Chapter 11

Unspoken

After a week on the medicine, the neurologist had written me up for another appointment to see if any improvement had been made. The appointment was made on a Saturday, Jongin’s only day off of the week, so he tagged alone as support—and to get out of the apartment for a while.

Not even bothering with my hair, I had put on my hat, while Jongin had taken twenty minutes alone on his. I wasn’t sure why he was suddenly more involved in his appearance; probably due to his whole debut. I didn’t necessarily mind it, but…

“Why do you take so long to make sure you look good? The only one who’s going to care is me, and even then I really don’t,” I assured him. “You could look like you took a dive in a dumpster and I would still love you.”

“While that is flattering,” he started with a small smile, “my manager told us that we have to start not only getting in shape, but looking good. Fans eat good appearances right up.”

That was true, but I was hung on one of his earlier statements. “You already have a manager?”

He nodded as we walked down the bustling streets. It was a Saturday afternoon, anyway, cold or not. “She was assigned to us yesterday. She’s very nice. We were also going to get dorms, too, but they decided not to because we’re a mixed group and that would get awkward.”

“Yeah. Plus, you weren’t going to actually move out, were you?”

He scoffed. “Of course not. I’d much prefer to have you than those two.”

My hand emerged from the front pocket of my jeans and found his, squeezing the fingers laced with my own. He always said sweet nothings like that to me. It was a daily thing. “You’re too good to me.”

“You’re too good to be mine.”

“There you go again,” I laughed. He cracked a smile as the office came into view. Jongin, like a gentleman, opened the door for me on the way in. The office still smelled scarily sterile, but now there were a few more people waiting for their turn with the doctor. I signed in with the secretary, a girl this time, and she gave me a weird look before checking me in for my appointment.

I imagined it was my age. The others here had to be in their 40s.

Jongin and I took a seat by the glass doors leading into the office, getting close to the light and not in the middle of the stuffy office. The wooden chairs creaked as we eased into them, either from age or the weight difference between me and air.

With the two chairs so close to each other and everyone’s views facing from us, he slowly lowered his head onto my shoulder, nuzzling his warm face into my neck and slowly planting kisses down my jaw. I relaxed my frame, resting my chin on the top of his head. His hair was stiff but I didn’t really mind. He exhaled a big breath, shooting through my whole body and making hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

It took a while, but the doctor finally called my name and disappeared into his office, assuming I knew where to go. I smiled at Jongin, gave him a quick kiss on the lips, and stood up. “I’ll be back soon, okay?”

“I’ll be here,” he responded with a wink.

Regretfully, I left my lover and disappeared into the back of the building.

~*~

“I’m really happy that you’re okay,” Jongin suddenly brought up. The car ride home had mostly been silent, besides the white noise of the heater in my old car. I was driving today, which Jongin mostly did, but with my new found news that I was perfectly fine as long as I stayed on the medicine meant I could drive without being scared of an oncoming headache. “I don’t feel like I tell you this enough, but I love you.”

I grinned as I could feel him staring at my profile. Taking one hand off the wheel, I found his and gave it a gentle squeeze, still smiling like an idiot. “I know, Jongin. Don’t worry. I love you too.”

Our relationship wasn’t simply being boyfriends anymore. If felt like something so much more, so much stronger, like soulmates. It was hard to describe the feelings in my heart that I had when I was with him, as cheesy as it may appear. It was like he was the other half of me. I couldn’t be away from him long.

That would explain why we always held hands.

Pulling into the available parking space in front of the apartment, I stopped the car, separating my hold on Jongin’s hand to go inside. He followed close behind me as I removed my shoes and jacket. The kitchen lights were still on due to us not leaving for long, mixed with simple forgetfulness, so I could easily see as a grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge.

It was quiet until Jongin spoke. “Hey, babe?”

I lowered myself into the dining room chair, my laptop, which was charging, sitting on the table. I opened the lid and typed in my password as I replied. “Yeah?”

“Do you think, uh… if you’re not busy… you could help me with my singing? There’s not really any rapping in some of the ballads we’re going to have on the album and—“

I put a hand up to silence him, sensing his insecurity. “I get it,” I assured him with a smile. “Yeah, I’ll help you. But you have to make sure you’re ready first.”

While I let him warm up, I pulled up one of my music programs just in case I needed tuning or pitches. Jongin had just asked for something I knew very well about. We worked on matching pitch for a while and octaves, until he finally pulled the lyric sheet out of his bag and handed it to me.

“What am I supposed to do with this?” I asked with a frown. “I don’t know the beat.”

He took the papers back, studying them for a second before his soft brown orbs looked right into my own. “No, but I do. I’m going to sing, and you tell me if I’m doing any good.”

I nodded, taking a seat so I could listen to him without my knees hurting. He seemed a bit hesitant, but finally started singing. He wasn’t the best, that was clear, but he had definitely improved from the half hour of tuning I had just used on him.

He sang a verse and stopped. “Was that good?”

I nodded, not even lying to save his feelings. “You’re getting better. Is there a reason you’re asking me for help, though? No one’s being mean to you about your singing, are they?”

Jongin quickly shook his head, looking like a kid who just got in trouble. “No. I just know I’m better at dancing, and the other important thing I’m not at good at. I just wanted to strengthen it a little before the album.”

“If you work on it, you’ll improve, alright? Practice means permanent.” I assured him. He nodded and walked over to me, wrapping his tan arms around me and squishing him closer to the fabric of his t-shirt. I grabbed a fistful of the cloth and pulled myself up a little to kiss him. We kissed for a few short minutes, mouth open, tongues exploring.

Soft moans were exchanged until I had to part for air. I in a deep breath, Jongin watching me with a grin. I met his gaze, and we slowly burst into a laugh. His eyes crinkled, folding into little crescents as his chest heaved with each laugh.

When we had calmed down, he had pulled me close again. I buried my head in his chest, able to smell his cologne. I breathed in the glorious scent as he buried his face in my hair. Jongin had said something, but it was muffled, so I couldn’t hear it. “What was that?”

He pulled his face out of my hair, only to put it back as soon as he was done talking. “I love you.”

“Love you too, Jongin.” After a few more seconds, we separated, and I went back to my laptop, closing my music programs and getting on the internet. I was about to pull up my book sales when Jongin emerged with earbuds in, blasting what sounded like SHINee—some people never change—while sporting basketball shorts and no shirt, revealing his toned stomach.

Even though I saw it all the time, his chest always makes me double take.

“What are you doing?” I asked, but then I remembered he couldn’t hear me with his music. I waved my hands, catching his attention and making him take out one of his pieces.

“What?”

“Are you going to work out?” I asked, finally putting everything together. He had to work out a lot to make sure he had no chance of losing his fitness. Jongin would come home a lot of times only to drop down on the floor and work out more. It looked like it was the worst way to live, but he couldn’t fight.

Jongin would do anything for this, and he’s grasped it by the neck.

He just can’t let it slip out.

Nodding happily, Jongin put his earbud in, tucking his phone into the pocket of his shorts and starting to do push-ups. His biceps flared with every rising of his body, and even though it was a marvelous site, I had other things to do.

I had been thinking about my writing a lot this week. Whether or not I actually wanted to go through with my plans of coming back as no longer D.O, but Do Kyungsoo. I had been waiting for the moment to reveal myself, and I had been hoping it was towards the end, but now, I can’t let it end just yet.

Picking up my cell phone a few minutes later, I looked through my contacts and landed on Yunho’s. I hit call, and, in two rings, the deep voice of my past editor was heard through my phone. “Yoboseyo? Kyungsoo?”

“Annyeong, hyung-nim. How has your day been?”

He sounded confused. “Good… is there a reason you’re calling me? Not that it’s a bad thing or anything, but I’m just really curious since your writing is over…”

“Oh, that.” I wasn’t sure how to put my situation into words, but I tried. “Well, I tried to become an idol at SM Entertainment, and I came really close, but it didn’t happen, so I want to start writing again.”

“If it’s because you don’t not want a job, I’m pretty sure you can pay your bills for life with the amount of copies your books have sold,” Yunho assured me.

“Yeah, but it might be fun to pick back up where I left off. I mean, that series is spent, but with a new series that everyone will love even more,” I promised, thoughts already flooding my head about what could happen if I came back to being an author.

He was silent for a second, but quickly spoke again. “Well, I’m perfectly fine with it. I actually kind of miss editing your books. But I’ll have to ring up your publishing company and see if they’re on board. I’ll call you back in a few, alright?”

“Yeah. Thanks again, hyung-nim.”

“Thanks for coming back.”

The line went dead, and I put down my phone just in time for Jongin to stand up, already sweating horribly after fifteen minutes. He swallowed gulps of water and tried to regulate his breathing. I couldn’t help but comment on it. “That’s some hard cardio.”

Jongin cracked a smile. “You can call it that.”

A few minutes later, my cell phone rang, but I was making Jongin dinner. “Babe, can you get that for me?”

With a nod, Jongin sauntered over to the dining room table, picking it up and holding it up to my ear as I used both hands to stir the contents in the pot. “Yoboseyo?”

“Hey, Kyungsoo. So I called the head of the publishing company.”

“Yeah? What’d he say?” I ignored Jongin’s confused expression; he had been blasting music when I had called him before, so he had no idea what was happening between me and my editor.

“They said they’re more than happy to let you in. You don’t have a limit this time around. I could tell they really missed their money maker,” he explained to me, making my cheeks turn hotter than they did with Jongin.

“This is great. Thanks, Yunho.”

“No problem. I expect great things from you, kid.”

He hung up. I set my phone on the counter, unable to wipe the grin from my face. Jongin still looked bewildered beyond belief, so I brought him up to date. “I called Yunho, and I’m back as a writer.”

“That’s great, babe!” he said with a smile, hugging me from behind and kissing my forehead. I craned my neck so I could kiss him on the cheek, and suddenly his teeth gently grabbed the top of my ear, slightly dragging them across. His hot breath filled my ear as he whispered. “I say we celebrate after dinner. I’ll handle everything.”

My eyes went wider than I knew was possible.

~*~

Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed the chapter~ :D It's been a while since just a pure fluffy chapter popped up, and I didn't have much planned for this one anyway. Sorry. :P But I'm here to let you guys know that I won't be able to write this week. Starting Thursday I have to pack for a three week trip. Don't worry, I'll be writing, but I'll be doing a lot of traveling and business until probably Sunday.

But you're going to haaaate the update. Promise. >:D

Oh, and if you guys are fans of BaekYeol, please take a look at my new fic, Distant Stars, which is *mostly* BaekYeol. -shamless advertising ftw-

Anyway, thanks for reading~ Please comment~ <3