Chapter 27

Do You Wanna B? ‘Block B Club’.

2 weeks later…

 

{KIRA’S POV}

 

I was in the living room playing Scrabble with Jaehyo while the others were playing in the garden. I was writing my score down on my little notebook when I heard Jaehyo chuckle to himself. I looked at him weirdly.

“What’s so funny?” I asked him curiously.

“Look,” He smiled. He then arranged some of the lettered tiles on the board making different words from the ones we made earlier.

I looked at it and smiled when I read “JAERA” (Jaehyo & Kira). I grabbed his hand from across the table and squeezed it. I saw him blush like a beetroot.

“It’s your turn,” He looked away from me. I took my hand back as he rearranged the letters on the board to the way it was before.

“Jaehyo…” I barely whispered.

“Hmmm?” He responded still not looking at me.

“Do you-- do you still have--” I gulped. “Do you still have feelings for me?”

His eyes widened and he stopped everything that he was doing. He looked straight into my eyes and he looked nervous all of a sudden.

“I have to go~” He blurted out. He wasn’t blinking.

“Where are you going?” I asked feeling stupid for asking him that.

“I have to umm… do something… I’ll see you later!” He said and walked away as fast as he could. Well done for making things awkward Kira!

“Okay~ bye…” I called after him even though I know he didn’t hear me.

I heard the front door slam so I started putting the Scrabble stuff back into the box. I mentally slapped myself a million times. I wish I didn’t ask him that question. Aish~ how can I be so stupid??!
Just then Ji Hoon walked in the living room and gave me a back hug.

“Happy birthday noona~” He murmured.

“Thank you maknae, you’ve greeted me about 87 times now.” I laughed.

“Can I watch TV?” He grinned cheekily.

“Of course you can.” I laughed some more.

Taeil walked in with a grin on his face. I looked at him and cocked my head to the side. He started rubbing the back of his neck. He wants something.

“Hello Taeil oppa, what’s up?” I asked him.

“Can you come to the supermarket with me? I still need a few stuff for your birthday dinner tonight,” He requested trying to do aegyo.

“There’s no need to do aegyo oppa, I’ll come with you.” I chuckled.

“You can’t ask noona to go to the supermarket! It’s her birthday! She should just be relaxing and having fun!” Ji Hoon mentioned.

“Well Ji Ho won’t come with me,” Taeil pouted.

“I really don’t mind oppa, come on.” I smiled at Taeil. “Ji Hoon-ah, just watch TV araso?” I continued. I giggled when I saw the maknae watching cartoons. Taeil thanked me and we left the boarding house as soon as possible. Being with Taeil alone was always fun. He wasn’t a prankster like Kyung nor he was as funny as Ji Hoon but he is sensible, sensitive and caring. He is also very adorable in his own way that’s why I love him.

When we got to the supermarket, I noticed that Taeil was picking up the most random stuff. He picked up a pair of tweezers, scotch tape, 3 pairs of white socks and a box of staples. All of the stuff was in different sections of the supermarket and I got the idea that Taeil might just be killing time. But for what? I followed as he picked up a bar of soap and a packet of raisins. I’m pretty sure he’s not going to put raisins on any of the food he’s going to prepare tonight and besides I hate raisins. Something’s up.

“Oppa you said you needed stuff for dinner? Please tell me you’re not going to be using that stuff…” My brows furrowed.

“Oh-- uh… the other guys wanted me to buy these…” He said pointing at the random stuff in his basket. I was getting really suspicious.

“Lee Taeil what is going on?” I demanded putting my hands on my hips.

He started to sweat and he glanced at his watch.

“Oh ga ja, let’s pay for this now.” He said and totally ignored my question. We went through the checkouts where he paid for all the stuff. On the way home he still wouldn’t tell me what is going on. When we walked in the boarding house, I noticed that it was very quiet. Very unusually quiet.

“We’re back!” I shouted but no one answered.

The floor creaked as I walked in the hallway to get to the living room.

SURPRISE!!!” Everyone suddenly shouted. Party poppers burst in my face as I tried to take everything in. The living room was decorated with happy birthday banners and twinkly lights. There were balloons everywhere and high stack of nicely wrapped presents were in a corner. Ji Hoon, Zico, Minyoung, Kyung, U-Kwon and Taeil started singing happy birthday.
“Oh thank you guys, you didn’t need to go through all this trouble.” I told them sincerely. Ji Hoon came over and hugged me tight. When he let me go, Kyung came over and lifted me up and swung me around.

“Kira baby~ I’d like you to meet Rainee. My girlfriend.” U-Kwon smiled.

A very cute, petite girl about Minyoung’s age offered her hand to me.

She had a very pretty face, brown hair that came past her shoulders and an eye smile that made me smile. Appearance wise, she was good enough for my U-Kwon oppa. I wonder if her personality is nice as her looks.

“Lee Rainee imnida. Nice to meet you Kira unnie! U-Kwon oppa have told me lots about you!” She told me cheerfully.

“Inoue Kira imnida. Nice to finally meet you. Thank you for making Kwon happy.” I told her truthfully. I saw U-Kwon blush like a beetroot.

Zico pulled me away from U-Kwon and Rainee abruptly. Kyung had put his iPod on and loud hip-hop music blared in the boarding house.

“Put this on birthday girl!” Zico grinned and put on a party hat on me.

“YOU KNOW WHAT IT IS! BRACKEN YELLOW, BRACKEN YELLOW, BRACKEN YELLOW!” Kyung and the other boys started singing along to the song.

I looked around the room and somehow I wasn’t completely happy because he wasn’t here to celebrate my birthday with me.

“Hey, where’s Minhyuk?” I asked. The boys exchanged worried glances.

“Please tell me?” I pursed my lips at them.

“Sorry Kira. Minhyuk hyung is at Chani’s house.” Kyung answered.

“Oh…” My heart sank. I then heard the front door open.

“Hyo! Where have you been?” Taeil asked Jaehyo.

“I picked up Kira’s present.” Jaehyo replied. He walked over to me and handed me a pink rectangular box.

“Oppa you didn’t have to get me anything…” I blushed.

“Open it,” Jaehyo smiled at me warmly. I opened the box and inside was sparkly, pretty bracelet. I gasped when I remember where I saw it before.

It was the same bracelet I saw in this expensive jewelry shop I passed when I was shopping a few weeks ago. I told Jaehyo about it and I can’t believe he bought it for me. What a very sweet gesture, I thought.

“OMONA~ this is the bracelet!” I shrieked.

“Can I put it on you?” Jaehyo requested.

“Yes, yes of course.” I grinned. He took the bracelet out of the box and then he placed it on my right wrist. To be honest it looked nice on me.

“Well our presents are gonna look cheap next to that.” Kyung commented.

“You guys didn’t need to get me anything!” I said.

“Shut up Kira~” Zico chuckled.

 

My surprise birthday party carried on after my actual planned birthday dinner. I wanted to help out in the kitchen but Taeil told me off so I went to the living room where the rest were. Kyung was still playing hip-hop songs from his iPod while MiCo was dancing goofily in the middle of the room. U-Kwon and Rainee were sitting down on the sofa looking cosy with each other. To be honest, they did look like a cute couple. And based on what I’ve seen and heard so far, Rainee isn’t so bad. Maybe she is worthy of U-Kwon. Ji Hoon was begging Kyung to play Sandara Park’s song while Jaehyo was asking Kyung to play a song by A-Pink. Kyung however wasn’t budging.

Taeil finished in the kitchen and soon joined the rest of us in the living room. He started a game which involved a balloon. It will be passed around and the balloon shouldn’t at any cost touch the floor. Just then I saw Minyoung whispering to Zico and then pointing at Jaehyo.

“Jaehyo hyung, why do you have a bandage on your wrist?” Zico asked.

“You didn’t have that earlier today.” Minyoung added.

Taeil caught the balloon and hugged it, waiting for Jaehyo to talk.

“I, uh. It’s nothing.” Jaehyo stuttered. Kyung stopped the music.

“Did you get hurt hyung?” U-Kwon asked.

“A little actually,” Jaehyo answered this time more confidently.

“What happened??” Taeil demanded.

“Don’t worry, I just got a tattoo.” Jaehyo blurted out.

“What?” The rest of us chorused. Even Rainee who was new to the group was shocked by what Jaehyo had just said.

“Why would you get a tattoo hyung?” Kyung inquired.

“I just wanted one okay.” Jaehyo snapped.

“Did you pay for it?” Zico asked.

“Ne. I’ve got the money for it anyway.” Jaehyo responded.

“But why did you pay someone to scar your skin for life?” Ji Hoon tutted.

“Can I see it?” I chipped in.

“Oh yeah I wanna see it. What did you get? Barbwire?” Minyoung grinned.

“Ya you guys might be forgetting that Jaehyo hyung is a . He probably just got a henna tattoo…” U-Kwon giggled.

“It’s not henna,” Jaehyo said defensively.

“Let’s see it then!” Taeil ordered.

“Fine.” Jaehyo sighed. He then removed the bandage off of his left wrist carefully. He flinched a little when he hit his fresh tattoo. It was just a simple tattoo, the letters “KR” in fancy font writing.

“KR?” Minyoung questioned.

“KR as in Kira noona’s initials?” Ji Hoon gasped.

Everyone’s eyes widened. My jaw dropped on the floor.

Jaehyo wouldn’t get a tattoo of my initials. Wait, would he?

“Aniya, KR as in Korea.” Jaehyo said nervously.

“Bull.” Kyung commented with a snigger.

“Does that really mean Kira?” U-Kwon asked. I looked at Jaehyo.

“Yes, yes it does.” He answered. Everyone gasped.

“That is actually so sweet.” Taeil mentioned.

“It is a bit stupid but it is romantic also.” Kyung added.

Everyone then looked at me and waited for my reaction. Instead of talking, I walked over to Jaehyo, grabbed his hand and pulled him out to the garden. I slid the door closed and made sure that no one was around.
“Why did you do that?” I asked pointing at his tattoo.

“Answering your earlier question, yes I still have feelings for you. Strong feelings. Kira I still love you.” Jaehyo blurted out. My heartbeat accelerated and there were automatic butterflies in my stomach that were going crazy.

I thought about Minhyuk who didn’t even care to be here on my birthday. Then there’s Jaehyo who think the world of me. The person who has been nice to me from the start. Why am I pining over Minhyuk who’s not even here to simply greet me a happy birthday? It’s time things change…

Jaehyo looked down on his feet. I grabbed his hand and held it.

“I love you too Jaehyo.” I declared.

Jaehyo looked up at me with wondering eyes. I smiled at him.

“What did you say?” He gulped. I tightened my hold of his hand.

“I said I love you too. Ahn Jaehyo I love you.” I repeated.

He couldn’t contain his happiness. He pulled me in for a hug and twirled me around the garden. I couldn’t help but giggle like a child. Once he returned to reality, he put me down and held me on my arms.

“Are you actually saying those words Inoue Kira?” He asked.

“I’ll say it again shall I? I. LOVE. YOU. JAEHYO.” I grinned.

And by that he grinned widely, cupped my face with his hands and kissed me lovingly on the lips. At first it felt weird but it was good weird.

I was kissing my best friend Jaehyo who has done nothing but love me all this time. Now I was returning his feelings.

 

{MINHYUK’S POV}

It’s Kira’s birthday and I’m not even there to celebrate it with her and the others. A month ago I bought her a necklace which I thought I would give her on her birthday. That is still in my bedroom at the boarding house.

I want to give it to her still but I wonder if she’s going to take it.

“Hey are you okay?” Chani nudged me, breaking my train of thoughts.

“You’ve been distracted since you got here… I know my room is a bit messy today… How are you?” She asked me.

“I’m okay~” I replied flatly.

“You’re thinking of her again are you?” She sighed in disbelief.

I looked at her and her face was full of disappointment. I felt bad.

“I’m sorry. It’s her birthday today and I haven’t greeted her or anything.” I explained. I felt my phone in my pocket and had the urge to text Kira. But I thought it would be better if I got to greet her personally.

“Minhyuk oppa I think we both know that you don’t wanna be here with me…” Chani stated, her eyes watering. I grabbed her hand.

“What are you talking about? I love being with you.” I told her.

“It’s obvious that you still want Kira… You should go back to her… Tell her you want her back… That’s what you want…” Chani said.

She was right. I did want Kira back. I wanted my girlfriend back more than anything else. I pulled Chani into a hug and kissed her on the cheek.

“I’ll see you later. Thank you.” I whispered to her.

I didn’t waste any time and got out of her house. I didn’t bother waiting for a bus so I just power walked back to the boarding house. My mind racing and my legs doing the best they can, I keep thinking of scenarios of what Kira would say once I tell her that I want her back. It’d be the second time I would ask her if me and her could get back together. I just hope she won’t reject me twice. But still, anything could open. She could tell me that she doesn’t want me back like before or she could smile at me and hug me tight and she would tell me that she loves me and I will tell that I love her so much. We wouldn’t have broken up in the first place. I just wish I fought for our relationship harder rather than letting it slip away just like that. I got to the boarding house and everyone was in a full on party mood. I saw U-Kwon kissing some girl by the stairs. I didn’t disturb them. Everyone else apart from Jaehyo and Kira were in the living room. I walked in and all their eyes widened like they have seen a ghost.

“It’s me Minhyuk…” I rolled my eyes at them.

“Hyung, what are you doing here?” Zico asked.

“We thought you were at Chani’s house?” Kyung inquired.

“I was but I am here now. Where’s Kira? I’ve got to ask her something…” I asked and scanned the living room thoroughly just in case I missed her.

“She’s in the garden with Jaehyo hyung,” Ji Hoon answered.

“But you don’t wanna go there right now.” Taeil hyung said.
“Wae??” My forehead creased in frustration.

“You should just wait until she comes back.” Minyoung added.

“But I want to talk to her now.” I insisted.

“But hyung! Patience is a virtue!” Ji Hoon yelped.

“Maknae is right!” Taeil hyung nodded.

“I don’t care what you lot say, I’m gonna go and talk to her now.” I said.

I walked away from them and made my way to the garden. Without opening the slide door I looked through and what I saw left my heart into broken pieces once again. They were kissing. Jaehyo and Kira were kissing.

Here I was wanting her back but she’s busy kissing someone else. How could I be so stupid to think that she wanted me back too? Maybe that’s why she didn’t want to get back together with me. Cos she had a thing for Jaehyo. Come to think of it, she’d always had a thing for Jaehyo. I looked away from them and thundered back to the living room.

“What happened?” Taeil hyung asked worriedly.

The others looked at me and waited for my answer.

“Well just to let you all know… Kira and I are never getting back together…” I announced in a grave tone. Every word of that sentence hurt me like someone is stabbing on my chest a million times.

“What? Wae??” Minyoung gasped.

“It seems like her and Jaehyo are together now.” I answered.

Everyone was speechless but they didn’t look that surprised. They were probably expecting that to happen sooner or later.

“I’ll see you all later…” I told them and walked out of the living room.

“See you later Kwon~” I called out to U-Kwon who was still busy playing tonsil tennis with that girl by the stairs.

Once I got out of the boarding house, tears escaped my eyes but I quickly wiped them away as there were a few passers by on the street. I didn’t bother taking the bus again because at first I didn’t know where to go.

But when I realized where I wanted to be, I started walking fast. When I got there, I stood in front of the house and pondered for a moment if I was doing the right thing. Well since Kira has moved on, I think I should too.

I knocked on the front door and Chani’s umma opened it for me.

“She’s still in her bedroom just like you left her…” She smiled at me.

“Thank you~” I replied and climbed up the stairs to go to Chani’s room.

I opened her bedroom door carefully and peeked in to see what she’s doing. She was on her bed, lying on her stomach while reading a magazine.

“Chani-ah,” I called out to her. She was startled upon hearing my voice.

“Oppa! You’re back!” She grinned widely at me. She was now sat cross legged on her bed. I closed her bedroom door and walked towards her.

I sat down close to her and looked into her eyes.
“I thought--” She said but I stopped her by kissing her pretty lips.

I her cheek lovingly and brushed some of the hair away from her face. When our lips parted, both of us were blushing like mad.

We stared at each other for a couple of minutes in silence.

“You’re the one I want now…” I told her before kissing her once again.

{END OF MINHYUK’S POV}