Chapter 20.

Do You Wanna B? ‘Block B Club’.

A few days later…

 

Jaehyo and I just walked through the front door. Another busy day of school has finished. Minhyuk is still back at the school having his piano lessons. I would have stayed behind with him but his teacher thinks he gets distracted by me. “Do you think Zico is out shopping with Taeil oppa?” I asked Jaehyo as we took our shoes off. He answered with a shrug and then a yawn.

“Ya Jaehyo oppa, you’ve been staying up late again haven’t you?” I asked.

Every time I’d get up from bed at early hours to get a drink, I would hear sounds coming from his bedroom. He would still be awake watching TV, listening to music or talking to people on the phone. I don’t even know who he’s talking to. I can see the tiredness in his eyes and I don’t like it.

“I think I’ve got insomnia that’s all.” He replied simply. He took my jacket from me and hanged it on the wall along with his jacket.

“Warm milk would help,” I told him.

“I’ll try that~” He smiled and then put an arm over my shoulder.

“Do you want anything to eat?” I asked him.

“Aniya, I’ll wait for dinner.” He said. We both walked though the kitchen and found Zico sitting down on one of the chairs and writing furiously on a piece of paper. His brows were furrowed and his tip of his tongue was hanging out from the side of his mouth. He looked weirdly cute.

“Hey oppa, you not shopping today?” I greeted him.

“Anio. I’m writing a letter…” He replied without looking at me.

“A love letter for Minyoung to be exact.” Jaehyo chipped in.

“Oh so you’re still trying to woo her, huh? How’s that going?” I asked as I took the seat in front of him. Jaehyo sat beside me.

“Not good Kira. She won’t talk to me. I don’t even know what she does to the gifts I’ve sent her…” Zico put his pen down and then pouted.

“We girls needs more time than you think…” I said sympathetically.

“I know and I’ll give her all the time she needs but I just wish she would at least talk to me. Even just by texting me back… I miss really her~” He pouted some more. I held his hand across the table.

“You are so cheesy.” Jaehyo rolled his eyes.

“You’re calling me cheesy? Oh I wonder who was the one who kept sulking when Kira and Minhyuk hyung got together. Who was the one who kept quoting songs because he was so heartbroken?? OH THAT WAS YOU!” Zico pointed a finger at Jaehyo while the latter just blushed violently.

“Hello Kitty freak!” Jaehyo shouted at Zico.

“Ulzzang wannabe!” Zico shouted back at the pretty boy.

“Ya there’s nothing wrong with that,” Jaehyo said.

“Well there’s nothing wrong with being a Hello Kitty freak either.” Zico said. I started laughing at their lame argument.

“There is if you are a guy which you are!” Jaehyo shouted again.

“I’m sorry if I’m in touch with my feminine side! Is that such a crime?!” Zico yelled. I covered my mouth with my hand because I was cracking up.

“I’m sorry if I like taking beautiful pictures of myself! Is that such a crime?” Jaehyo yelled back. If they carry on, I might pee in my skirt from laughter.

“Kira why are you laughing?” Zico asked dumfounded.

“We’re having a mature argument here and you’re there laughing like a lunatic…” Jaehyo said with distress in his voice.

“That? That wasn’t a mature argument! That was very childish!” I said.

“I guess some people are just not ready to grow up and live in the real world.” Zico shook his head in disbelief. Jaehyo nodded in agreement.

Wait, what???!” I gasped.

“It’s okay Kira, so you don’t understand how to act around two adults. That’s fine… you’re still a child…” Zico said tapping my hand.

“Just don’t forget, you’re gonna have to grow up sooner or later.” Jaehyo added. I looked at them in total confusion. I know they’re making fun of me but I’m just thinking of a witty reply. As I was silent for a couple of seconds, they both started to laugh like hyenas. I grabbed Zico’s pen and threw it at him which he easily dodged then I hit Jaehyo on the arm repeatedly. They continued on laughing at me as U-Kwon walked in the kitchen.

“Kira baby! Give me a hug while Minhyuk is not here!” He grinned.

I giggled and then went over to give him a hug. But what he gave me wasn’t a hug, it was a squeeze. He also buried his face in my hair in the process.

“U-Kwon-- I-- can’t-- breathe!!!” I yelped.

“Oh sorry,” He grinned sheepishly. He let me go and he went over to Zico.

“How’s that love letter for Minyoung? Have you finished it?” He asked.

“I’ve got some good stuff written here actually,” Zico answered confidently. U-Kwon sat down beside him and Zico picked up the paper.

“Let’s hear it then!” U-Kwon urged him. Zico cleared his throat.

Dear Minyoung,” He started. “That’s it, that’s all I got hyung! I’m hopeless! HELP ME!!!” Zico said in a whiny voice.

“She’s really going to like that letter…” Jaehyo sniggered. U-Kwon covered his face with his hands. He obviously expected more from the leader.

“I can’t write love letters… Can I just rap my feelings for her?” Zico said.

“NO!” U-Kwon and Jaehyo chorused. Zico slumped in his seat.

“Ya why not? A rap? I think that’s nice~” I chipped in. The boys all looked at me like I’ve said something in complete gibberish.

“There’s no need for that--” Minyoung appeared by the kitchen door.

We all looked at her in surprise. How long has she been standing there?!

“Minyoung!!” Zico gasped. His eyes sparkled and I could see he was happy.

“Hi oppa~” She replied shyly. Zico blushed at the term oppa.

“Zico wrote a one-sentence love letter for you!” Jaehyo said.

“And I didn’t have anything to do with it!” U-Kwon defended himself.

Zico took the piece of paper and then balled it up.

“Zico oppa, can we talk? In private?” Minyoung murmured. Zico ran to her side quickly. I nudged U-Kwon and Jaehyo and they got the message.

“Let’s go to the garden,” Zico said and then ushered Minyoung out of the kitchen to the garden. Jaehyo, U-Kwon and I went out to the hallway.

“I wanna eavesdrop on them!!” Jaehyo puffed his cheeks out.

“Me too!!” U-Kwon grunted.

“Andwae!” I pinched both of their cheeks hard.

Just then, Taeil walked through the front door followed by Ji Hoon. They were both carrying shopping bags. Kyung also arrived a few minutes later along with Minhyuk. After Taeil and Ji Hoon took care of the grocery stuff, they returned to the hallway where the rest of us were.

“What’s going on with Zico and Minyoung?” Taeil asked.

“Sounds like they’re having a very serious conversation.” Ji Hoon added.

“A serious conversation you probably won’t know anything about!” Kyung said while flicking the maknae on the tip of his nose. The maknae flinched.

“Ya! I can understand serious conversation,” Ji Hoon mused.

“No you can’t.” Minhyuk said after flicking Ji Hoon. “So why are we not listening in on them?” He added.

“Because Kira doesn’t want us to.” Jaehyo answered flicking Ji Hoon.

“Party pooper!” U-Kwon flicked Ji Hoon and stuck his tongue out at me.

“Can you all please stop flicking Ji Hoon?!” I screeched. Ji Hoon meowed.

“We cannot listen to their conversation.” Taeil said.

“Thank you Taeil oppa.” I smiled at him.

“YOU CAN’T STOP ME!!!!!!” Kyung chuckled and then ran to the kitchen.

“YA VELCRO HAIR COME BACK HERE!” I shouted after him.

“If Kyung is going, then I’ll go to!” U-Kwon dashed off.

“Ya wait for me!!” Jaehyo followed him immediately.

“U-Kwon! Jaehyo! Aish!” I sighed in frustration. Taeil looked frustrated too.

“Noona- we might as well…” Ji Hoon pouted cutely at me.

“Go on then!” I frowned. Minhyuk started laughing.

“Kira you know you wanna eavesdrop too…” He whispered.

I looked at Taeil and he was just grinning at me. I smiled sheepishly.

Without saying another word, the three of us went to the kitchen and found the others actually eavesdropping on Zico and Minyoung’s conversation. Kyung and Ji Hoon’s faces were squished against the window while Jaehyo and U-Kwon had pressed their ears against it so they could hear properly.

I saw Zico and Minyoung sitting down on the porch and talking. It did look serious. I hope Minyoung wasn’t breaking Zico’s heart.

None of us were talking so we could all hear their conversation clearly.

“Thank you so much for the gifts you’ve been sending me,” Minyoung said.

“You’re welcome, do you like them?” Zico asked nervously.

“Of course I do. They’re all in my bedroom.” Minyoung smiled.

“Hmm I haven’t been in your bedroom… Yet…” Zico joked.

“For sake Zico,” Minhyuk grumbled and then walked away.

“Anyway oppa, I just wanted to know if--” Minyoung gulped.

“Guys this it! Sshhh!!” Jaehyo declared.

“I feel like we need a bucket of popcorn…” Ji Hoon said.

“SHUSH!!!!!!!!!” The boys chorused and then flicked the poor maknae.

“If you still wanted me to be your girlfriend??” Minyoung blushed.

Zico looked taken aback but he looked happy. Oh so happy.

“Get in there Zico.” U-Kwon smiled widely.

“I do. Wae?” Zico asked trying to act cool.

“Cos I want you to be my boyfriend.” Minyoung blushed some more.

All of us apart from Minhyuk (who was raiding the fridge) all went, “aww!”

Zico quickly grabbed Minyoung for an embrace. They were suited for each other and everyone knew it. I’m glad Minyoung finally realized that too.

“So you’re my boyfriend now?” Minyoung asked.

“If you want me to be~” Zico smiled.

“I do. Do you want to be my boyfriend?” Minyoung grinned.

“Ne…” Zico blushed like a beetroot.

“Oh! Oh look! They’re going to have their first kiss!” Ji Hoon shrieked.

Zico and Minyoung leaned closer to each other and indeed, kissed for the first time. It was so cute. U-Kwon started wolf-whistling while Taeil was clapping. I looked for Minhyuk and he was sitting down on the kitchen counter eating a chocolate cupcake.

“Oppa, come here! Look at them! They’re so cute!” I told him.

“No thanks. I really don’t want to see my little sister exchanging saliva with Zico.” He grimaced. The others fell about laughing.

“They’re not using tongues yet don’t worry~” Kyung chuckled.

“Wait- when you kiss someone, you exchange saliva with them?!” Ji Hoon asked innocently. I clutched my stomach from laughing too hard.

“Yes Ji Hoon.” Minhyuk answered in a flat tone.

“Ew… I’m never going to do that!” The maknae made a disgusted face.

“Ya since Zico and Minyoung are a couple now, we should make a couple name for them~” Taeil suggested.

“Ne! Like MinhyuKira!” Ji Hoon cheered.

“I personally think U-Kira sounds better,” U-Kwon winked at me.

“Shut it U-Kwon.” Minhyuk glared at him.

“Or JaeKira…” Jaehyo murmured to himself.

“How about ZiYoung?” Taeil suggested.

“I don’t like it.” I answered bluntly.

MinCo?” Ji Hoon suggested.

“It sounds like something you drink when you have diarrhea!” Kyung laughed. Oh the poor maknae always playfully bullied by his hyungs.

“How about MiCo?” I suggested.

“I like that…” Taeil smiled.

“Me too… It’s got a ring to it.” Jaehyo added.

“YA MICO! KEEP IT QUIET UP THERE! Yeah it sounds good,” Kyung grinned.

“MiCo and MinhyuKira… How about U-Kwon?” U-Kwon pouted cutely.

“You are forever alone…” Minhyuk smirked.