Chapter 37

Do You Wanna B? ‘Block B Club’.

Previously…

I thought you were gone for good, I sobbed to Jaehyo.
Im sorry Ive put you through all that. Jaehyo hugged me.

Jaehyo shes with me now. Minhyuk pulled me towards him.

Im still her boyfriend. Jaehyo said firmly as he refused to let go of my hand. Kira, come to Taiwan with me…” Jaehyo turned to me.

 

***

 

I looked at Jaehyo and then at Minhyuk. They’re both waiting for my decision and it’s just killing me. No matter what I say and who I pick, the other one will be hurt. I will be hurt too in the process of hurting that other person. I took a deep breath and pulled away from Minhyuk. I smiled at him before I went to face Jaehyo. I grabbed both of his hands and squeezed them. He looked down at me with those beautiful eyes.

“I’m so sorry Jaehyo…” I told him. He looked away and sighed.

“When you were gone, it made me realize that I could be without you.

I know that sounds horrible but that’s what I realized. I can’t be with you anymore. You must believe me that I do love you.” I added.

Jaehyo pulled me into a hug and buried his face into my hair. I hugged him tight too because this might be the last time I would be able to.

“I love you so much Kira… But I guess you belong with Minhyuk hyung.” Jaehyo whispered. I hugged him even tighter as fresh tears rolled out of my eyes which started staining his shirt. Jaehyo kissed my shoulder.

“I ing love you too Jaehyo oppa… I’m so sorry I’m hurting you…” I said.

“Jaehyo-ah, I’m sorry too…” Minhyuk chipped in.

“I’ll find a way to forgive you hyung. But not right now.” Jaehyo replied.

“Will you forgive me oppa?” I looked up at him.

“I can never be angry at you in the first place Kira,” Jaehyo smiled a little.

That moment I understood just how much Jaehyo loved me. I understood how much I meant to him. He’s always been there for me; he looked after me, looked out for me and had been my best friend. He’s a lovely guy. Perfect, even. But he doesn’t me. He could so much better than me.

I watched with a heavy heart as he started to cry a little. I gulped.

“Jaehyo oppa you will be fine. You’re funny, smart and kind. You’ve got everything.” I told him. I meant every word of that sentence too.

“Except you.” He mumbled. My heart ached even more at his words.

“My life was complete with you in it and now it just doesn’t make sense.” He sniffed. I walked closer to him and then placed my hand on his cheek.

“I’m still in your life… I’ll always be your friend I promise.” I told him.

“Thanks…” He smiled slightly. He then faced Minhyuk with a soft glare.

“Minhyuk hyung, I tell you… From today onwards, you must make Kira happy. If you don’t, I’ll strangle you to death. You’d better always remember. Make her happy.” Jaehyo said firmly.

“I know…” Minhyuk replied.

“I’ll be keeping watch by her side.” Jaehyo added.

Minhyuk nodded and placed his arm over my shoulder. Jaehyo wiped his cheeks dry and then took a deep breath.

“I must be off,” Jaehyo declared. I let go of Minhyuk’s hold and ran towards Jaehyo so I could hug him for the last time. He hugged back and then pushed me away gently before stalking off. I sobbed some more.

I’m so sorry Jaehyo… I kept repeating in my head.

I felt Minhyuk’s arms snake around my waist. I turned around and felt weak. Minhyuk caught me and carried me like a baby.

“Me and you yeah?” He murmured and then kissed my cheek.

I smiled at him and pecked his lips.

“Forever…” I said.

***

 

15 years later...

 

“Ji Sung-ah,” I called. No answer. I sighed out loud and dropped my pen.

“Ji Sung-ah…” I called again. I heard his tiny footsteps upstairs. He finally heard me. He tends to ignore me and would rather just play with his toys.

“Your appa will be here soon.” I shouted. “And be careful! Don’t run down the stairs!” I added. I heard him giggling as he went down the stairs.
“Ji Sung-ah where are you?” I was getting impatient.

“I’m here umma… Behind you…” I heard his angelic voice.

I turned around and looked at my two year old son. He was perfect.

“Happy birthday sweetheart…” I scooped him up and hugged him.

“Umma you’re tickling me…” He carried on giggling uncontrollably.

“How old are you today?” I asked him and put him down on his feet.

“Two!!” He grinned widely and jumped up and down.

Just then I heard the front door burst open. Ji Sung heard too and an even wider grin spread across his face. I couldn’t deny the fact that he was a daddy’s boy. He looked at me excitedly and I nodded at him.

“Where’s the birthday boy?” Minhyuk’s voice boomed from the hallway.

“APPA! I’m here! APPA!” Ji Sung jumped up and down.

“GO!” I told him. Ji Sung cheered and ran out to meet his appa.

Yes Minhyuk and I have lasted 15 years and we’re even closer and stronger now. In the space of 15 years, we’ve been married, got a decent house, stable jobs, two cars and had Ji Sung. We’re both 33 years old now and we’re both happy that we’ve settled down. We’re happy with our lives and we couldn’t ask for more. As for our jobs, I work with Minyoung in a nursery school where I also take Ji Sung. Minhyuk on the other hand works for a bank and is soon to be promoted as branch manager.

“Hi yeobo~” Minhyuk kissed me on the cheek.

“I missed you!” I smiled and pulled him in for a proper kiss.

“Umma… Appa…” Ji Sung tugged on our arms. Minhyuk and I pulled away from each other and smiled sheepishly. We looked down at our little boy.
“Ne Ji Sung-ah?” Minhyuk asked him.

“Do I have any presents?” Ji Sung asked with a cute smile. A smile which he got from his appa. He was pretty much a little Minhyuk which means he is one gorgeous little boy and I can’t help but be overly proud.

“Of course you have presents sweetheart!” I picked him up.

“But you can’t open them until your aunt and your uncles arrive which is I hope is soon.” Minhyuk said firmly. Ji Sung nodded in agreement.

As for the other boys yes we are still in contact with them. In fact we are all still the best of friends even though we all took different routes with our lives. Zico and Minyoung are still together. They’ve had their bumps along the way; being in an on and off relationship but in the end, they stuck with each other. Zico is now a music producer working alongside Cho PD and other hip-hop artists. Even though he’s like mega famous and rich now, he’s still the down-to-earth, hilarious and loving Zico (who once had awesome pineapple hair and dreadlocks) I’ve known all my life.

Speaking of being mega famous, my shark oppa made it in the music industry. Taeil oppa is now a famous singer and has released 4 albums and have been doing his own concerts across Asia. Despite his hectic schedule, he still finds time to visit us and hang out with us. When he’s abroad, he never fails to contact us and tell us what he’s been doing and stuff.

Cute, flirty U-Kwon has had plenty of girlfriends through the years but is now actually planning on settling down with his current loving girlfriend. Last week he told me that he would like to propose to her as soon as possible. Anyway U-Kwon is now a dance teacher at Seoul Music School which is perfect since he’s always been the best dancer in the group. Minhyuk picked him as the best man in our wedding.

Jaehyo is now the CEO of his appa’s company and the company now has a branch in Seoul which is good because he didn’t need to stay in Taiwan.

The happy-go-lucky maknae Ji Hoon works for him. Ji Hoon is still Ji Hoon and believe it or not he still has Toto. Ji Hoon is also Ji Sung’s godfather.

Last but not least, my Kyungcumber. He works with Zico at Brandnewstardom and is soon to be a massive producer too.

As for my family, Auntie Yuri had sadly passed away a few years ago. She has been a great help to me and I loved her dearly. We did make sure that her funeral was properly taken care off. On her will, she clearly stated that the boarding house will be mine. So now I’m the one who rents it out to students who goes to Seoul Music High just like me and the boys 15 years ago. I often take Ji Sung with me to the cemetery where Auntie Yuri is buried so that he will know of his wonderful Auntie.

Believe or not I have made contact with my appa a couple of years ago. I decided to forgive and it turned to be one of the best decisions I’ve ever made in my life. He got to spend time with Minhyuk and I and they really got on well. Unfortunately appa passed away just before I gave birth to Ji Sung. I was so devastated that he didn’t even get to meet his grandson.

I punished myself for not making amends with him sooner although I am glad that I still got to spend time with him. Appa is buried in the same cemetery as umma in Busan. I make time to visit them both regularly.

*DING DONG*

“They’re here!!! Umma! Appa!” Ji Sung jumped up and down with glee.

“Calm down Ji Sung…” I chuckled and hugged him tight while Minhyuk went to answer the door. One by one, everyone had walked in in the living room.

“Happy birthday little man!” Zico picked Ji Sung up.

“Uncle Zico!!!!” Ji Sung roared with laughter.

“Hey there’s my little nephew!” Minyoung shrieked.

“Ya you’re not invited.” Minhyuk hissed at his little sister.

“Shut up big brother.” Minyoung rolled her eyes. She then went to play with her nephew who was now on Zico’s shoulder.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY JI SUNG!” U-Kwon and Kyung chorused.

“We’ve got neighbours you know.” Minhyuk chuckled.

“Nice to see you too hyung!” U-Kwon joked.

“NOONA!” Ji Hoon attacked me with a hug.

“JI HOON! I’VE MISSED YOU!” I laughed and hugged him back. “You need a haircut.” I added and ruffled his long, fluffy hair.

“And how’s my Kira baby?” U-Kwon went over to pinch my .

“Ya…” I slapped his hand away.

“Are you pregnant with my baby yet?” He laughed.

“Shut up and give me a hug you.” I pinched his cheeks. He then pulled me into a hug and lifted me off the floor when he squeezed me tight.

“Kwon-ah, where’s Hee Jin?” Minhyuk asked.

“She has to work today~” U-Kwon pouted.

“KYUNGCUMBER! HELLO!” I waved at Kyung.

“Oh my god Kira you’ve gotten fat!” He gasped.

“You only saw me last week!” I gaped.

“I know. And look how much weight you’ve put on!” He roared with laughter. He held on his stomach and nearly fell on the floor laughing.

“Don’t listen to him. You’re perfect.” Minhyuk kissed my cheek.

“Please don’t make me gag.” We heard Jaehyo.

“Oh so your driver found a space to park your limo?” Zico sniggered.

“Hyung how much money do you have in your pocket right now?” Kyung grinned. Jaehyo only smiled, a smile directed at me solely. I smiled at him too and signalled him to come over and give me a hug. He took three long strides to get to me. I looked up at him and sighed. He was once my Prince Jaehyo. I must say that I still have feelings for him. Maybe I’ll always have feelings for him. It’s something that probably won’t go away.

“What’s up Kira?” He flashed me his most gorgeous smile.

“UNCLE JAEHYO! Do you have a present for me?” Ji Sung ran up to him.

“He bought you Disneyland!” Kyung giggled.
“Of course I do. Your uncle Taeil is just getting it out of the car.”

“You asked the celebrity to carry presents?” Minyoung mentioned.

“He may be a celebrity now but he’s still a pushover.” U-Kwon said.

Jaehyo nodded and gave U-Kwon a high five. Taeil finally entered the house carrying a huge rectangular box. Ji Hoon went over to help him.

“Taeil oppa!” I ran up to him when his hands were finally free.

“Hey Kira~” He gave me a quick cuddle.

“What’s in the box?” Minhyuk asked.

“Ji Sung-ssi, why don’t you open it?” Jaehyo said.

Ji Sung ran up to the box and ripped the wrapper off of it with a wide grin on his face. Minyoung started filming him with her video cam while I took endless photos of him. When he finally unwrapped it, he gasped as he that his uncle Jaehyo bought him his first ever bike.

“Uncle Jaehyo, kamsahamnida!” Ji Sung hugged him tightly.

“Anything for you~” Jaehyo smiled warmly.

“Thanks for that Jaehyo…” Minhyuk tapped him on the shoulder.

“No problem hyung,” Jaehyo responded.

Everyone then took turns to give their presents to the happy and excited Ji Sung. He enjoyed every minute opening presents which revealed toys, clothes, games and more toys. Then it was Ji Hoon’s turn.

“I have something very special for you Ji Sung,” He started.

Ji Sung sat in front of him and waited patiently. I couldn’t help but tear up a little bit when I saw Ji Hoon take Toto out of his jacket pocket.

He’s actually going to give precious Toto to his godson!

“But Ji Hoon-ah, you love Toto.” Minhyuk mentioned.

“I know hyung~ but I think it’s time to let go.” Ji Hoon smiled.

“I like him Uncle Ji Hoon,” Ji Sung’s eyes brightened at the sight of the cuddle, green caterpillar stuffed toy.

“He’s been through a lot,” Taeil said referring to Toto.

“And he’s so old that he’s probably deaf now.” Kyung joked.

“Here you go Ji Sung, happy birthday!” Ji Hoon handed Toto away.

Ji Sung immediately hugged Toto with his eyes closed and we all just went “awww” at him. I took photos again and afterwards I saw Ji Hoon looking so uncomfortable. The others noticed too and we all stared at him.

“What’s wrong maknae?” Jaehyo asked.

“I’m sorry-- I can’t…” Ji Hoon blinked. We all watched as he snatched Toto away from Ji Sung very abruptly. Ji Hoon returned Toto back inside his jacket pockets and sighed with relief.

“I thought I could let him go but obviously not.” He said sheepishly.

Ji Sung looked at all of us with a very confused expression.

“Ji Sung-ah, I’ll just buy you something else araso?” Ji Hoon told him.

My little boy understood completely and then hugged his godfather.

After that, Minyoung and I cleaned up all the gift wrappers while the boys took Ji Sung out in the back garden so that he could try his new bike.

“Hey unnie~” Minyoung called.
“Ne?” I replied. There was so much gift wrappers!

“I’ve got some big news to share.” Minyoung said. She started hopping from one foot to another and she’s gone quite red on the face.

“Will I like it?” I smirked at her.

“You might…” She said with barely controlled glee. I know that any time soon she will explode. I held her down and told her to calm down and breathe. But she wasn’t calming down. She had to let it out. Now.

“Go on. Tell me.” I told her.

“You’re going to have a nephew or a niece in 7 months time!” She shrieked and started jumping up and down while I was just frozen on the spot.

“UNNIE! You’re happy right???” Minyoung shook me.

I blinked, closed my mouth and pulled her into a hug.

“I am so very happy!!! OMONA!!!” I squealed.

“Hey yeobo~ where’s the camera? I’m going to take photos of Ji Sung on his bike!” Minhyuk appeared looking so proud and happy.

“MINYOUNG IS PREGNANT!” I blurted out. Minyoung nodded.

I expected Minhyuk to be over the moon for his little sister but no. His face suddenly turned furious. “WOO JI HO!!!!!!!!!” He yelled out.

Zico came running with a smile on his face. Minyoung looked nervous now.

“Ne hyung?” Zico asked innocently.

“You got my little sister pregnant?” Minhyuk inquired.

“Oh ne! You’re going to be an uncle! And Kira you’re going to be an auntie!” Zico waved his arms everywhere cheerfully but then he noticed Minhyuk glaring at him. He suddenly turned very nervous.

“H-hyung… You’re not angry are you? I mean Minyoung is old enough to be pregnant. Heck she’s old to do anything.” Zico pointed out.

“I know that but she’s still my little sister. And you got her pregnant.” Minhyuk hissed through gritted teeth.

“Come on hyung do you really want your son to see violence on his birthday? Let’s settle this some other time yeah?” Zico gulped.

“No, no. Let’s settle this now.” Minhyuk said and started clicking his fingers. The others have started reappearing along with Ji Sung.

“Zico really? You got Minyoung knocked up?” U-Kwon giggled.

“Oh Minhyuk is going to murder you.” Taeil added.

“Nice knowing you Zico.” Kyung chuckled.

“Stop it,” Minyoung just shook her head in disbelief.

“Go on hyung,” Jaehyo cheered Minhyuk on.

“Ji Sung-ah, did you hear that? You’re going to have a cousin!” Ji Hoon carried Ji Sung in his arms. Minhyuk is now preparing to run after Zico.

“Come here Zico, let me strangle you.” Minhyuk said.

“Please hyung-- I wanna live to see my child!” Zico pleaded.

And by that, Minhyuk ran after Zico around the house until he got tired.

Some things just never change…

 

Author’s Note:

I know that 45% of yous wouldn’t like this ending. I do apologize.

But to the other 50% of yous (5% are U-Kira/other shippers); I do hope that you are pleased with this ending. (Please don’t bash me, that’s not hip-hop!).

I tried my best you guys! I considered writing two endings but I decided against it because in real life you can’t have two happy endings. But yeah you get my drift. I hope.

 

Thanks again for all of your support! This has been my most successful fic ever.

In the future I plan to write another Block B fic. So please watch out for it! ^-^

 

So yeah~ I’ll shut up now. Ha. I love you all! *cuddles & cookies*

 

Thank you! Kamsahamnida! Xie xie! Arigato gozaimasu! Salamat! Merci! Gracias! Gratzie!

 

~ {JL}

 

Thank you for getting this story featured!!! I am so happy and grateful. -bows-

I can't thank you all enough <3