Chapter 18

Everything Is Just A Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

  Chapter 18

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~

 

"The Japanese say you have three faces;

The first face, you show to the world.

The second face, you show to your close friends and your family.

The third face, you  never show anyone. It is the truest reflection of who you are."

 

~~~~~

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's POV

 

 

 

 

Dara’s eyes open and a surge of pain quickly slip in her bones.

“Ugh,” She groans, sitting up from the hospital bed.

Looking around, she calls, “Hello?”

Suddenly, Dara felt a movement beside her.

Unable to see because of the dark, her hands decide to wander around for her.

“Yah, yah, yah,” A sleepy voice enters through her ears. “Who are you?”

“J-Ji?”

Her mind races as she remembers the accident.

Oh no, did he get amnesia?

“D-Dara?” He hastily sits up and hugs her tightly.

They both sigh in relief for two different reasons.

For Dara, she feels elated that he still remembers her.

For GD, he is thankful that she is now awake, after days of waiting in agony.

“Doctor!” GD immediately calls to make sure that Dara is fine. “She’s awake!”

After a few seconds, the light is on and a doctor and two nurses file in, ready to do tests.

GD gets off Dara’s bed and transferring to his own, instantly missing her warmth.

“I’ll be back,” Dara weakly calls out as they, once again, wheel her out of the room.

“And I’ll be waiting,” GD replies, just as weak, and lies down on the cold mattress of the hospital bed.

With nothing to do, GD whips out his cellphone and texts Seunghyun and Bom about Dara.

Not a second late, Bom calls GD.

“Yobose-”

“HELLO HOW’S DARA?”

GD chuckles before answering, “She’s doing well. She’s doing tests to make sure she’s okay.”

“YAH PARK BOM!!” A distant voice is heard.

“Is that… Seunghyun?”

“I… We.. No, no, don’t get the wrong idea.” Bom stutters, feeling flustered. “YAH CHOI SEUNGHYUN SHUT UP OR ELSE I WILL LEAVE!”

“What happened?” GD asked, trying to control his laughter.

“Well, Seunghyun here thought that it will be easy to watch a scary movie at 12 AM and he ended up scared and called me up to go to your house and stay with him.”

“Oh, yeah,” GD nods thoughtfully, knowing that his friend gets frightened easily. “His fears lasts for at least a week or two.”

“Aish!” Bom cries, frustrated. “Can you come home tomorrow?”

“Ani,” GD chuckles. “The doctor said I have to stay here after a month or two.”

“BOMMIE-AH! STAY HERE FOR 2 WEEKS!” Seunghyun’s wailing voice manages to seep through the phone. “PLEASE!”

“Aish chincha this namja (Oh gosh, really this guy),” Bom mutters under her breath, but GD hears it.

“PLEAAAAASE!”

“ARRASSO ARRASSO!” Bom explodes in anger as she throws her hands up in the air. “I am gonna go crazy.”

“Good luck,” GD snickers, knowing his best friend’s actions all too well. “Ah, tell the others the good news too, okay?”

“Deh, de- CHOI SEUNGHYUN, WILL YOU PLEASE LET GO OF MY LEG? NO ONE WILL COME AND TAKE YOU!”

“I’m hanging up now,” GD hurriedly ends the phone as the door opens, revealing Dara.

“Dara is fine,” The doctor smiles at both of them. “She just needs plenty of rest and physical therapy, just like you, young man.”

“Deh,” GD sheepishly answers. “I just didn’t want to start without her, just in case she can’t tolerate the pain.”

“Mmm,” The doctor waves goodbye. “Have a good rest, both of you. Don’t stay up too late.”
“Deh,” Dara and GD choruses as the doctor shuts the door closed.

“Who were you on the phone with?” Dara asks as she sits up, with the help of GD.

“Ah, Bom and Seunghyun.”

“Ehh?” Dara’s eyes are now wide open. “They’re at my house?”

“Oh, no, Seunghyun dragged Bom to my house because he watched a scary movie and now he’s paranoid.”

“Ahh,” Dara starts to laugh. “I’m not surprised. Bom is a toughie.”

“Yeah,” GD looks up at the ceiling. “I’m sorry we missed your birthday. Don’t worry; we will make it up, okay? Anyways-”

“Whoa, whoa, whoa,” Dara looks at him, surprise evident on her face. “What day is it today?”

“I’m pretty sure it’s…” GD tilts his head up, thinking. “Ah, December 1st.”

“Oh, cool, Decem- BWO?!” Her head swivels towards him. “DECEMBER 1st? Are you sure?? I can’t sleep through what, 20 days?”

“Dara, calm-”

“OHHHH NO,” She groans, muttering a stringful of colorful words. “What about school? Oh, my freaking gosh I swear I will kill that man and shove his phone where it should not be shoved.”

“Dara…”

“No GD, you cannot stop me,” Dara made the motion of getting up. “Nope. This guy will die in my hands.”

“Dara-yah,” GD hops over to her bed and straps her down. “You’re still weak and hurt and you cannot kill the man because he’s in jail already.”

Dara huffs.

“And anyways,” GD sits beside her on her bed. “It’s winter break and Seunghyun and Bom has been sending us our homework and schoolwork, so we have about… a whole month to work on it.”

“But-”

“No, Dara,” He cuts her off with a warning tone. “We’ll worry about that after you’re stabilized. Right now, you need to focus on being healthy and we need to start with physical therapy.”

“Deh,” Dara can do nothing but agree with GD.

“When you were still… in coma, I started to compose again.”

“Chincha?”

“Mmm hmm,” He smiles, even though he knows Dara can’t see him in the dark. “Want me to sing to you?”

“Mmm… Yeah.”

He lay down comfortably beside Dara and starts humming the melody until they bot

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter