Not Feeling Well

Could you be my date?

You woke up earlier as usual because your mother is going to London for a two-week seminar. You wanted to see her and say goodbye before she leaves so you woke up 4am in the morning instead of 5am. Basically, you just sleep for 3 hours.

When you woke up, your head started to ache then when you stood up, your whole body started to ache too. You chanted some words of encouragement to yourself to keep you going and to manage yourself together. You prepared yourself and your things for school then hurried downstairs.

You hugged you mother. “Omma, bogoshipeulguhya!”

Your mother hugged you back tightly. “Nado bogoshipeulguhya! All of you.”

Then your father and little brother joined the hugging.

“Let’s eat! We don’t want your omma to be late for her flight and we don’t want the food to get cold,” your father said.

You all went to the table and started to eat. It was a beautiful and good picture of a family. You were all laughing and chatting happily. It seems that all your aches and problems are gone.

“So what do you like for me to bring you home?” your mother asked.

“I want a teddy bear from Harrods,” you responded.

“Nado! Nado! And chocolates too,” your brother bounced up and down his chair.

“I just want you home safely,” your father kissed your mother. You smiled widely while your brother covered his eyes.

“Oh, by the way, my aegi, introduce me to your prom partner when I get back. Araso?” your mother smiled.

“Okay omma, if I ever get one,” you said irritatingly.

“Wae? You still don’t have one? Just wait for him, I know there will be.”

“Ne, omma.”

After eating, your father prepared the car he’ll be using to drop you mother to the airport, your mother placed her things in the car and you and your brother stood by the car watching them. You said your goodbyes then they took off.

After few minutes of resting, you left your brother and kissed him. You decided to walk going to school since it’s still an hour and a half early before the bell rings for the first subject. You also wanted to feel the fresh cold February air because it’s been a long time since you walked to school.

After a 30-minute walk, you finally got to school. When you entered the school building, you saw Dongho then you suddenly felt dizzy. Your vision was spinning and you felt someone hold your hand. You fell and became unconscious. You didn’t know what happened next.

When you woke up, you saw the bright light in the ceiling and when you came back to your senses, you saw Yoonji hurrying to you and Eli and Dongho are talking to the corner.

“Yah! What happened to you? I was so worried,” Yoonji hugged you.

“Mianhe! I don’t also know what happened to me. I just felt dizzy and then I fell down,” you hugged her back.

The school nurse entered and said that it’s is due to stress and lack of rest. She gave her a medical note for her parents and a medicine. She said that she will do couple more check-ups before she can advise her to go back to class but until then, she will stay first in the clinic to rest. Then she went outside the room.

“How long have I been asleep and who took me here?” you asked the three.

“The nurse said that you have been asleep for half an hour and that Dongho carried you here,” Yoonji said.

“Well, I have to go now. Since you already have your friend with you and since you already woke up,” Dongho said and went out of the room.

“I don’t understand him. He’s so complicated. The nurses said that when he brought you here, he was so worried but now he has an arrogant attitude. What did you see in him anyway?” Yoonji asked.

“I also don’t know why,” you replied confusingly.

"Yah! I saw you two yesterday during Science. It seems tha both of you are not breathing and talking the whole time. What happened? Did he help you with the research?"

"Well, that's the problem that's why I'm not feeling well today."

"Wae? What's the problem? He didn't help you?" Yoonji  worriedly asked.

"Ne, he didn't help me. I worked on it until 1am in the morning then I woke up 4am in the morning to see omma leave," you sadly replied.

"Mwuh rah go?! You did the research all by yourself? I should tell this to our professor."

"Aniya. Aniya," you hold her hand.

"Why didn't you talk to him when he was still here?"

"Gwaenchanha," you calmed her.

"Do you want me to talk to him? We're not that close but I can say that he's a friend of mine since we're on the same club," Eli butted in your conversation. Yoonji agreed with her boyfriend's suggestion but you protested which made the two giggle.

Before you could shout at Eli for his suggestion, he said, "Look at the time. 10 minutes til the school bell will ring. We need to go now."

"Yah! I'm not yet finish Eli! Aigoo!" you shouted.

Yoonji hugged you to calm you down and whispered, "Don't worry. I'll be with him the whole time. I'll handle this. Just rest and we'll come by evey break to check on you. Araso?"

You nodded, "Just don't mess it up."

Before Eli could tease you again, Yoonji pushed him to the door. Then after a few minutes, the bell rang.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The bell for the morning breaktime has rung. Yoonji is dragging Eli while looking for Dongho. At last, they found him sitting under your favorite tree.

"Yah! You're the reason why ______ is not feeling well! Yah! Eli get out of the way!" Yoonji shouted at Dongho while Eli is blocking him from his girlfriend's wrath.

"What did I do?" Dongho didn't really know what Yoonji was accusing him. Yoonji is still trying to grab him.

"Yah! Ha Ji Ma!" Eli shouted at both of them. Then, they calmed down. "Talk calmly and irrationaly. Jebal?" Eli added. Dongho and Yoonji nodded.

"What are you talking about? I really don't know what I did," Dongho started.

"You didn't help her with the research. She slept late because she did the research by herself," she slumped down and Eli sat down beside her.

"Oh yeah the research. The truth is I really didn't know all about that research so after Science class, I immediately went out of the room. Then, this morning when I went out of the clinic, IU was there and she told me that she wanted to see the research that we did. I didn't know what she was saying so she explained it to me. When I found it out, I was planning to go back to the clinic this morning break to talk to ______. But I thought that I would just confess it to our Science professor that I didn't help her," Dongho explained.

Yoonji thought that he was saying the truth so she let him be.

"Why aren't you two talking anyway? It's like you have a huge wall in between," Eli said.

"Don't worry. I'll talk to our professor later and I'll talk to her. I'll get going," Dongho said, bowed then walked away.

You heard the bell rang and thought, "I thought they would visit me during break." Then you doze off to sleep.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mianhe. This chapter took me long time than what I've expected. I had some arguing with myself on this chapter and I hope that this comes out right.  Mianhe for keeping you waited. I'm also busy with my piano lesson for the past week and I had some reunions with my friends so it really took me a long time to write this. What do you guys think? Please comment and subscribe ^_^