Chapter 29

Do You Wanna B? ‘Block B Club’.

The next morning…

My eyes fluttered open and at first all I could see was black and white spots. I yawned out loud, stretched my arms and rubbed my eyes. I then felt someone’s weight on my legs. I looked down and saw Ji Hoon sleeping soundly on my lap. I brushed his hair and watched him sleep cutely.

“Good morning!” U-Rae came in the living room all dressed up.

“Unnie~ did you sleep here?” Rainee asked me. I probably looked like hell.

I yawned once more before getting to answer her.

“Ne…” I replied. I tried to fix my hair but it was just all fluffy.

“Was Jaehyo hyung not up for ?” U-Kwon sniggered.

“Oh shut up Kwon!” I giggled. I then told them about Ji Hoon.

“How cute…” Rainee commented.

“So are you guys ready?” Taeil appeared out of nowhere.

U-Rae nodded at him eagerly.

“Ya, where are you going?” I asked them.

“We’re going to the market…” Taeil smiled at me.

“Hey can I come? Minhyuk is still asleep.” Chani walked in.

“Sure. The more the merrier.” U-Kwon smiled at her.

“I’ll come but I’ve got a Ji Hoon on me…” I chuckled.

“Don’t worry Kira; I’ll buy you something pretty!” Kyung appeared.

“The others are still upstairs…” Taeil informed me.

“Araso, have fun you guys!” I shouted after them.

I looked at Ji Hoon and I know that he wasn’t going to wake up any time soon. I then heard heavy footsteps coming from upstairs.

“Aish~! I told them to wait for me!” I heard Jaehyo.

“Jaehyo oppa?” I called him.

“Hey jagiya~ did you sleep well?” He walked over to me and kissed my forehead then ruffled Ji Hoon’s hair which I just brushed with my hand.

“Ne~ why didn’t you wake me up? I could have gotten ready…” I said.

“I wanted to wake you up but Taeil hyung told me off.” He laughed.

“That sounds like Taeil… Why don’t you catch up on them?” I said.

“Yeah okay~ I’ll see you later. Love you!” Jaehyo said and kissed the tip of my nose before running off.

“Love you too~” I smiled to myself.

Just then Ji Hoon started shuffling and stretching. He started yawning and when his eyes popped open, he seemed shocked by seeing me.

“Yes I look like this every morning… Mianhe~” I blushed.

“Oh noona~ I thought you left me here last night.” He said.

“I would have but I couldn’t move you…” I chuckled.

“Sorry, you must have been really uncomfortable…” He apologized.

“No I was okay… I slept well…” I told him truthfully.

“Oh good. Are the hyungs and other noonas awake yet?” Ji Hoon asked.

“Uhh~ Chani, U-Rae, Kyung, Taeil and Jaehyo went to the market so I’m guessing Minhyuk and MiCo are all still asleep upstairs…” I smiled.

Ji Hoon and I cleaned up in the living room and then went to make breakfast. It has gone 11:30 and the others still haven’t woken up. I was washing up the dishes while Ji Hoon was sweeping the kitchen floor.

“Kira noona~ after this can I watch TV?” Ji Hoon requested.

“You should shower first and change out of your pajamas…” I said.

“Okay noona! Kamsahamnida!” Ji Hoon grinned.

 

By 12 o’clock, Ji Hoon was all squeaky clean so I let him watch TV. I took a shower straight after him. By half past 12, MiCo finally woke up and went straight to the kitchen.

“Good morning Kira!” Zico greeted me.

“Good afternoon Zico.” I smirked.

“Oops~” Zico guffawed.

“Where are the others unnie?” Minyoung asked.

“Your brother is still asleep, Pyo is in the living room and the others are at the market…” I answered. They started to fix themselves some food while I look through the newspaper.

“I’m gonna go take a walk outside…” I dropped the newspaper.

“Okay~ I’ll join you later unnie!” Minyoung shouted after me.

I walked out of the kitchen and heard sounds coming from TV. I peeked in the lounge and saw Ji Hoon watching TV in a pretty position. While I was putting my sandals on the door, Minhyuk thundered down the stairs.

“What’s the rush?” I asked him. His hair was all over the place.

“I’m hungry… Minyoung might eat all the food.” He said.

“Quick, go to the kitchen!” I laughed. He smiled at me before walking away. I realized I was smiling widely. I always liked the way he looked in the morning. I remembered Jaehyo and shook Minhyuk’s face out of my head.

I grabbed my cardigan and went outside. The sea breeze hit my face and I closed my eyes as I inhaled deeply. I took my sandals off and started walking along the seaside. At first my feet were just getting buried by the sand but then the tide became high and soon the waves were touching my feet. The water was cool and it felt nice. I wished Jaehyo was with me.

Suddenly I felt a pang of indescribable pain on my right foot. I looked down and shook something off and saw a pink thing in the water.

It was a jellyfish. I’ve just been stung by a ing jellyfish.

The stinging pain became unbearable and I had to clutch on my foot. Afterwards the pain became even more unbearable that I just to sit down on the sand. My eyes started watering and I didn’t know what to do.

“Kira!” I heard someone call me. Without turning around to see who it was, I just shouted back at them. “I’m here!!!” My voice wavered.

“Kira!! Kira?? Are you alright? Kira??!” The voice carried on. As the voice came closer, I recognized whose voice that was. It was Minhyuk’s.

“I’m hurt oppa, help me…” I cried like a little child. Minhyuk crouched down and looked at my foot. He looked incredibly worried.

“Come on, I’ll carry you back to the house…” He said calmly. I nodded stiffly at him and I tried to stop the continuous flow of tears.

“Stop crying babe~ I’ll make it better….” Minhyuk crooned as he scooped me up and lifted me effortlessly. My heart fluttered hearing him address me “babe” again. I looked at his face as he power walked back to the house.

“Do you know how to treat jellyfish sting?” I asked him.

“Yes I do. It won’t hurt I promise.” Minhyuk replied.

“No one has to pee on me right?” I asked feeling stupid afterwards.

“Urine will not work on a jellyfish sting. Some victims have reported pain relief, but urine does not always have enough acid to neutralize the venom.” Minhyuk explained. We finally reached the house and I could feel the stinging pain again. I shut my eyes tight and prevent from screaming.

“Ji Hoon-ah! Zico! Minyoung!!!” Minhyuk shouted. The three came running as they heard the distress and worry in Minhyuk’s voice. I buried my face in the crook of Minhyuk’s neck and let the tears fall down.

“What happened to noona?” Ji Hoon asked.

“She’s been stung by a jellyfish.” Minhyuk answered.

“Oh unnie!! Does it hurt?” Minyoung asked.

“Why do you she’s crying??” Minhyuk hissed under his breath.

“What can we do hyung?” Zico asked.

“I need vinegar, hot water and some ice cubes.” Minhyuk ordered.

The other three ran to the kitchen while Minhyuk carried me to the living room. He sat me down on the sofa gently and took a look at my foot. Zico came back first carrying a bottle of vinegar. He handed it to Minhyuk.

“I need some cotton wool. Minyoung!” Minhyuk shouted.

“I’m coming!” Minyoung arrived carrying a tray of ice cubes.

“Do you have cotton wool?” Minhyuk asked.

“I’ll get some upstairs.” She said before setting the tray of ice cubes on the floor. I tried to relax on the sofa but the pain is just distracting.

“Zico-ah, can you help Ji Hoon with the hot water? He might burn himself.” I told Zico. He simply nodded and went back to the kitchen.

“Stop worrying about other people…” Minhyuk said.

“Ahhh~ it really hurts!!” I sobbed.

“I’ll go get some ibuprofen. Wait here.” He said but I grabbed him on the wrist. He looked at me in alarm. I didn’t want him to go.

“Don’t leave me…” I said desperation in my voice.

“Okay I won’t…. Sshh… Don’t cry…” Minhyuk hugged me.

Zico and Ji Hoon came back carrying a tub of hot water. Minyoung thundered down the stairs with a bag of cotton wool in hand. Then Minhyuk did all the work. He ordered Zico to get ibuprofen and then ordered Ji Hoon to get a glass of water. Minhyuk then poured vinegar onto a cotton wool and then pressed it on my foot. Minyoung held my hand as I cried like a baby.

Afterwards, Zico handed me two ibuprofens which I took with water.

Minhyuk then placed my foot in the tub of hot water which helped eased the stinging pain. I sighed in relief as the pain dispersed.

“Noona~ are you okay?” Ji Hoon asked.

“Yes maknae…” I smiled him.

“We’ll clear this stuff up.” Zico said as he picked up the bottle of vinegar, Minyoung grabbed the bag of cotton wool and Ji Hoon picked up the glass of water. They all left the room leaving just Minhyuk and I.

“Thank you.” I told him.

“Trust you to get stung by a jellyfish.” He chuckled.

“With my luck? I’m not exactly surprised. I wouldn’t be surprised if I was eaten by a shark…” I laughed.

“Taeil hyung wouldn’t eat you.” Minhyuk grinned.

“I might be out of line here but will you umm…” I hesitated

“What is it Kira?” He asked.

“Will you--” I gulped. “Will you give me a hug again?” I blurted out.

Minhyuk smiled, “sure…” He wrapped his arms around me and then rested his head on top of mine. I squeezed him tight and closed my eyes.

“Are you feeling better?” Minhyuk asked after a few minutes.

“Yes. Thank you oppa.” I smiled.

 

About 15 minutes later, everyone else arrived. Minhyuk quickly let go of me when Jaehyo entered the living room. It was all too late though. Jaehyo had seen Minhyuk and me cuddling and he didn’t look impressed. Chani followed and Minhyuk quickly ran by her side. Jaehyo eyed me and then my foot which was still in the tub with now lukewarm water. Minhyuk pulled Chani out in the hallway while Jaehyo sat down beside me.

“What happened to your foot?” He asked.

“A jellyfish stung me.” I answered nervously. I’m still waiting if he’s going to flip about seeing Minhyuk and me that close.

“Why didn’t you call me?! I could have gone home and took care of you!” Jaehyo freaked. That he flips about.

“I’m sorry~ I just didn’t think of it. Besides Minhyuk took perfect care of me.” My eyes widened when I realized what I just said.

“I should be taking care of you. Not him.” Jaehyo grumbled.

“Don’t be jealous oppa,” I said.
“I’m not jealous. I’m just upset that I wasn’t the one who got to save you.”

“You’re here now, that’s what matters.” I told him.

“KIRA NOONA HAS BEEN STUNG BY A JELLYFISH!” I heard Ji Hoon shout dramatically out in the hallway. Jaehyo and I smiled at each other.

 

A few days later…

It was 8:30 in the morning and we have to leave for school soon. None of us have seen Ji Hoon anywhere. Everyone else was busy doing their own stuff so I decided to check up on the maknae. He’s not the one who usually lazes about during the mornings. I knocked on his bedroom door but there was no answer. I opened the door slowly and peeked in. I saw him on his bed, curled up into a ball. His pillows, blanket and Toto were all on the floor.

“Ji Hoon? It’s time for school…” I called him.

He only grunted as a reply. I walked over to him and sat down.

“What’s the matter maknae?” I asked worriedly.

“Noona~ I’m not feeling well…” He said huskily.

“You probably just had too much sleep…” I smiled.

“Anio. Noona~ I’m not feeling well.” He repeated.

I started to get worried. He sounded really weak and ill.

“Let me feel your head…” I said and touched his forehead with the back of my hand. ing hell. He was scorching hot. He had an awful fever!

“OMONA~! Jaehyo! Zico! Taeil! Everyone!!!” I shouted panicking.

While I waited for the others, I picked up Ji Hoon’s stuff from the floor.

I fluffed a pillow and put it under his head and then covered him with his blanket as he started shivering. I was just about to put Toto under his arm but Ji Hoon surprisingly pushed the green caterpillar away.

“Ji Hoon-ah, its Toto…” I said bewildered.

“Can you keep for the moment noona? I don’t want him getting ill too…” Ji Hoon said and then coughed so many times afterwards.

“Okay, I’ll take care of Toto…” I told Ji Hoon.

The others finally arrived and gathered around Ji Hoon’s bed.

“Lazy bones! We have to go to school!” Kyung shouted at the maknae

“Ji Hoon’s got a high fever and serious cough.” I announced.

“Ya, Ji Hoon-ah! I don’t want your germs!!” Kyung’s eyes widened and immediately ran out of the bedroom.

“But get better soon!” We heard the Kyungcumber shout from the hallway.

“I’ll stay here with Ji Hoon, you guys go to school.” Taeil declared.

“Araso, I’ll sort your attendance out…” Jaehyo said.

“Take care Ji Hoon!” U-Kwon shouted.

“See you later,” I said and kissed Ji Hoon’s forehead.

When the rest of us got to school, we couldn’t stop worrying about Ji Hoon. According to the boys, he’s the least one who gets ill so this is a big shock.

During break and lunch, I rang Taeil to check up on both of them. He said that Ji Hoon was taking a rest and has already eaten. When the final bell rang, I sprinted out of the classroom.

“Ya wait for your boyfriend!” Jaehyo called after me.

“I want to take care of Ji Hoon…” I told him.

“I know but that doesn’t mean we can’t walk home together,” Jaehyo smiled. I smiled back at him and then tiptoed to peck him on the lips.
“We’re going home now too…” I heard U-Kwon.

Kyung, Minhyuk and Zico were all behind him.

“Don’t you guys have things to do?” I inquired. They’re the ones who stays behind after classes to do extra-curricular activities.

“We want to take care of Ji Hoon too…” Zico smiled.

“Let’s get going!” Minhyuk declared.

We all walked home together, Kyung blabbering about stuff, U-Kwon on the phone to Rainee, Zico texting Minyoung, Jaehyo and I holding hands and Minhyuk just staring far ahead. When we got to the boarding house, we all quickly ran upstairs to Ji Hoon’s bedroom. I expected to see Taeil sitting down and taking the maknae’s temperature or something but he wasn’t. Instead Taeil was on lying down on the bed beside Ji Hoon.

“Taeil hyung! What happened?” Zico asked.

“I caught Ji Hoon’s fever…” Taeil answered.

“I’ll call the doctor… I don’t want to catch this viral disease!” Kyung said.

I walked over to Taeil and felt his forehead. His head was even more hotter than Ji Hoon this morning.

“Noona, where’s Toto?” Ji Hoon spoke with his eyes closed.

“Don’t worry, he’s in my bedroom… Just take some rest.” I told him.

Only a few minutes later, the doctor arrived and checked up on the oldest and the youngest while the rest of us were out in the hallway worrying.

“Ya, Taeil hyung is ill. Who’s going to feed us?” U-Kwon asked.

“I’ll cook…” Jaehyo offered.

“I’ll help you.” I added. The doctor then walked out of the room.

“They have to stay in bed and they have to be in different bedrooms otherwise they’re just going to pass the fever to each other and no one will get better…” the doctor started.

“In the meantime, give them lots of fluids like juice, nothing with caffeine or soda, feed them healthy foods nothing too salty, too sweet or too spicy. Their rooms should be well-ventilated but don’t turn the air-conditioner and don’t leave the windows open. A fan would be okay. I’ve given them medicine, and give them some again after 4 hours.” he finished.

“Thank you very much.” We chorused.

While Zico, Kyung and Minhyuk ushered the doctor outside of the boarding house, U-Kwon, Jaehyo and I checked up on Taeil and Ji Hoon. U-Kwon and Jaehyo helped each other carry Taeil to his bedroom while I tried my best to make Ji Hoon comfortable as possible. His temperature is much better now and he was all snugly in bed. I went to Taeil’s room next where Jaehyo and U-Kwon was having a hard time settling him down on his bed.

“I’m not ill…” Taeil said weakly.

“Hyung you need to rest!” U-Kwon insisted.

“I need to cook!” Taeil mentioned.

“Anio. I’m cooking tonight…” Jaehyo said.
“Ji Hoon hasn’t taken his medicine yet…” Taeil added.

“The doctor already gave him his medicine…” I said.

“The kitchen--” Taeil said but U-Kwon had already cut him off.

“Kyung will do the dishes tonight,” U-Kwon said.

“But Kyungie doesn’t know how to wash the plates!” Taeil said.

“I’ll help him…” U-Kwon rolled his eyes.

“Now please oppa, can you just get some rest now?” I said.

“Araso… I’m sorry,” Taeil pouted.

“Don’t apologize for being ill…” I smiled.

“Get better soon hyung,” Jaehyo and U-Kwon chorused.