Chapter 26

Do You Wanna B? ‘Block B Club’.

{KIRA’S POV}

A few days later…

“Kira…. It’s time for lunch,” Taeil called from outside of my bedroom.

“I don’t want any oppa,” I called back hoarsely.

“But you didn’t eat breakfast…” Taeil murmured. I heard him open my door.

“I’m not hungry…” I sighed covering my face with my blanket.

“I bet you’re starving. You didn’t eat dinner either last night Kira-shi,” Taeil said, his voice wavering. I heard him sit down on the edge of my bed.

“I don’t want to eat oppa…” I uttered.

“You have to eat,” Taeil insisted and started shaking my leg.

“Anio.” I replied lazily and huskily.

Without saying another word Taeil walked out of my bedroom, closing the door behind him. I got out of my bed and looked in the mirror. I looked like hell. My hair was sticking out everywhere and I haven’t washed it for a few days. My skin was blotchy and my eyes were bloodshot because of all the crying. My stomach growled and it hurt a little bit. I clutched on my stomach and lay back down on my bed again. My front door opened again and Taeil had walked back in with a tray full of food with him.

“Oppa I said I didn’t want any~” I sighed.

“Stop lying. Just eat okay? I’ll leave this here.” He said and placed the tray of food on top of my nightstand. I sighed out loud.

“Kira don’t make me force the food down your throat.” Taeil hissed.

“What? You wouldn’t,” I narrowed my eyes at him.

“Alright I wouldn’t but please eat. Just call me if you need anything else.” He said and then tapped my forehead before he left. I looked at the food and my mouth instantly watered. I was starving no lie. I swallowed hard and placed the tray of food on my lap and started scoffing everything.

“I told you she was hungry,” I heard Taeil say outside of my bedroom.

“Obviously she’ll be hungry. She hasn’t eaten!” Zico said.

I wiped my mouth and then walked towards my bedroom door. I opened it abruptly and the next thing I saw was Taeil and Zico falling flat on their faces. They had their ears pressed against my door listening out to me.

“Why are you eavesdropping in on me?” I asked them.

They stood up and looked at each other.

“We’re extremely worried about you.” Zico answered.

“I’m fine. There’s nothing to be worried about!” I said.

“Come on Ji Ho, let her finish her food.” Taeil smiled at me.

“Don’t worry boys, I’ll handle this.” Minyoung suddenly appeared.

“Hey babe~” Zico greeted her. I instantly felt a pang of jealousy hearing Zico calling her “babe”. Not because I fancy Zico but because I remember no one will call me that anymore. I sighed and went to eat some more.

Minyoung closed my bedroom door and eyed me carefully.

“How are you unnie?” She asked casually as she walked towards me.

“I’m fine.” I replied in a high-pitched tone.

“No. How are you? Really?” She asked again.

“I said I’m fine.” I said with my mouth full of food.
“Unnie you’re far from fine. You have ketchup on your chin, your eyes are swollen, I heard you haven’t been focusing in your lessons in school and you stink. When was the last time you took a shower?” Minyoung grimaced.

I wiped my chin and stared at the nearly empty plate in front of me. Before I know it, I have started crying again. I wasn’t sobbing but I couldn’t control the tears coming out from my eyes like a fountain.

“Oh unnie~ time will heal all pain.” Minyoung crooned.

“I miss him. He hasn‘t been here or in school.” I said in between tears.

“He’s been staying at our house.” She replied. “He’s been really miserable too. Appa is telling him off for not going to school but he’s not listening.

He just sulks 24/7.” She carried on.

I pushed the tray off of my lap and then wiped my cheeks dry with my sleeves. I promised myself not to think of Minhyuk but it’s impossible.

“Why don’t you two just get back together? Clearly it’s what you both want.” Minyoung stated handing me my tissue box.

“Our relationship is tainted now. It’s never going to be the same.” I sniffed.

Minyoung sighed. After a while, she grew tired of talking to me so she made an excuse that she’ll just take my tray to the kitchen just so she could get out of my bedroom. When she was gone, I carried on crying like a baby.
I ended up falling asleep and when I woke up, U-Kwon was sitting beside me flicking through the channels on my TV.

“Kwon-ah, what are you doing here?” I asked him.

“Looking after my Kira baby…” He smiled sweetly at me.

“Thanks~” I forced a smile. “So how are you?” I asked him.

“I have a girlfriend now!” U-Kwon declared with a wide grin on his face.

“What? How? When?” I gasped. I sure miss a lot of things when I decide to lock myself in my bedroom for days and be depressed.

“I only met her last week. We went on a couple of dates and yesterday I asked her to be my girlfriend and she said yes!” U-Kwon said.

“Awww~ I’m so happy for you oppa!” I said truthfully.

I really was happy for him that he finally found someone to be with.

“I guess I couldn’t wait for you Kira…” U-Kwon suddenly blushed.

“I never told you to wait for me,” I told him.

“I know but I kind of hoped that someday you and I would hook up eventually…” He giggled cutely. I pinched his cheeks.

“So what’s her name? Is she a keeper?” I asked.

“Her name is Rainee and she is amazing.” He said dreamily.

“I have to meet her and see if she’s worthy of you.” I said.

“Yes you can meet her but not with you looking like that,” he chuckled.

“I know I look horrible. I promise I’ll look presentable when you introduce us…” I promised. U-Kwon’s smile subsided and was replaced by worry.

“I’d be stupid if I asked how you are cos I know the answer to that.” He said. He grabbed my hand and squeezed it tight. I looked down.

“Do you wanna talk about it?” He asked.

“Not really~ I’m trying to forget about it.” I answered.

“You know you can talk to me anytime, araso?” He smiled.

“Ne oppa, gomawo.” I smiled back at him.

“Love you,”

“Love you too…”

 

After a little while, U-Kwon had to leave because Rainee wanted to see him. When he left, Jaehyo replaced his place on my bed.

“Everyone misses you downstairs…” Jaehyo uttered as he tried to get comfy on my bed. He also brought me some snacks which was prepared by Taeil.

“I just want to be here right now~” I replied.

“We know…” He sighed. “Its hard to deal with heartbreak,”

“You’ve been heartbroken before?” I asked.

“When I found out you and Minhyuk hyung got together.” Jaehyo replied.

My heart sank. So I was the cause of his heartbreak. sake.

“I’m sorry~” I gulped. Jaehyo put an arm over my shoulder.

“It’s okay. That’s all in the past now. There’s no point dwelling on it.”

I scooched away from him because I know that I smelt bad.

“What’s wrong?” He asked.

“Don’t hug me, I stink.” I said embarrassed.

“I don’t care. Hugs will do you good right now.” Jaehyo insisted and tightened his grip around me. I didn’t fight it anymore so I just rested my head on his shoulder. I kept silent as Jaehyo started humming beautifully making me smile. I smiled even wider when I felt him kiss the top of my head. Being held like that was always nice and yes I needed hugs right now.

Suddenly I had the weird urge to ask Jaehyo if he still had feelings for me.

I couldn’t ask him though because Kyung had walked in my bedroom.

“Kira you have to go downstairs!” He said.

“I don’t want to.” I said and buried my face into Jaehyo’s chest.

“But we’re playing hide and seek!” Kyung whined.

“Sorry oppa, I don’t feel like playing.” I said.

“You know since you broke up with Minhyuk hyung, you became boring Kira! I want the fun and clumsy Kira back! I don’t like this miserable and boring Kira who doesn’t even care about her friends anymore!” Kyung yelled.

“Kyung! What the hell do you think you’re doing?!” Jaehyo shouted.

“I’m just telling Kira the truth! She needs to face reality!” Kyung shouted back. I held back my tears and avoided eye contact with Kyung.

“The last thing Kira needs is to be shouted at.” Jaehyo glared at him.

Kyung looked down in shame. He started rubbing the back of his neck.

“Sorry Kira, I just… I just miss you so much,” he pouted.

“I miss you too Kyungie oppa and I’m sorry for being such a miserable lately…” I whimpered. “I promise I’ll be a better friend soon.”

Kyung smiled half-heartedly and went over to give me a hug. But as soon as he got closer to me and have had hugged me for a few seconds, he pushed me away and he wrinkled his nose.

“You stink!” He mentioned.

“I know…” I chuckled.

“And you look like a zombie.” Kyung laughed.

“Kyung I’m going to thump you in a minute.” Jaehyo roared.

“Sorry hyung; I’m going!” Kyung grinned and stalked off.

“I didn’t know I was affecting you guys with my depression,” I said.

“Yes, sort of. We can’t have fun knowing you’re up here crying your eyes out. You refuse to eat, you hardly talk and we just can’t help but be sick with worry.” Jaehyo explained. I felt terrible.

“I’m so sorry~” My bottom lip quivered.

“It’s really okay…”

*KNOCK, KNOCK*

“Come in,” Jaehyo answered. Ji Hoon came in with an awkward smile on his face. His hands was behind his back.

“Hyung can I talk to noona?” Ji Hoon asked shyly.

“Sure maknae,” Jaehyo said and kissed the top of my head again before he left Ji Hoon and me. He still kept his hands behind his back.
“What are you hiding there Ji Hoon-ah?” I asked him.

“Oh~ it’s just Toto. He wanted to see you.” He smiled. He showed the green caterpillar stuffed toy and waved it about in front of my face.

“Hi Toto!” I smiled widely.

“Noona~ you need to get out of your room.” Ji Hoon said.

“Not today maknae~ maybe tomorrow.” I said.

“I’m sure going out now will do you good.” He insisted.

“I don’t want to.” I said flatly.

“But you still need to take me and Toto out…” He mentioned.

I looked at him and he was pouting. He was right. I still need to take him and precious Toto out. I let out a sigh and smiled at the maknae.

“Okay Pyo Ji Hoon; me, you and Toto will go out. But first I have to shower. So give me 20 minutes to get ready?” I said.
“Yeah yeah yeah~! Thanks noona!” He grinned widely and skipped out of my room. I got out of my bed and grabbed my bath towel. I looked out the window and everyone was in the garden having a chat. I went to the bathroom and took a shower. I made sure I cleaned myself properly.

 

“So where you do wanna go?” I asked Ji Hoon as we started walking to the bus stop. He had Toto clutched safely under his arm.

“We can go get ice cream?” Ji Hoon grinned widely.

“That sounds nice~” I grinned back at him. He was right. Being out will do me good. I’ve only been out of the boarding house for five minutes and I already feel a little better because of the fresh air. The bus came and Ji Hoon and I got on it. He was being considerate and didn’t ask me anything about Minhyuk. Instead he started conversation with me about something random. I just couldn’t help but laugh.

“Noona~ do you think I should buy another caterpillar stuff toy so Toto can have a friend?” He asked his face serious.
“Yeah maybe you should get a pink one.” I laughed.

“I mean Toto is already friends with Jaehyo hyung’s piglet but I think Toto would want another one.” Ji Hoon carried on.

“Wait- Jaehyo’s piglet?” I inquired.

“Ne. Jaehyo hyung sleeps with a piglet stuff toy. You didn’t know that?”

“I do know!” I laughed out loud.

“See I told you we’ll cheer her up.” Ji Hoon murmured to Toto.

“Thanks maknae~” I smiled warmly at him.

Spending the afternoon with Ji Hoon and Toto was absolute fun. It took my mind off Minhyuk which what I actually needed. We went to get ice cream, we went to a coffee shop and enjoyed a slice of yummy chocolate cake, we bought a box of cupcakes for everyone and we went to the arcades. Somehow Ji Hoon managed to get me to play Dance, Dance Revolution with him. We also played video games and on the way home, we bought some candyfloss. We were walking from the bus stop to the boarding house when I couldn’t eat any more of my candyfloss.

“Ji Hoon-ah, finish this for me,” I said.

“Oh okay. Can you hold Toto for me?” He requested.

So while he finished the candyfloss, I carried Toto with me until we got back to the boarding house. Everyone was gathered in the living room watching TV. They all gave me a smile when they saw me.

“Did you have fun?” Jaehyo asked.

“Yes I did and I found out about your piglet.” I grinned.

Jaehyo’s eyes widened. Ji Hoon and I laughed out loud.

“Kira’s back!!!” Kyung cheered and went to hug me tight.

“Ji Hoon you have something pink on your cheek.” Taeil pointed out.

“Kira go to your bedroom; we’ve got a surprise for you.” Zico smiled.

“No one’s on my bed right?” I joked.

“Come on~” Taeil said and he took my hand. All of us went upstairs to my bedroom. Taeil opened the door and I saw that my room was squeaky clean. But the most noticeable was my bed. My bed sheets and pillow cases were replaced by Hello Kitty ones. I looked at Zico and he grinned proudly.

“Oh thank you guys.” I managed to say.

 

That evening when everyone else were in their bedrooms, I wanted a drink so I tiptoed to the kitchen. I got myself a glass of juice and went to sit down on the kitchen counter. The silence was eerie but then I heard the front door open and close again. Footsteps came closer to the kitchen and I waited to see who would walk in. It was Minhyuk. He stopped in his tracks when he saw me. I felt my cheeks burn and my heart beating fast.

“Hey,” I said my voice shaking.

“Hey,” He replied in a cold tone.

I watched as he took a drink from the fridge. He looked at me and I looked down and avoided him. This is so awkward that I wanted to scream inside.

But really I wanted to go over and him a big bear hug.

“How are--” I looked up but then he was gone.