Chapter 4.

Do You Wanna B? ‘Block B Club’.

The final bell rang and I stood up from my seat cheerfully. First day of school is out of the way! Jaehyo and I walked out of the classroom together and then out of the school. As we walked past girls, they would swoon and blush when Jaehyo looks at them. When it came to me, they shot me death glares. They’re probably be wondering why someone like me is hanging out with a gorgeous boy like Jaehyo.

“Will the others be back at the boarding house?” I asked Jaehyo.

“Only Kyung will be home, the others have stuff to do.” He answered.

“Taeil hyung and Zico will be shopping, Minhyuk hyung have piano lessons, and U-Kwon has dance class while Ji Hoon will be in drama.” He continued.

“How comes you don’t have anything to do after school?” I said.

“I do. I have to make sure you get home safe.” He smiled warmly. I felt my cheeks burn. When we got to the boarding house, Jaehyo had asked to see my violin so we went up to my bedroom and then I showed it to him.

My violin is the most precious thing that I own and I don’t let anyone touch it.

“Can you play something for me?” Jaehyo requested.

“Eh? In front of you?” I gulped.

“Ne! Please?” He grinned at me.

“And for me too!” Kyung walked in to my bedroom.

“Oh but-- I’m no good.” I blushed like a beetroot.

“Just play something Kira,” Kyung urged me on.

“You don’t want Kyung getting bored.” Jaehyo laughed.

And so I played in front of them. I played them one of my compositions which I called “The wings of a dragonfly and a butterfly”. It was only a short composition but I’m proud of it. It’s nothing special but I wrote that piece for my mum before she passed away which makes it special for me.

When I finished playing it, I couldn’t help but feel emotional and then I started tearing up. Jaehyo and Kyung looked at each other worriedly.

“Mian, mian…” I told them while I quickly rubbed my eyes.

“Hey you’re ruining your make-up,” Kyung said as he took a handkerchief out of his pocket and then started wiping my tear stained cheeks gently.

“Are you okay?” Jaehyo asked me.

“I’m okay. Sorry, I just remembered something.” I sighed.

“You’re a great violinist you know.” Kyung commented.
 

“I agree. You’re very talented Kira,” Jaehyo added.

 

One week later, I woke up because of someone banging on my bedroom door. I yawned and then rubbed my eyes before the sunlight streaming from the windows hit my face. I looked at my alarm clock and it was 8:30 am.

“Oh my !” I shouted. School starts in half an hour and I’m nowhere ready.

Without bothering on fixing myself, I opened the front door. It was Taeil.

“Were all running late,” He announced.

“My alarm clock didn’t go off!” I said.

“Don’t worry, go get a shower quick.” He said. I nodded at him.

I grabbed my towel and then sprinted down the stairs. When I reached the bathrooms, there was a queue! Ji Hoon and Jaehyo were queuing for the first one while Minhyuk and Kyung were queuing for the other one.

“Zico! Hurry up! You’ve been there for nearly an hour!” Minhyuk shouted.

There was no reply from Zico. I decided I’ll queue for the bathroom where U-Kwon is in now. It seems like Zico would be taking forever.

“Hey Kira, did you have a good sleep?” Jaehyo asked me.

“Wonderful,” I replied quickly. Just then, U-Kwon came out of the bathroom, steam following him. He was yet again, shirtless and only had a towel around his waist. I wanted to look but I didn’t so I just looked down on the floor when he walked past me.

“Morning Kira!” He called.

“Morning oppa!” I responded without looking at him. I heard him chuckle.

“I knew buying him a bathrobe won’t be any use.” Jaehyo grumbled.

“Hyung quit your complaining and go get in the shower!” Ji Hoon yelled and then pushed Jaehyo inside the bathroom.

“Wait- Kira do you want to go first?” Jaehyo asked.

“Aniya, you go!” I said while shaking my head.

“Hyung, break the door down. I can’t wait any longer.” Kyung told Minhyuk.

“That’s it. ZICO OPEN THE ING DOOR!” Minhyuk screamed.

The door flew open and then steam came out. Zico walked out looking relaxed, wearing a bathrobe and a towel wrapped around his head.

“FINALLY!” Minhyuk growled and then slammed the door shut on us.

“Gotta keep the hair clean you know.” Zico grinned at me.

 

Living 5 minutes away from school is actually a good thing. When we get there, the bell just rang so none of us were late for class. It was a Monday so Minhyuk and I had P.E. while the other boys went off to Textiles. Unlike last week where we did absolutely nothing in P.E., today we were actually doing something- running around the school grounds for no reason. Apparently it will keep us fit but I didn’t care, I hated running. I don’t run whatsoever.

So when our doofus of a teacher told us to change into our P.E. kits, I was slow as a turtle to kill time. My other classmates only spent about 5 minutes in the changing room while I’ve been here for about 15 minutes now. When I finished putting my hair up in a neat ponytail, I decided to get out of the changing room. Maybe a few minutes of jogging won’t kill me. As I walked out, the empty hallway greeted me. I was just about to go out into the field when I suddenly heard a yelp and something hitting the lockers. I craned my neck to look at the sudden commotion. My eyes widened when I saw Kyung on the ground, his back against the lockers and 3 boys towering over him.

“You think you’re always so funny huh?” One of the boys glared at Kyung.

“I’ll tell you what’s funny! Your stupid hair!” Another one shouted.

Kyung kept quiet as one of the boys, kicked him on the leg. I can’t believe that something like this actually happens inside the school. Awful.
 

“Give me your lunch money!” One of the boys shouted again.

Lunch money? Seriously? What is he 12?! Kyung was just about to reach in his pockets to get his money when I walked towards the three bullies.

“Oi wankers!” I shouted at them. They turned around and then gave me goofy smiles. I grimaced at them.

“Hello gorgeous,” One of them winked at me. Please, U-Kwon is the only one allowed to wink at me!

“What are you doing bullying Velcro hair? He’s mine to bully!” I shouted.

“Kira--” Kyung yelped.

“Oh so class clown here is being saved by a girl huh?!” One of them sniggered. Kyung looked down in embarrassment.

“You’re the new student right? You’re y…” Another said and then leaned his disgusting face on mine. When he puckered his lips, I kicked him in the shin really hard. As a result, he fell on the floor while rubbing his shin.

“Leave Kyung alone.” I said through gritted teeth.

“Kira, let’s go!” Kyung said as he stood behind me. The leader of the 3 boys walked towards me and then put his fist up in the air ready to punch me. I was prepared to take the punch when suddenly Kyung stood in front of me. He got punched instead. Kyung lay on the floor, his nose bleeding.

“You deserve that clown.” The leader smirked.

“You are going to pay for that you ing face.” I hissed.

“Kira--” Kyung called worriedly.

“Oh yeah, how?!” The leader asked in a mocking tone. I took three strides so that I was in front of him. He looked down at me with a smirk and before he knew it, I already kneed his balls. He groaned in pain and his 2 minions had to carry him to the nurse’s office. I smiled triumphantly.

“Kyung are you okay?” I asked Kyung quickly.

“I’m okay, thank you for that.” He said as he wiped the blood off his nose.

“Don’t mention it,” I smiled at him. He then stood up and then gave me a hug. I hugged him back and just then, Minhyuk appeared and I giggled when I saw him in his P.E. kit which was a white t-shirt and a pair of tracksuit bottoms. He looked good I thought.

“Ya Kira! Teacher has been looking for you!” He announced.

“I needed to deal with something.” I said.
 

Minhyuk nodded and then looked at Kyung’s bloody nose.

“What happened to you??” He asked astounded.

“I walked through a locker.” Kyung lied.

“Idiot.” Minhyuk muttered under his breath.

 

After school that day, I hurriedly walked back to the boarding house. I wanted to talk to Kyung and ask him about something.

“Ya what’s the rush?” Jaehyo asked me.

“I just want to talk to Kyung,” I told him. As he locked the front door, I already sprinted up the stairs and then knocked on Kyung’s bedroom.

“It’s open!” He shouted from the inside. I walked in and saw him sitting down on his study table. He was busy doing something on his laptop. When I looked at the screen, I saw that he was online shopping.

“How’s your nose? Is it broken?” I asked worriedly.

“No it’s not broken, it’s a bit bruised that’s all.” He replied shyly. I felt guilty because if it wasn’t for him taking that punch for me, I would have been the one with a bruised nose. Those 3 bullies could have been expelled by now.

“Why did you lie to Minhyuk oppa earlier?” I asked. Kyung became stiff.

“He doesn’t know you’re getting bullied does he?” I inquired.

“None of them knows that I’m getting bullied…” Kyung admitted.

“Wae? You should tell them!” I said in a high pitched tone.

“I don’t want to. Everyone will just laugh at me and think that I’m a complete wuss cos I can’t even handle bullies.” Kyung’s bottom lip trembled.

“They’re not gonna think you are a wuss…” I told him.

“Our group is the most popular group in the school and I’m the only one who gets bullied. How is that going to make me look? I’m a loser Kira.” He said.

“You are not a loser! You have Velcro hair! You’re awesome!” I said.

“Please Kira don’t tell my hyungs, Zico and Ji Hoon.” He pleaded.

“Too late, we already know.” I heard Jaehyo spoke. Kyung and I gasped.

Jaehyo walked in, followed by Zico, Taeil, Minhyuk, U-Kwon and Ji Hoon.

“You know we don’t keep secrets from one another!” Zico said.

“We’ll deal with those bullies alright?” Taeil declared.

“I knew you didn’t walk through a locker.” Minhyuk smirked.

“We need to practice your lying skills.” I chuckled.

Kyung smiled at me and then at the boys.

“So whose am I going to kick first hyung?” Ji Hoon asked.

The boys started planning and such while U-Kwon was just flexing his muscles in front of me. I started giggling and I also felt my cheeks burning.

“Like what you see Kira baby?” U-Kwon winked at me.

“Hyung! Focus!” Zico nudged him. Kyung started telling them everything.
 

“They tried to hurt Kira?!” Jaehyo shouted.

“I wasn’t hurt.” I said.

“Oh they will get hurt…” Minhyuk said as he balled his hands into fists.

 

Author's Note:
Hello to all of my subscribers! I didn't expect a lot of people to read this :D

Anyway, do post a comment and tell me what you think of the updates! It will motivate me to update regularly!

Thank you! ~ {JL}