Chapter 24

Do You Wanna B? ‘Block B Club’.

I walked in grumpily with Jaehyo to Music class. Today is our practical exam and I just can’t be bothered. I reached my seat and Jaehyo handed me my violin case. I took my violin out carefully and stared at it. Jaehyo however was staring at me. I caught him and I instantly glared at him.

“Sorry, you seem so moody today.” he mentioned.

“I hate exams.” I breathed.

“I love exams.” He smiled.
“What?” I snapped angrily.
“Sorry,” He mumbled sheepishly.

“I’m sorry too. I shouldn’t keep snapping at you.” I sighed.

“It’s understandable that you are stressed.” Jaehyo flashed a smile again.

“Then there’s Minhyuk who is just pissing me off.” I added.

“Oh yeah what happened between you two last night? Neither of you came down for dinner.” He inquired.

“Well we were arguing.” I answered.

“Wae?” Jaehyo pried.

“Cos I’m jealous of Chani. He’s jealous of… you.” I blurted out.

“Hyung is still jealous of me??” Jaehyo gasped.

“Because we’ve been spending so much time lately, me and him haven’t been exactly spending time with each other…” I pouted.

“It’s only because I’m tutoring you.” Jaehyo said.

“I know. But oh I don’t know.” I grumbled.

“Don’t worry Kira, everything will be okay.” Jaehyo chimed.

Just then our teacher walked in and immediately started the practical exams. The guitarists were first up then the pianists, the drummers and so on and so forth. Jaehyo and I watched our classmates in awe. Everyone was so talented. It was the singers next and Jaehyo is up first.

“Good luck oppa!” I whispered to him. Jaehyo walked to the front of the class confidently. Our teacher gave him the cue and Jaehyo pressed play on the stereo. The melody of the song “Your Eyes” started playing and Jaehyo started singing beautifully. My classmates and I were impressed and even our teacher was tapping her foot along to the soft beat of the song. My heart fluttered listening to Jaehyo sing. When he finished, a loud applause erupted from everyone in the class.

Jaehyo bowed and then returned to his seat next to me.

“Oppa you were amazing~” I told him.

“Thanks Kira, I know you’ll be amazing too.” He replied.

The singers finished their practical exams and I was next. The teacher called my name and my hands started to sweat as I gingerly grabbed my violin. I took 3 long strides to get to the front of the class. I took one last look at Jaehyo before I placed my violin under my chin. Jaehyo gave me thumbs up and I gave him a smile in return.

“Whenever you’re ready Inoue Kira…” The teacher said.

I nodded at her and then took a deep breath before I started playing.

Remembering what Jaehyo told me yesterday during practice, I loosened my hand on my bow and pretended that it was the most delicate thing in the world. I played smoothly and even closed my eyes. I know many eyes were on me but to get rid of the nerves, I pretended that I was on my own.

With one last beautiful tune from the strings of my violin, I smiled. I took a bow as my classmates and my teacher applauded me. I couldn’t hide my blushing face either. I returned to my seat and Jaehyo placed his hand on top of mine. I blushed even more.

“That was amazing.” He said.

“Thanks oppa, that was for you.” I smiled.

He grinned at me as he squeezed my hand a little before letting go.

I placed my violin back in its case as the bell rang. Jaehyo and I met the others at the canteen who looked pretty contented too.

I couldn’t see Minhyuk anywhere though.

“Kira noona~ how was your music exam?” Ji Hoon asked me.

I was just about to answer but Jaehyo answered for me.

“She was amazing. Absolutely brilliant.” he said proudly.

“Aw well done Kira, we’re proud of you.” Taeil smiled at me.

“Thanks Taeil oppa~” I smiled shyly at him.

“Ah~ I wish I recorded your performance…” Jaehyo remarked.

“What? No way!” I laughed nervously.

“Oh you should have hyung! I would have loved to seen it!” Kyung said.

“Kira baby is just gonna have to play to us~” U-Kwon grinned.

“Uhhh no~” I blushed once more.

“Come here.” Jaehyo chuckled and pulled me into a hug.

“Ah hyung,” Ji Hoon gulped. He was pointing at someone behind Jaehyo and I. I let go of Jaehyo’s grasp and turned around. It was Minhyuk looking dead jealous. The rest of the boys fell silent.

“Hey Kira,” Minhyuk greeted me casually.

“Hi oppa. How was your music exam?” I asked him.

Jaehyo took a seat beside Zico which was the farthest from me.

“Yeah it was great!” Minhyuk answered in a flat tone. I looked at the boys and they have started eating their snacks. I grabbed hold of my boyfriend’s wrist and pulled him out of the canteen and into the empty, quiet hallway.

“Listen about that hug~” I started. He shook off my grip of his wrist.

“You don’t have to explain.” He smiled sadly.

“Oppa it was just a hug.” I said my voice wavering.

“I’m glad you did well on your exam.” He said.

“Thanks. I’m glad you did too.”

Just then Chani came running towards us. She had that silly grin on her face again. She completely ignored my presence and she immediately took Minhyuk’s attention. My bloody boiled instantly.

“Oppa! I was just talking to our teacher and he said that you get the highest grade!!” Chani stated. Minhyuk grinned widely.

“Chincha?” He said.

“Ne! Don’t act so surprised!” Chani giggled.

“I bet you’ll get the 2nd highest grade Chani-ah,” Minhyuk crooned.

“No I won’t,” Chani giggled uncontrollably.

“Yes you will, believe in yourself.” Minhyuk told her and before I know it Chani had jumped on my boyfriend for a hug. Not even caring that I was right there, Minhyuk hugged her back. I could hear my heartbeat in my ears and it felt like I was going to throw up my intestines. I walked away before I could do something to Chani that I know I will regret later on.

At the boarding house that evening…

After dinner, Jaehyo and I went to my bedroom so we can study. Minhyuk and I haven’t talked since he decided to make me jealous. I’m not even sure if he did that on purpose or if he’s just incredibly stupid.

“Kira are you okay?” Jaehyo asked me, disturbing my train of thoughts.

“Fine.” I answered simply.

“I’m sorry about earlier by the way. I didn’t know Minhyuk hyung was behind us. Otherwise I wouldn’t have hugged you.” Jaehyo said.

“Don’t be silly Jaehyo, its no one’s fault.” I told him.

*KNOCK, KNOCK*

I looked at my bedroom door slowly opening and Minhyuk taking 2 steps in.

I looked away from him immediately.

“Jaehyo can I talk to Kira in private please?” Minhyuk requested.

“Sure hyung,” Jaehyo said. He collected all of his stuff and then went.

Minhyuk locked my door and jumped on my bed on the space next to me.

“Kira I miss you so much.” He crooned.

“What did you wanna talk about?” I asked him coldly.

“I wanted to tell my girlfriend that I miss her.” He said.

“I miss you too~” I told him truthfully.

“Why don’t you stop what you’re doing so we can cuddle?” He suggested. I felt his arms snake around my waist and he started pulling me closer to him.

“Oppa I can’t-- Tomorrow’s exams are really hard.” I said.

“Surely a few minutes break wouldn’t hurt?” Minhyuk asked.

“I need all the time in the world to study. Sorry~” I said.

“But Kira this is the most I’ve seen you for the past few days.” Minhyuk remarked, his voice shaking a bit.

“I’m really sorry oppa~” Was all I could say.

“Don’t say sorry. Just come here.” He said. He cupped my face and then forced his lips on mine. Instead of wanting to kiss him back, I just pushed him away. He looked at me in alarm and annoyance.

“Kira what the hell?” Minhyuk shouted.

“Please I just want to study.” I grumbled.

“Can you spare a few minutes just to be with your boyfriend?” He shouted some more. I jumped out of my bed and then made sure that my door was locked. I shot Minhyuk a death glare.

“Will you stop shouting? I don’t want to upset Ji Hoon again.” I hissed.

“But you don’t care if you are upsetting me?” Minhyuk demanded.

“Can we not do this now? I’ve got enough--”

“No Kira, I’m tired of this.”

“Oh yeah? Well I’m tired of this too. All the sudden arguing, all the ing jealousy, all the ing pressure!” I cried.

“What are you saying?” Minhyuk asked.

“I think we should take a break- I blurted out. My heart thumped.

“What???” Minhyuk gulped.

“I said we should take a break. A break from our relationship. I just want to focus on my studies right now.” I told him while wiping my tears.

Minhyuk stared at me; his eyes watering. A break from this relationship is definitely what I need right now. I want to able to focus on studying without feeling pressured. I’m pressured enough with all the damn exams.

Minhyuk and I stared at each other for a couple of minutes without saying anything. I had the urge to hug him all of a sudden. I saw a tear escaped his eyes before he turned away. He walked out of my room and I started sobbing. I heard his bedroom door slam.

What have I done?

Why do I regret saying those things straight away?

I love him. He loves me.

Why did everything get so complicated?

My vision blurred because of all the tears. Jaehyo entered my room and ran to my side. He wrapped his arms around me which just made me cry even more. He obviously heard everything.

Jaehyo sat me down on my bed and kissed my forehead.

 

Author's Note:

Thanks for all the comments on the previous chapter! ^^

So what do you think of this chapter? Let me know yeah!

~ {JL}