Dinner With My Familly

Could you be my date?

Your POV

We were walking home with tummies and heads aching.

"This is all your fault Dongho!" I smacked his arm lightly.

Dongho giggled even though I can see in his face that he's also in pain.

"Want to come in first and take a rest?" I asked him when I was opening the door.

He nodded. "We can eat some ice cream."

I playfully hit him. "Please stop talking about ice creams. I've had enough for one day and it's all because of you."

"Then who will eat these?" He showed me the bags with the two ice cream we first ordered.

"You and maybe my brother" He laughed and held on to his stomach. "Maybe we can give this to your brother."

By the time I fully opened the gate, we entered and I noticed an unfamiliar car parked in our outside garage.

"This is our car..." Dongho spoke up.

"Jinjja?" he nodded and we quickly entered the house to see what's going on.

We heard happy noises and smelled delicious food coming from the kitchen. Then one of our maids approached us to get our bags.

"What's going on? I thought Appa will be home early. And who's are visitor?" I bombared her with questions.

"Agashi, you're-" I unexpectedly cut her off when I saw my Omma behind her.

"OMMA!!!" I ran to her and hugged her. "I thought you will be there til next week?"

"Let's talk about that later. I still have some friends I want you to meet." Then omma saw Dongho behind me. "And I think I have someone to meet too. I thought I was the only one with surprises. Follow me to the kitchen"

I looked at the maid and bowed apologetically which she shook off immediately. Then I turned to Dongho "Well, do you want to find out if you're parents are really here?"

He nodded "And your mom wants to meet me so let's just go to them"

When we entered the kitchen, everyone shot their looks at us.

"Omma? Appa?" Dongho looked at them confusingly. "What are you doing here?"

"Is that a way to greet your parents?" the woman siting beside Omma, who looked a lot like Dongho, said. Maybe she's Dongho's mom and the next to her was his dad.

Dongho smiled "Mianhe Omma" then he hugged her.

Dongho's mom introduced him to my parents. Mom is so fond of him and dad is just laughing at her. Then it's my turn to be introduced to Dongho's parents. Just like Dongho, I was showered with attention from his parents.

"Come on. Sit down now and let's eat dinner and continue our conversation." Omma said. Before sitting down, I handed the plastic bags with the ice creams to one of our maids and told her to put it in the fridge for later.

"You see, the business meeting has finished faster than we've expected it. And the next one would be til next month so to save some of our company's money for the additional fees, we decided to just come home early and then come back again next month." Omma explained.

"Your mom and I are high school best friends." Dongho's mom looked at me. "Both of our companies are the chosen partners of this big project. Then, we met there again. We actually decided to go home two days ago but her company already booked their flight for today. So I came home earlier than her."

Dongho and I both nodded in unison. Then, the foods are being served.

"You know what, my stomach's still aching." I leaned to Dongho's ear and whispered.

"Mianhe. Mine too is still aching." He pouted. We tried to eat without our parents noticing our dilemma.

Then, after a while, the elders, mostly our mothers, started showered us with questions.

"We also need to here some explanation from the both of you. Your little brother keeps on telling me that I should meet your namja chingu. Is it Dongho?" Omma looked at me.

"Wait, what?! Where's that little boy?"

"He's already asleep."

"Oh~ Well, first Dongho and I are just friends. Why does everyone today keep on telling us that?! And second, I have no namja chingu yet."

Omma chuckled.

"Are you classmates perhaps?" Dongho's mom asked.

"Lab partners in Science class." This time it was Dongho who answered.

"Do you already have partner for Prom?" Dongho's mom asked.

I shook my head "I still don't have. I'm waiting for someone but I think he has a date already. But anyways, I still have to go since I'm in the program and I still have my friends."

Then, my heart fluttered when I saw Dongho shook his head. "I still don't have but I will ask her tomorrow maybe. I think she's still free."

I thought he already asked Ji-eun, maybe they'll have a date tomorrow. I clutched my heart because it ached a little.

"Do you guys have your dress and suits already?" Omma asked.

We both shook our heads and answered "Maybe we'll buy tomorrow."

 

Then the conversation continued on...

Laughter filled the room as the elders reminisced some of their goofy past.

They would ocasionally ask us questions about school and friends but then again, the topic would be back to the elders.

 

Desert came and it was ice cream again. Dongho and I sighed seeing the horrible food and rejected it when they were offering us a bowl-full.

They asked us about our activity this morning and we just told them the major details, not even bothering to tell the minor ones. We just told them that we are dismissed early but we went to eat lunch outside, then to the park to rest a little and then to the ice cream shop; ignoring the topic about the nap on Dongho's shoulder and the couple challenge in the ice cream shop.

Dongho's family stayed there til 9 in the evening and then decided to go home.

 

Dongho and I are the first ones to go out of the gates while our parents are still busy chatting and bidding their goodbyes.

I looked back at them before closing the small gate (A/N: Sorry i don't know what it's called, you know some houses have two gates: one where the people go through and the other where the cars go through. I'm talking about the first gate I described) Then facing him, he immediately bring me closer to him and caging me in his arms. I was startled and felt so hot. His hug was so warm, so sincere, and so calming.

"Thank you" he whispered in my ear. With that, I enclosed my hands on his waist. And it brought us more closer...

We just stayed like that until we heard the sound of the gates being opened. He was the first to let go then unexpectedly, he kissed my forehead before the gate was fully opened. Then he ran to their car. He looked back one more time and flashed his sweet smile before getting inside.

I just stood there, frozen, like a mannequin displayed on a shop.

"_______, what are you still doing outside? Come on in! We don't want you to be sick in Prom, do we?" Mom's voice made me jolt and quickly entered the house.

 

(Author's POV)

Little did anybody know that someone saw everything that happened...

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am very very very sorry for the very very very late update!!! I'm just too caught up with school activities and exams...

We just finished our Monthly exams last week so I'm here to update for you... =D Yehey!

The next chapter would be a little bit short so I'll try to update it as fast as I can =)))

I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH~!!!

XOXO,

emoment16