy.”

 

GD inwardly smirks before nodding and lies down on his own bed.

 

But Dara, more cunning that GD, knows how his suspicion and slept all through the night, leaving GD to stay up for no reason. GD, frustrated in losing his sleep, closes his eyes for a moment to rest, but he ends up sleeping soundly. When Dara wakes up at dawn, she chuckles quietly before sneaking out and continues her mission.

 

 

~~~~~

 

 

“Bom!”

Bom rubs her eyes as she wakes up.

“Bom!”

“Bom…”

“BOM-AH!!!”

Remembering Seunghyun’s fear of horror movies, she dashes through the hall and barges into his room. “I’m here!”

Seunghyun stares at the half-asleep Bom who is sporting a messy bun along with wrinkled clothes. Unable to contain it, he starts to laugh.

Annoyed, Bom whacks the back of his head before storming out of the room.

“WAIT!”

Seunghyun chases after her, grabs her arm, twirls and pulls her towards him. Unfortunately for Bom, she didn’t have the best balance and her foot stumbles over her other foot, making her collapse on top of Seunghyun. Both closes their eyes in hopes of making their fall softer than they know it should be. Seunghyun grunts as they land on the carpeted floor (which he and Bom now thank and bless) and Bom never felt so happy to land on top of him. For a minute, they just lie down with that position before Bom lifts her head off of Seunghyun’s chest and looks up while Seunghyun looks down at her. Feeling embarrassed at the sudden eye contact, Bom practically leaps out of his arms and rubs her nape in mere nervousness. Seunghyun, feeling the same thing, starts acting like a kid.

“BOM! There’s a cockroach in my room!!!!!”

Bom rolls her eyes.
The kid in him is back.

“I’ll kill it,” Bom scoffs at the happiness that can be evidently seen in Seunghyun’s eyes. “Just get me a metal bucket and a lighter and gloves.”

Seunghyun skips off but suddenly halts.

“Wait. Why would you need a lighter and a bucket?”

“Don’t you know?” Bom smirks, knowing that the information she is about to tell him is going to scare the out of him. “A cockroach never dies, even if you use poison or flush them down the toilet. They’ll just live. Why do you think there are so many of them in the sewerage system?”

Noticing Seunghyun’s uneasiness, she continues.
“Also, considering the bug’s size, it’s just a baby. Don’t you know what that means?”

Terrified, he shakes his head.

“That means,” Bom slowly walks towards him with a teasing look. “If there’s a baby, there surely will be a mommy. A BIGGER cockroach. Maybe it’s still in your room.”

Seunghyun grimaces at her description of a mother cockroach.

“But whatever, you’re a big boy, right?” Her hand waves off the commentary she made about the cockroaches. “Go get the items.”

He runs down the stairs and made sure to get everything, gives it to Bom and watches behind her, not wanting to see how she catches and kills them in mere fright.

 

 

 

~~~~~

 

 

 

GD’s eyebrows furrow as he looks at Dara. A nurse came in, wheeling her out of the room, but that uneasy feeling still lingers in the room.

“Hey,” Hanbyul sits on the foot of his hospital bed. “You okay?”

GD nods before his eyes lands on the door that’s half open.

“Is Dara doing well too?”

Once again, he nods without much thought.

“Has Dara been troubling you?”

GD sighs before shaking his head.

“It’s not that she is. It’s just what she’s doing things behind my back.”

“What do you mean?”

“I started having a hutch that she is,” GD tilts his head in wonder. “But whenever I try to catch her, she’s just on the bed, sleeping the whole night.”

There’s a few seconds of silence before Hanbyul burst out laughing.

“Well, now you know what to do, right?” Hanbyul’s lopsided smile irks GD.

“What do you mean?”

“For a bright guy that Dara described, you are pretty stupid,” She mutters under her breath.

“What?”

“Nothing,” Hanbyul shakes her head. “The answer is so simple.”

GD his head to the side.

“Just pretend you’re done with your suspicious acts and just do things normally and then stay up one night and catch her.”

“That makes a lot of sense,” GD compliments her before thinking. “You sound as if she’s done this before.”

A state of panic flitters on Hanbyul’s face before she chuckles nervously.

“No, I just know her and her quirky acts.”

GD, ready to reply, opens his mouth until the door creaks and Dara appears.

“Dara, you’re back!” Hanbyul hugs her for a split second before Dara shrugs her off.

“Unnie, you know how I feel about physical contanct.”

“Oh please,” Hanbyul scoffs. “How come GD can do it and I can’t?”

GD and Dara turns beet red before coughing in embarrassment.

“U-unnie, what do you mean?” Dara tries to hide her burning cheeks.

“Oh you know what I mean,” She winks before floating out of the room. “Bye lovebirds!”

“UNNIE!”

 

 

~~~~~

 

 

 

 

“Yah, yah, yah!” Bom roars as Seunghyun runs around in GD’s house. “Are you a kid or something?”

Seunghyun stills, giving Bom a sigh of relief, until he starts to act up again.

“Choi Seunghyun!” Bom cries in frustration. “Stop it!”

The doorbell rings and Bom, leaving Seunghyun rolling on the floor and opens it. A girl around their age looks behind Bom, ignoring her presence.

Offended with her gesture, Bom miffedly asks, “Are you looking for someone?”

“Um… Yes. Do you know of Choi Seunghyun?”

Bom tilts her head back to peer at Seunghyun before nodding.

“Why?”

A smile lights up the girl’s face before walking right past the stupefied Bom and into the ho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter