Knowing Him

Death Rider

 

Junhyung knows Hyuna is not like other girls. She just wear a simple white tank top along with baggy denim jeans whenever she reports for work. When she’s repairing the cars or bikes, she doesn’t care if there’s black stains of grease on her arms and hands, even face at times. She’s fierce and that’s what makes Junhyung likes to provoke her more. To see how long she can last in this workshop.

The boss called Junhyung from the second floor, shouting his name. He groaned and made his way up. Few minutes later, Junhyung went back down and started asking his fellow mechanics what they want for lunch. Its normal for everyone to have Junhyung buying them lunch-with the boss’s money- but not for Hyuna. When Junhyung asked her what she wanted, she looked at him warily.

“Why are you buying lunch?” she asked.

“Coz the boss asked me to?” he said like he think Hyuna was stupid.

“But why you? And why can’t we all buy our own lunch?”

Junhyung sighed and looked upwards, his dry lips before turning back to her.

“This is the norm here. Boss gives me money, I ask for orders and I buy the lunch. I get back, two by two take turns to eat in that room,” he said pointing to their resting room where they put their personal belongings.

“But-“

“Look, do you want to eat or not? I’m getting tired of answering your questions when some people here are already starving,” Junhyung said, losing his patience before Hyuna could ask him.

Hyuna pouted slightly, quite taken aback by his words. “Ramen,” she said.

“What, instant? Seriously?”

“Yes. Why if I asked for steak, do you know where to get it?” she stared at him.

He smirked. “Don’t underestimate me. Some of the guys here had asked for Fish and Chips, Chicken Chop, spaghetti and all the other food that is hard to find before but I still manage to come back on time.”

“Wow.. Good job on your skills to find food!” she mocked him, clapping lightly.

“I still want ramen. Instant ramen,” she said, crossing her arms. He just nodded and shrugged. Junhyung walked away as he scribbled down her order into his small notepad.

Hyuna was still quite confused by the life here in the workshop. Why does Junhyung gets the privillages? He sounds and acts like he owned the place. Does he?

Hyuna walked towards Yoseob who’s checking the source of the problem in the engine of a car. “Hey Yoseob,” she said, smiling as he looked up to the person beside him.

“Oh hey! What’s up?” he asked.

“Can I.. ask you some questions?”

“Yeah sure,” he said, turning back to the car. Hyuna leaned on one of the headlights of the car as she pondered on her question.

“Who’s Junhyung?” she asked. That was clearly a dumb question.

Yoseob laughed. “A prince maybe? Or do you want him to be spiderman instead?”

Hyuna pushed Yoseob lightly and laughed. “Not that. I mean, why does he gets so much special treatment from the boss?”

“Special treatment? Such as?”

“Well.. when I first came here and the boss wanted to ask him to show me around, he demand for something in return and he got it! And why does he get to go out to order food for all of us? Why not you? Or Joon? Or whoever? Why him?”

Yoseob screwed something tighter in the engine and looked up, wiping his hands on the pants of his boiler suit. “Its not really a surprise though. Junhyung is the most valuable employee here. Although he’s always late, he does his work on time, sometimes even faster. Our workshop gets so many praises because of the great job he always do for the customers’ vehicles. Of course, others do a good job as well but not as good as him,” he explained.

“So you know, he kinda deserve it if he asks for something because his salary is the same as all of us even though he gets more customers for the workshop. As for the food thing, well Junhyung had offered to buy us lunch one time and he gets back fast. He also knows where to get delicious food at low cost. So the boss trusted the ‘lunch duty’ to him,” he finished. Hyuna nodded, trying to understand everything.

tumblr_mheaxnEn5v1rsjlqlo1_250.jpg

Junhyung walked into the workshop bringing in bags full of food. He went straight to the room and placed the plastic bags on the table. He let out a tired sigh. He took his boss’s order and went up to give it to him. As he stood outside the office, he annouced to the other mechanics at the first level, “So who’s already hungry?”

All of them looked up and then at each other, deciding who to eat first. In the end, they’ve decided that Yoseob and Thunder will go first. They will always go two by two when it comes to lunch. Since there are only seven of them at first, Junhyung would always volunteer to be the last one, eating by himself or he will join Yoseob and Thunder.

Mir looked up at Junhyung. “Hyung! You eat with Hyuna!” he said. The rest of the crew giggled like highschool girls and pretended not to hear afterwards.

“Yeah whatever,” Junhyung said, walking down the stairs.

After the boys had had their lunch, Junhyung went inside with Hyuna. They ate their lunch in silence. Hyuna found it awkward. Junhyung found it normal.

“Why do you want to work here?” Junhyung asked suddenly. Hyuna stopped eating abruptly and looked up from her ramen.

“Because I want to?” Hyuna was expecting an annoying reply from him but he just nodded in reply. He’s a man with few words, she thought.

“Why here?” he asked.

“Huh?”

“You want to work as a mechanic. But why here?” he asked, looking up at her. For the first time Junhyung just looked at her. There isn’t a get-lost-from-my-sight expression or you-annoy-me look. And for the first time Hyuna felt the heat rising as he was looking directly into her eyes. They were across each other and the table wasn’t that big either.

“Oh. Um.. I er..” Suddenly she was lost for words. Its like she couldn’t find her tongue. When Junhyung challenged her to something, she could still fight back. But just by the look from his sincere eyes, it left her speechless.

“Hey, are you okay?” Junhyung asked, eyebrows furrowed together as he tilted his head to the side. Hyuna blinked to get her own self back and looked away. The more she look at Junhyung, the more she couldn’t talk. 

tumblr_mheaxnEn5v1rsjlqlo1_250.jpg

Thank You for those show had subscribed! :)) Love you all so sooo muchh^^

Comment && Subscribe!