Chapter 5

Do You Wanna B? ‘Block B Club’.

The next day at school during lunch, I was quietly eating my lunch which was nicely prepared by U-Kwon. He wore a bright pink apron this morning when he prepared my lunch and his. I thought it was very sweet of him.

The boys were having the usual banter during lunch when suddenly one of the boys in our year came running towards our table.
 

“Annyeong DaeSuk,” Zico greeted him cheerfully.

“Zico-ah, I was just at the teacher’s lounge fixing some folders for teacher and I heard the other teachers talking about Hwang Jun, Ji Sung and Shin Woo!” DaeSuk announced like a news reporter.

“Who are they?” I whispered to U-Kwon who was sitting next to me.

“Those three bullies who bullied Kyung.” He replied with a grin.

“What were they saying about them?” Taeil asked DaeSuk. Zico and the others seem to be looking proud of themselves. I got suspicious.

“Apparently they were rushed to hospital last night. I heard they got seriously beaten up!” DaeSuk exclaimed dramatically. The boys smiled slyly to themselves before telling DaeSuk to not worry about the three bullies. When DaeSuk left, I glared at each and everyone of the boys.

“What did you guys do?” I interrogated them.

“Nothing~” Ji Hoon said trying to do aegyo.

“Don’t lie to me,” I told him. Ji Hoon looked at his hyungs. Taeil nodded at Zico while U-Kwon was just shuffling nervously beside me.

“Last night when you were asleep, we sneaked out of the boarding house.” Zico said in a hushed tone. Minhyuk and Jaehyo looked warily around to see if anyone was listening intently or eavesdropping.

“Wae?” I demanded.

“Hwang Jun, Ji Sung and Shin Woo always hangs out at the park during midnight so--” Zico continued.

“So??” I raised my eyebrows.

“So we kicked their !” U-Kwon shouted happily.

“Ssshhh!” The others quickly shushed him.

“I’m guessing that’s why they were rushed to hospital?” I tutted.

Zico nodded proudly.

“I told them not to Kira but they didn’t listen…” Kyung pouted.

“When do we ever listen to you eh Kyung?” Minhyuk smirked.

“Is that why you have a bandage around your hand?” I asked Minhyuk.

He nodded and then pursed his lips.

“I can’t believe you guys did that…” I trailed off.

“We’re tough guys!!” Jaehyo smiled at me.

 

That evening, I decided to take a quick shower after dinner. As I turned the shower on, I let the warm water touch my skin. When I was completely soaking wet, I grabbed my bottle of shampoo which had strawberry scent. As I picked it up, I noticed that it seemed light and empty. I turned the bottle upside down to get some of the contents onto my palm but it was completely empty. Not even a drop of my shampoo was left. When I took a shower this morning, I could have sworn that it was half full at least. I was probably just hallucinating so I applied conditioner on my hair. Once I finished getting changed into my pajamas and dried off my hair, I went to knock to Jaehyo’s room to ask him something. He opened the door and then let me in.

“Gwaenchana?” He asked sweetly.

“Oh ne, gomawo. I just wanted to ask where’s the nearest supermarket is from here? I ran out of shampoo…” I told him.

“There’s one about 15 minutes away by bus…” Jaehyo answered.

“What’s 15 minutes away by bus?” Zico asked as he walked in Jaehyo’s room. Jaehyo was sat on his bed while I was sitting down on one of his bean bags.

“Kira was asking about the nearest supermarket,” Jaehyo answered.

“I need to buy some essentials.” I added with a smile.

“Why don’t you come with me and Taeil hyung tomorrow? We’re going shopping!” Zico grinned. He jumped onto the bean bag next to me and I smelt his hair. It smelt of strawberries.

“You and Taeil hyung are always shopping.” Jaehyo commented.

“Zico oppa…” I murmured. “Did you use my shampoo?”

Zico his lips nervously while Jaehyo and I waited for his response.

“Err ne, I hope you don’t mind!” he responded, his voice wavering.

“I don’t mind but you used it all!” I chuckled.

“I really loved the smell!” Zico grinned like a little child.

“You used a girl’s shampoo?!” Jaehyo clarified his tone very surprised.

“Oh hyung, it smells like strawberries!! It’s awesome!” Zico exclaimed.

“So? It’s still a girl’s shampoo.” Jaehyo grimaced.

“You don’t like the smell of my hair then?” I joked.

“I love your hair. It always neat and smells nice.” Jaehyo stated making me blush. I saw Zico secretly winked at Jaehyo. I wonder what that meant.

 

The next day at school, we didn’t have our teacher on Food Tech class so we basically just had a food fight. It was fun but it got really messy. Afterwards, we had a free period. We had the choice of staying in the library or in the canteen. Obviously we were going to be too noisy for the library so we stayed in the canteen. Minhyuk mysteriously disappeared in the middle of the food fight and I never got to asking one of the boys where he disappeared off to. The boys and I were having a lively chat in the canteen when a group of pretty girls in the year below us walked past. They sat on one of the tables as well and kept their attention towards the boys. One of them started waving in a very flirty way towards U-Kwon. I don’t why but I felt uncomfortable. U-Kwon obviously enjoyed the female attention he was getting because he started waving back in the same flirty way.

“Just go talk to her already hyung!” Ji Hoon sighed.

“I’m on it!” U-Kwon replied. He stood up from his seat and then strutted towards the flirty girl. I don’t why it bothered me so much when I saw that U-Kwon started flirting with her uncontrollably by her cheek gently and playing with strands of her hair. She would reciprocate by literally laughing at everything he was saying. I couldn’t stand it anymore so I excused myself to go to the toilet. I could feel the eyes of the others on me and they were probably wondering why I acted that way all of a sudden. I walked out of the canteen in a huff and walked past the lockers and a couple of rooms. As I passed the music room, I heard a soft lullaby being played from the grand piano. The door was slightly open so I decided to take a peek. The song has hypnotized me and the pianist was really good. When I saw who was behind the piano, I smiled like the Cheshire cat. It was Minhyuk. He had his eyes closed and I could see that he was really into his playing. I walked in the room silently to watch him closer. His fingers glided along the piano keys flawlessly. A few minutes later, he suddenly stopped playing and then slowly opened his eyes. His eyes then met mine.

“Oh, mianhe. Did I distract you?” I gulped.

“Sort of. I felt someone watching me.” He answered and then picked his bag.

“Oh please don’t stop playing,” I said.

“I’m not in the mood to play anymore.” He said flatly.
 

“You’re really good.” I commented.

“Stating the obvious but thank you.” He flashed me a smirk before walking out of the music room.

 

After school, I came with Zico and Taeil to go shopping. They are so funny and so awesome to hang out with. Zico just makes me laugh so much and Taeil is just so adorable that it hurts. One thing that amused me is that they love shopping more than I do. After I bought what I needed in the supermarket which is 2 bottles of shampoo (the other one I was giving to Zico) we went to a couple of clothes shop. Taeil walked over a shelf which was full of different hats. He took the hat he was wearing and then tried a new hat on. He then looked at himself in the mirror.

“Do I really look like shark?” He asked. Zico started cracking up uncontrollably while I just looked at him in a weird way.

“No you don’t look like a shark, oppa.” I told him honestly.

“You do a bit hyung.” Zico giggled.
 

“No he doesn’t!” I slapped Zico on the arm playfully.

After Zico looked through racks of clothes, Taeil said that he needed to go to the pet store.

“Wae?” I pried.
 

“My fishes need food.” He grinned at me.

“You have pet fishes?” I gasped. I loved animals.

“He’s got a sea life centre in his bedroom.” Zico chuckled.

“I have a little tank in my bedroom. I raise tropical fishes.” Taeil smiled.

“Oh wow~ can I see them when we get home?” I requested.

“Of course, you can feed them too if you want.” Taeil said nicely.

I can’t wait to get to know the other boys.

 

Author's Note:

The poll is still on! Please vote if you haven't already!

Who do you want to be Kira's boyfriend?

Also don't forget to comment! Thank you!

~{JL}