Too many

Coincidences

 

It was too many for a coincidence.

I nearly couldn’t believe my eyes when I caught Mr. Kim got out from the principal’s room of the most prestigious and well-known Jiksang High School. Today was the test day for transferred students.  I was registered to the test too – My mom had forced me to change my school from Hansang to Jiksang. I declined her but she excused that however, Jiksang was better than Hansang.

Mr. Kim was apparently also noticing me. He – and of course with his son – stepped closer to me with his typical happy face still plastered on his aged face.

“Hi, Heeyeon! We meet again. It feels like a magic,” he giggled but his son wasn’t.

I smiled sheepishly, bowing at him. “Ne, I have a test today. I have just moved from my previous school.”

“Really?” he widened his eyes. “I’m also accompanying Himchan for having test today. Are you coming here alone?”

I slightly nodded, bitting my lower lip. “You’re such a little boy, aren’t you, Himchan? Heeyeon does it all alone but you still need your appa to be with you.”

“Who wants it first?” he murmured before rolled his eyes and put his arms on his chest. His voice was deep. It was 7 out of 10 on a range of deepness level.

It seemed that Mr. Kim didn’t hear it because he immediately turn his face to me again. “When you will have your test? Himchan will be at 11. They said there will be three groups with fifty people on each, but they will only choose five out of all.”

I looked up, feeling a bit shock that we will be on the same test. “I-I will be at 11 too.”

“Seriously? Wow, what a coincidence!” he shooked his head. Then he asked Himchan, “Where will your test take place?” Himchan simply answered him by holding uo a card with a ‘Room 2’ written on it.

My heart sank.

“And you?”

“Room two.”

“Whoaah how come the both of you will be on the same test?” he said as he patted Himchan’s shoulder gently.

I had an eye contact with Himchan. I found him was almost smiling, or was I only imagining? Because his whole face suddenly turned normal again – cold and unfriendly; as usual – in such an eye blink.


Another short chapter lol

I will really appreciate it if you leave a comment. Thanks for reading :D