Chapter 32

Do You Wanna B? ‘Block B Club’.

Today has to be one of the worst days of my life. Since I told U-Kwon about Rainee last night, he hasn’t said a word to me at all. He’s acting as if I don’t even exist. He hasn’t even spoken to Rainee and asked her about my accusation. U-Kwon is in denial that his girlfriend is cheating on him which I understand but what I don’t understand is the fact that he thinks I’m only making this stuff up. I would never lie to him. I would never lie to any of my friends. I haven’t got any family anymore so I treasure my friends the most. And as much as possible, I don’t want to see my friends hurt. Its lunch time at school and U-Kwon is not even sitting with us at our usual table.

“Would it have been better if I didn’t tell him?” I asked.

“He deserves to know Kira,” Taeil answered.

“But he thinks I’m a liar.” My bottom lip quivered.
“He thinks all of us are liars.” Kyung mentioned.

“I want him to talk to me…” I pouted.

“Don’t worry jagiya~ he’ll come around. He’ll catch Rainee sooner or later,” Jaehyo assured me.

“We should set her up!” Minhyuk suggested.

“But if Kwon hyung finds out that we set her up, he’ll hate us even more!” Ji Hoon stated. We all fell silent. This is all so hopeless.

“Let’s just wait and see what happens.” Zico said.

The bell rang and we all stood up. I have Music class with Jaehyo next.

The other boys went on their way while Jaehyo and I hanged back. I wanted to wait until U-Kwon was gone too. He was still sitting down, texting.

“Can I just meet you in class?” I told Jaehyo.

“Araso, don’t be too long.” Jaehyo replied and kissed me on the cheek before walking off and leaving me. When he was out of sight, I walked towards U-Kwon. He looked up at me and then glared. I shuddered.

“I’m sorry~” I spoke my voice shaking.

“For what; for feeding me lies and bull? For trying to ruin my relationship with Rainee?” U-Kwon hissed.

“Kim Yoo Kwon I’m not bullting you. I’m telling you the truth.” I said.

“I don’t believe you.” He snapped and walked off. I followed him.

“Why would I lie to you huh? Don’t you trust me? I’m your best friend! You’ve known me longer than Rainee!” I grabbed his wrist but he wriggled free. We stood in the empty hallway and I waited for him to talk.

“Just so you know we’re no longer friends Kira,” He said and then left.

I was left there standing with my mouth hanging wide open. As if he just said that. My eyes started watering but I shook it off because I didn’t want Jaehyo to see me crying again. Clutching my bag, I walked to class slowly.

If only I took a photo of Rainee kissing that guy then I would have had evidence to show U-Kwon. He would have dumped her by now.

But unfortunately, I don’t have the power to turn back time.

When I got to class, I arrived the same time as my music teacher. Jaehyo eyed me carefully and checked if I was crying or anything.

“What happened?” He whispered to me.

“U-Kwon decided that me and him are no longer friends.” I sighed.

“He doesn’t know what he’s saying,” Jaehyo shook his head in disappointment. I tried to focus in class afterwards but I really couldn’t.

 

That evening at the boarding house…

We just finished eating dinner and I was now in my bedroom studying with Jaehyo. I looked at my watch and it was already 9:30 PM. U-Kwon is still not home yet. He’s not usually the type to come home late on a school night. Especially when he’s got homework to do. I glanced at my watch again.

“Stop worrying Kira~ U-Kwon can take care of himself,” Jaehyo said.

“I know but I can’t help it,” I sighed. “I’d feel better if you call him.”

“Fine,” Jaehyo breathed out and grabbed his phone. I stared at him as he placed his phone by his ear and waited for U-Kwon’s answer. But nothing.

“It went straight to voicemail.” Jaehyo told me.

“Can we please look for him?” I shook like a leaf.

“I’m sure that’s not necessary. U-Kwon will come home when he wants to.” Jaehyo said firmly. I looked at him with puppy eyes.

“Oh Kira don’t do that.” Jaehyo pouted.

Just then we heard the front door burst open downstairs. I dropped my notebook and my pen and thundered down the stairs. I saw U-Kwon struggling to stand up from the door step. He was holding on to the door knob.
“Gwaenchanayo?” Jaehyo asked as he helped him up on his feet.

“I’m fine… I’m great! Fantastic!” U-Kwon said but his words were slurred.
I came closer and I could smell alcohol on him. Where on earth did he get alcohol from? There was no way he could have been served at a bar as he was still wearing his school uniform! I grabbed his back pack and followed him and Jaehyo to the living room. Jaehyo sat him down on the sofa.

“Are you drunk?” Jaehyo asked him. The others came in to see what was going on. Ji Hoon immediately clocked it so he went to the kitchen to get a glass of water. U-Kwon finished it in two big gulps.

“I’m not drunk. I am very drunk.” He said.

“Why are you drunk? We have school tomorrow!” Zico yelled.

“I don’t care about school. school.” U-Kwon glared at Zico.

“What’s going on Kwonnie?” I asked him calmly.

“I went to Rainee’s house…” U-Kwon started. Kyung and I exchanged worried glances. “And I caught her having with some ugly douche bag!”

We all gasped. How can Rainee do this to U-Kwon?!

“Oh Kwon…” Minhyuk murmured.

“You guys were right. I’m sorry I didn’t listen to you all.” U-Kwon sobbed.

“You don’t have to apologize,” Taeil said.

“Come on hyung, let’s get you into bed.” Kyung said.

The boys all helped each other to getting U-Kwon to his bedroom. Meanwhile I was shaking with anger. I sat down on the sofa and stared far ahead. I wish I could have saved U-Kwon from all this pain. Seeing him cry just breaks my heart. He doesn’t deserve that. I would love to avenge him but I’m sure Jaehyo wouldn’t let me. I probably end up going to prison.

So I took a deep breath and followed the boys upstairs. I’ll sort out Rainee later. But for now, U-Kwon needs my attention.

“Guys, can I talk to U-Kwon alone?” I requested.
They all left and Minhyuk closed the door. I sat down beside U-Kwon on his bed. He had his hands on his face and I could hear him sniffling.

“Don’t cry. She’s not worth your tears,” I told him. I placed my arm over his shoulder. U-Kwon cried and I was there to hold him.

“Kira I’m so sorry~” He said in between tears.

“It’s okay Kwonnie…” I mumbled.

“I’m so sorry for saying those horrible things to you. I’m sorry for calling you a liar. I’m sorry for everything…” U-Kwon cried.

“Apology accepted, please stop crying.” I gulped. I was now crying too.

I rocked him back and forth until he finally stopped crying. I tightened my arm around him. Sure he stunk of alcohol but I didn’t care.

I’ll be here beside him until he needs me.

“Can we be friends again? Kwonnie doesn’t want to lose you too.” U-Kwon stated. I smiled and kissed the top of his head.

“You can never lose me…” I replied.

Because of his awful hangover, U-Kwon couldn’t go to school today. I couldn’t come home straight though as I needed to rehearse for the damn school play. But after all that, I pretty much ran back to the boarding house with Jaehyo trailing behind me.

“I’m sure he’s fine,” Jaehyo chuckled.

“I just hope he didn’t puke though,” I laughed.

I was expecting U-Kwon to still be sleeping off his hangover but no. When I walked in his bedroom, he was sitting upright, wearing a hat and playing his guitar. I stood by the door for a little while and listened to him sing.

I’ll catch a grenade for you; throw my hand on a blade for you; I’ll jump in front of a train for you; you know I’ll do anything for you; I would go through all this pain, take a bullet straight to my brain; guess I would die for you baby, but you just won’t do the same…” U-Kwon sang.

“You shouldn’t be singing that,” I finally disturbed him. He looked at me in alarm. He started to blush but then smiled at me cutely.

“For starters, you shouldn’t be holding a guitar. You should be outside pushing a grand piano while singing that,” I joked.

“It just seems like the perfect song to sing right now,” U-Kwon sighed.

“Why don’t you sing The Lazy Song?” I suggested.

“I do like that song,” He grinned.

“There you go~ that’s not going to depress you.” I grinned back.

U-Kwon kept on grinning as he strummed his guitar and then sang.

Today I don’t feel like doing anything; I just wanna lay in my bed. Don’t feel like picking up my phone so leave a message at the tone cos today I swear I’m not doing anything; nothing at all.

I clapped when he finished because his voice really suit the song. He was a really good guitarist too. He placed his guitar on the floor and then went to give me a bear hug. That evening, Minyoung came round cos we all decided to watch a scary film in the living room. Her and Zico was at the kitchen sorting out the popcorn while Taeil and I were laying out the pillows and blankets in the living room.

“Does anyone have any sweets?” U-Kwon asked.

“Don’t go in my bedroom.” Jaehyo laughed.

Once we were all in the living room, Ji Hoon put the DVD into the player.

“Oppa I might have nightmares after watching this. Will you hug me tight tonight in bed?” Minyoung crooned to Zico.

“Of course I will babe,” Zico kissed her on the cheek.

“Just as long as it’s only hugs kids.” Minhyuk smirked.

“Yes hyung,” Zico saluted Minhyuk.

“So looks like Zico will be forever a .” Kyung teased.

“Hyung! We can be s together forever!” Ji Hoon laughed.

“Ya the film’s starting!” Taeil announced.

We all fell silent and watched the film. 15 minutes to it, the doorbell rang.

“Are you expecting Chani?” Taeil asked Minhyuk.

“Anio. I’m not seeing her until tomorrow.” Minhyuk replied with his eyes glued to the TV. Buckets of popcorn were being passed around and the doorbell rang again. No one moved a muscle.

“I’ll get it.” U-Kwon said and stood up.

I huddled closer to Jaehyo as a scary scene was showing. At the corner of my eye, I saw Minyoung holding on to Zico’s shirt tight. A couple of minutes have passed and U-Kwon still hadn’t come back. No one else seems to be bothered as they were all into the film. So I stood up and went out in the hallway. I saw U-Kwon by the door talking to someone. I walked closer and realized it was Rainee by the door. My blood boiled with anger.

“You.” I growled. U-Kwon turned around and I saw he has been crying.

“Kira-ssi, I’m sorry.” Rainee said.

“You have the ing nerve to show your face here you !” I yelled.

“Kira please,” U-Kwon pleaded but I ignored him. I pushed him to one side and faced Rainee. I glared at her and at that moment I just wanted to rip her arm off just so I could throw something at her.

“I’m so sorry.” Rainee apologized again. But instead of accepting her stupid apology, I slapped her across the face as hard as I could.

“KIRA!” U-Kwon gasped. Rainee placed her hand on her throbbing cheek.

“Kwon please let me handle this. This deserves to get hurt!” I yelled and grabbed hold of Rainee’s hair. I pulled her inside the house and tugged on her hair really hard. She started screaming and crying for help but I just continued on pulling her hair. The others arrived in the hallway to see the sudden commotion. U-Kwon was trying to pull Rainee away from my grasp while Jaehyo immediately grabbed hold of my waist. I restrained though as I really wanted to hurt Rainee. Minhyuk and Kyung started to help Jaehyo from pulling me away from Rainee. Taeil went in the middle so he could get my hands off Rainee’s hair.

“Ya what is going on?” Minyoung asked. “Oh! Go unnie!!!” She shouted when she saw what was happening. Zico poked her on the sides.

“Popcorn?” Minyoung offered. Zico shook his head.

Ji Hoon who was clutching on Toto decided to walk away and cover Toto’s eyes. “You can’t see this Toto,” The maknae murmured.

As the boys continued on pulling me, I started to weaken so I decided to let go of Rainee. She cried her little eyes out and cuddled up to U-Kwon.

“What are you doing?” Kyung gaped.

U-Kwon realized what Rainee was doing so he pushed her away abruptly.

“I think you should leave.” Taeil told her.

“Yeah leave now!” Minyoung yelled and started throwing popcorn at Rainee. Zico wrapped his arms around Minyoung’s waist, to keep her in place. “Stay out of it.” Zico shushed her. Rainee looked at us one by one, her hair all over the place. She looked at U-Kwon last.

“I am very sorry. I’ll leave you alone forever now.” She cried.

“Goodbye Rainee…” U-Kwon uttered.

“I better not see your face around here!” I shouted after her.

Taeil closed the door and then sighed. Jaehyo hugged me and my hair while U-Kwon started making his way upstairs.

“That was way better than the film!” Minyoung stated.

“You have to shut up. This is not a joke.” Minhyuk scolded her.
“Are you hurt?” Minhyuk turned to me.

“You should ask Rainee that.” Kyung sniggered.

“I’m fine oppa…” I replied.

“So shall we continue the film? I don’t think U-Kwon will be rejoining us.” Taeil announced. The others followed him back to the living room.

“I’m just gonna go and talk to Kwonnie…” I told Jaehyo.

“Araso~” Jaehyo smiled at me. I went upstairs and then into U-Kwon’s room. He was lying down on his bed, covered by blanket from head to toe.

I laid down next to him and uncovered his face.

“I told you she’s not worth your tears…” I crooned. U-Kwon scooched closer to me and cuddled up to me tight. I wrapped my arms around him.

“Why couldn’t you just have been my girlfriend Kira?” U-Kwon sobbed.

“I know, I’m sorry…” I replied with tears rolling from my eyes.

 

Author’s Note:

U-Kira supporters anyone? :D

I know this story is getting too long now but don’t worry, it will be finished soon. Thank you for your amazing support guys! ^-^

I love you all~!! <3

~ {JL}