Oppressive

Coincidences

 

I woke up with a rather good news.

Mr. Kim told my mom that a donor heart for Himchan was available – He needed a transplantation for his weak heart. It would be held this afternoon but we should have already been there before the lunch time. After having breakfast, we immediately went there.

He was already there. He looked very nervous, but somehow he looked happy because soon, his marred son would receive a donor heart. But I surely knew what the risks going to be borne by the recipient once the surgery failed or the new organ was rejected – I’d been studied biology for years.

“Mr. Kim is ready with all the consequences. The comparison is 50:50. If the heart is suitable, Himchan will be able to undergo his activities as he is, even stronger than ever. But if it’s not,” The Doctor stopped as he shoved his hands to his blazer’s pocket. He took a deep breath, “it’s very difficult to find a heart that matches two different person.”

I myself was there, next to Himchan, along with the teddy bear that I had taken out from his house. I his hair gently, which was more likely seen as a hanging curtain.

Everyone was there; the family and his friends. There were also Yeonmi and Yuri. They all smiled gently, mutually reinforcing each other.

I saw the face of Mr. Kim. He seemed to have been given an injection of morale. No more sadness left on his tired face. He had been prepared for the worst. He was ready to take Himchan back to home once the surgery succeed. But he had to give up to whatever God had decided. Yes, he had managed to strengthen himself.

What about me? No, my feelings were too big to be left. And this was too oppressive. It was going to be my difficult if Himchan would never know what I’d felt through him, well, if he successfully recovered.

Your freaking confession had made me believe, that I really need you more than anything, I said to myself, and it wasn’t kind of cliché.

The surgery finally began. The operating room now closed. We were all waiting, praying in deep silence.

About an hour and half later, the lights turned off, indicating that activities on the room had been completed. We waited nervously. I nearly couldn’t feel my heartbeat.

Mr. Kim was callen into the room. Then after few minutes inside, he came out with tears on his cheeks.

No. Not that look that I had expected. No, this was impossible.

I wasn’t think any longer and immediately rushed off, running through the doors of the corridor. I found out Himchan was lying on the bed once I got there. But the oxygen and IV tubes were no longer attached to him.

I brushed off the nurses’ hands who kept me away. I was blinded by tears.

I put my lips on his forehead. I grabbed his cold hands tightly. I whispered softly, almost restrained.

“I Love you, Himchan...”


So, this is the end of the story. I wanna say thanks to all the readers and subscribers :)

I really appreaciate it if you leave a comment below. Don't be a silent reader, I won't bite you, kay?

And sorry for made you waiting so long bcs I had to fix up my laptop.

See you on my next stories. *bows*

a.n: If you noticed, I've changed a fictional character's name. Yup, it was Yuri, not Jihyun kkk