Chapter 1

Unspoken

 

A strikingly handsome young man, no older than twenty years old, steps out of his shiny, pitch black automobile and onto the cold, wet streets of Seoul. The sky above is dark with night, but the street lights just above his head are enough to light his way. The air smells heavily of fresh rain, as it had only stopped pouring just minutes before. Water fills the streets.

He is alone.

The man removes his tall top hat and coat, checking his pocket watch quickly to see what time it was. He realizes it is a little past one in the morning. After quickly throwing his cane aside with his removed items of clothing, and he was in the middle of the shallow streets, he began to dance.

His body slides to the silent beat of his own choreography, his movements telling a story in those short, few moments. The man’s dancing was nothing to me. I see him do it almost every day, though with differing settings and times. This was no stranger. I know his face well, and I have enough knowledge of his interests to say I know him better than he knows himself.

For I am Do Kyungsoo, and this man, Kim Jongin, is my lover.

I’m there with Jongin, just off to the side. My body is clad in a suit with not a speck of dust or unwanted belongings on it, and I can feel my hair is done in a way that I could never accomplish on my own. But I am merely a bystander, a man who can only watch as Jongin does what he loves.

Jongin eventually stops dancing, leading me to stop watching. And, for some unknown, foreign reason, I begin to sing. It was a smooth melody, and it catches Jongin’s attention almost instantly. Our eyes lock, and his plump lips curl into a thin, knowing smirk.

“She’s my baby…”

His feet move; closer and closer to my frame, and my own legs glide across the water, inches from the alluring man, my brain obviously behind on my body’s actions. We stand so close to each other, eventually switching to centimeters, until, finally, I stop singing and his lips crash on mine in a passionate, loving kiss.

But then…

I woke up.

I let out a groan of frustration at the loss of a perfect dream, as such detailed that I can remember right after awakening are rare, but then I realized I wasn’t alone in the bedroom. I turned my head to find Jongin perfectly asleep on the other side of the mattress.

His hair was mussed, and he was sprawled out on his side of the bed, but he still looked so beautiful that it was hard to realize how truly lucky I was. His mouth slightly parted, his throat letting out little whimpers instead of snores, and his chest rising and falling evenly with each soft breath, I snuggled closer to his bare chest, feeling his warmth radiate through me.

I wasn’t sure how long I had lay against him, but he eventually opened his eyes and let out a tired sigh as he stretched some stiff muscles. His torso was white hot against mine with our combined body heat, but we didn’t have a heater in my room yet, so it felt good.

He smiled upon seeing me so close to him. “Good morning,” he mumbled, his voice raspy of sleep, and planted a messy kiss on my bedhead. “Did you sleep well last night?”

I nodded feebly. “I had a really good dream, too.”

He paused, pondering. He slowly peeked under the covers before speaking. “Was it wet? I don’t see any stains or morning woo—“

“No, it wasn’t wet, pabo,” I laughed, playfully hitting his bare arm and making him giggle, too. “But you were in it.”

“Aren’t I always in your dreams?”

I shrugged, realizing how often the bastard liked to show up in my sleep world. “Most of the time. Come on, let’s go eat.” My body stiff and a bit sore from yesterday’s demanding rehearsal, I climbed out of bed and straightened out what little clothing I had a on, a pair of boxers.

“What, not going to tell me about your little dream?” he teased, walking up behind me and wrapping his slender, toned arms around my stomach, resting his chin on my shoulder and pecking my neck with his lips.

“Nope.”

He scoffed, letting me go. “Why not?”

“Why do you want to know?” I teased back, sticking my tongue out and poking him in the cheek. He laughed and wiped my spit off of his face before answering.

“I deserve to; I’m your boyfriend. That, and I’m curious. I’m so curious, yeah~” he sang in English, making me laugh and lean back into his stomach.

“Relax, Taemin sunbaenim.”

“Hey, I have his dancing abilities.”

I scoffed. “Maybe in a few years, my friend. For right now, all you have is the face,” I reminded him, kissing him on the cheek. “But that’s okay. I love your face.”

Jongin smiled, kissing my shoulder quickly before pulling away and all but skipping gaily to sit at the bar. “What’s for breakfast? I’m so hungry…”

I took my position behind the stove. “Well, we still have a while until we need to be at the SM building for classes, so you don’t have to pick something quick,” I realized, looking up at the clock hanging over the fireplace in the living room of my apartment.

“Can you make me pancakes, hyung?” He only pulled ‘hyung’ when he wanted something.

I frowned. “I don’t want to.”

He got upset, just like a little child. “Come on, please? I’ll make you something tonight for dinner if you do!”

“Please don’t. I don’t want to relive your cooking anymore than I have to,” I teased. It had been a running humor between the two of us; Jongin had tried to surprise me for our six month with a nice dinner, but it turned out horrible and made me vomit twice.

I don’t let him cook anymore.

“Yeah, good point,” he sighed, but his smile grew when he saw me whip out the pancake batter. This was our typical morning; depending on our schedules at SM, we get up, eat something I made together, get dressed in comfortable clothes, and then take my car to the building.

Jongin had moved in with me after he graduated high school—barely passing, but still graduated—and sold his car to get some extra money for the apartment. Joonmyun and Jaesu had gotten married in June, with Jaesu showing a little in the stomach area. They probably took lots of advantage to the privacy, which was what I thought.

Chanyeol and Baekhyun’s wasn’t was for another three months, though.

After the pancakes popped out almost perfect and we finished, Jongin volunteered to clean up while I took a head start in getting ready for the day. I pulled some of Jongin’s basketball shorts out of our dresser, along with my tight grey t-shirt with some sort of design on the front. Jongin walked in just as I finished pulling on socks and made my way to the bathroom to freshen up.

“You do realize it’s kind of cold outside, right?” Jongin called, probably seeing what I was wearing. I turned to him, a toothbrush half in mouth, my response muffled but completely understandable.

“It matters more inside than outside,” I reminded him. “It’s hot in some of those practice rooms.”

When both of us were decent for the public, we pulled on our tennis shoes with enough traction to survive the hardwood floors of the practice rooms and walked out together, holding hands. There wasn’t anything different about this day than any of the others.

The car ride was full of silence, but I had put some headphones in and Jongin was enjoying himself with the stereo. The SM building’s parking lot was no different; all but a few spots were taken, and it was as crowded. After all, add up all of the staff, idols, and trainees competing for the award of debut, and you get lots of people to report to the building every morning.

We walked in as Jongin began explaining something Joonmyun had told him last night, but a rather old looking man, dressed from head to toe nicely, handed me a piece of paper. Jongin cut himself off, staring over my shoulder. “What is that?”

“I don’t know…” I mumbled, trying to read it.

To Do Kyungsoo,

Hello, Mr. Do. We’ve heard from your instructors how much progress you’ve been making, and therefore are moving you to different, more advanced classes. Your new schedule is listed below. Have a nice day!

Bewildered, I looked over the classes in realization. “None of these are the same.”

Jongin frowned, disappointed. “That’s okay. That means you’re noticing you! That’s great! Just go off, and I’ll meet you in the lobby for lunch, okay?”

“Yeah,” I mumbled, pecking him on the lips before walking off to my new room. It was a few doors down from my old one, I noticed, but I slid the door open in silence.

The first thing I noticed was that there were only four other boys in this new “class”, and they all looked as confused as I did. The second thing, and probably more important thing I noticed was that Lee Sooman stood up front, smiling at me.

“Hello, Kyungsoo. How nice of you to join us.”

Uh oh.

~*~

Hey, guys! Kind of a short first chapter, I know, I'm sowwy. >.< The next chapter will be longer, but kind of far away... track season is here and I'm going to be doing a lot of running and then some to make sure I make the team.

Hope you can understand.

I hope you enjoyed! :D <3