Chapter 4

Unspoken

AFF keeps marking this mature. ._. It's really not.


My days at the SM building weren’t particularly great. In fact, they kind of . My day consisted of dancing early in the morning until lunch, singing a lot, and learning Mandarin, my selected foreign language. Dancing had to be the worst. I wasn’t great at it anyway, but the combined amount of effort and hard work put into it hurt.

That night, both me and Jongin had wanted to stay back and practice, resulting in both of us in the tiniest, most abandoned practice room there was and working together.

He would help me with my dancing, I would help him with his singing.

Then we would trade and get opinions on what we knew best.

It was a never ending cycle, but it was with the boy I couldn’t live without in my life, so it all worked out pretty okay. It was around nine when we were both satisfied and done with everything. Jongin let out a tired sigh, leaning down for a quick kiss on the lips before gathering his things.

“So, how’s life as an idol?”

I shrugged. “Stressful.”

Jongin nodded. “So is the step before idol. It .”

Before I could comment, Jongin’s phone began singing SHINee’s “Dream Girl” deep in his pocket. Jongin was just about the biggest Shawol there was. He had found Taemin in the building before and had almost started crying. He pulled out his phone and answered it. “Yeah?”

He was silent as he listened. “Okay. Thanks. Bye.”

Jongin put his phone back in his pocket, facing my confused look. “Joonmyun told me that one of the albums I ordered got shipped to his house instead of ours, so I need to go get it.”

“Which one?”

Jongin looked embarrassed. “The new SHINee one…”

I rolled my eyes. “You’re so gay for them. You are like the most manly fangirl for them that there is,” I teased, having fun with his annoyed look. “Especially your precious Taemin.”

“Hey, I was a Taemint before you were even in my life,” he defended.

“What difference does that make? You still love Taemin oppa.”

“YAH!” he shouted, followed by a laugh. “Be nice! Their music is really good, and their dances are really good learning material, alright?” he sighed, sitting down on the hardwood floor and all but collapsing, his head quietly hitting the hardwood floor, his limbs spread out.

I chuckled, gathering my bag and throwing his on top of his stomach, making him groan lightly. I grinned. “Let’s go home, you weirdo.”

~*~

After we retrieved his album, which he proudly was listening to on the car ride home, we arrived at the apartment and got out of the car, Jongin cuddling his new prize to his chest while I unlocked the door. He was already obsessed, and he had only heard the title song.

The house was chilled to the bone, so I turned the heater up and kicked off my sneakers. My clothes were sweaty and sticky, so I stripped to my boxers on my way to the bedroom and took a shower. I only did that on particularly hard days, and Jongin did it every night, so he had to wait on me to be done.

I really love showers. Have I ever shared that? I don’t think so. It’s the perfect place to stop, relax under the scalding waters, and ponder about everything in your head. I usually take a while in the shower, but it’s so worth it in the end.

I’ve made a lot of decisions in that water chamber.

When I stepped out, Jongin was , taking my spot immediately despite the possible cold water. I laughed and wrapped a towel around my waist, covering my nether regions long enough for me to get dressed in pajamas.

There wasn’t much time to relax before bed time, so we usually just got ready for bed immediately after getting home. I was brushing my teeth when Jongin was finished with his shower. I looked inside and saw a couple drops of white liquid on the shower wall.

I groaned. “Jongin, really?”

He shrugged, looking sheepish. “I’m sorry, it was there.”

“I’ll have to clean that up,” I muttered, taking a towel and wiping off of the shower wall. He really couldn’t keep his hands off of it when it wasn’t confined in his pants.

.

When both of us were ready for bed, I undid the covers and slipped in close to Jongin. I wrapped my arms around his torso, resting my head a little below his armpit and getting close to him. He held one of the hands over him and kissed my forehead before we fell asleep in silence.

If there was one thing I loved about being in a relationship with Kim Jongin, it was how he held me.

~*~

“Stop! Kyungsoo, what the was that?”

I knew what I had done. I knew that I had to own up to it. I just didn’t want to. “I, uh, went the wrong way, sir.” I couldn’t look my dance instructor in his eyes. I hated making mistakes.

“Yes, you did. Do you know how much you screwed up the others? What if you actually debuted and that happened on stage? It would be disastrous! Fatal to your future! Never do it again!” he shouted at me, staring me down with evil eyes.

“Yes, sir,” I mumbled.

He had called an after-6 practice with all of us so we could work more on our supposed debuting dance. It was pretty difficult, probably one of the most difficult for a debut, anyway. But he was really starting to break me. He did nothing but yell, the most directed to yours truly, and he was so picky and insulting that I’m beginning to wonder how he got this job.

On top of this, the first class today was horrible, I was off my game at singing practice, and I had failed my Mandarin test. Today was already bad enough, and I was just about to ready to step out of this opportunity and just quit SM all together. Let Jongin replace me or something.

Speaking of him, Jongin had gone home for the day. I was alone with my hellish teacher.

We didn’t even get to run it before he was shouting at me again, this time for doing a move too early. He was ruthless, so much that I felt hot tears pricking my eyes, already formed and ready to spew. I wouldn’t let them, though. Not yet.

He scoffed. “Are you crying? Why the hell are you crying?”

I just shook my head. I wanted to burst, but I couldn’t.

“Wow, I thought you were better than this, Kyungsoo. But now you’re crying. Why don’t you just go home and cry to your boyfriend?”

My insides crumbled. How did he know? “How did you know I have a boyfriend?”

“It’s pretty obvious, you moron,” he spat. The other four members were watching this unfold, completely stunned this was happening. I was speechless myself. The fact that Jongin was my boyfriend was one that no one could know. And now, five new people did.

I couldn’t stand it anymore. I left my spot in the formation and gathered my things, about to open the door out when he spoke. “Where are you going?”

“Home to cry to my boyfriend, ,” I mocked, slamming the door on my way out and letting the tears flow in silence.

~*~

“Give me the heaviest thing you have.”

The bartender, a young woman, looked at me skeptically. “Why would you need to drink the heaviest thing we have?” she asked curiously. “I mean, if you want to tell me.”

“You wouldn’t understand. Can I just have my drink?” I said rather harshly, making her purse her lips and pour a clear drink that smelled funny. I took a shot, and I instantly felt strange.

I was liking this.

I had ended up at the bar on my long walk home, just to get a little loose and forget my rude dance instructor and the stress of almost debuting.

I took more shots than I probably should’ve, the bartender, who was actually kind of pretty, watching me the entire time. At around five of them, I was completely out of my senses, my vision blurry and my thoughts covered in a hazy fog, incoherent.

She sighed. “Want to talk about it yet?”

I was still trying to get the colorful pictures out of my vision. “Uhh…” I drawled. “No.”

“Do you have a ride home?”

“Uhh… No.”

“Where’s your cell phone?”

“Uhh… No.”

She rolled her eyes and got out from behind the counter, fishing around in my pockets while I let it happen. She took out my cell phone and opened it to my contacts. “Who can I call?”

I tried to remember everyone in my contact list. “Jon…” I didn’t have to finish before she was on the phone with Jongin. I felt my eyelids starting to close as he picked up.

“Yes, I’m one of the workers at Sang-Cheon bar, and it appears your friend here…” She paused, talking to me now. “What’s your name, kid?”

“Kyu…ng…” I couldn’t finish.

“Kyung something here is drunk out of his mind. Can you please come get him?” Silence. “Okay, thank you.” She slid the phone back into my pocket and sighed. “Your friend’s going to be here soon.”

I didn’t hear it very well, though, for I was passed out in a few seconds.

I could tell that Jongin would kill me. He doesn’t like me getting drunk after I failed my semester exams back in college, and doing it after being a little offended over one person wouldn’t score me any sympathy points, either.

All I could recall were strong hands lifting me off the bar stool, and a mutter of, “…ing moron.”

~*~

Please comment~ Thank you!