Final

Death Rider

 

Junhyung opened his eyes slowly only to shut them back when the bright lights in the unknown room shone into his eyes.

“Junhyung? Are you awake??” He heard the familiar voice of his sister beside him. He tried to open his eyes again and tried to sit up. Then he felt a deep pain in his head as if he had been hit with a baseball bat or maybe something worse.

“Ahh…” Junhyung winced and held on his head.

“Wait wait don’t move! I’ll call the doctor!” his sister panicked and ran out of the ward. More people went into the ward along with the doctor.

The doctor opened Junhyung’s eyes and shine the torch to check his condition. “Can you open your eyes Junhyung?” he asked. Junhyung nodded briefly and opened his eyes slowly again.

Finally his vision registered his surroundings. He was still lying down. When he wanted to get up, the doctor stopped him immediately.

“Woah woah lie down first. You’re still quite weak to sit up,” he said. Junhyung looked at the doctor cluelessly.

“Welcome back Junhyung,” he smiled.

“Huh?” Junhyung spoke with his voice that sounded husky.

“You’ve been in coma for a week. That accident was really a big blow. You were lucky to have survived,” the doctor explained.

The doctor left soon after and Junhyung was being surrounded by his friends. His sister went out to the bathroom for awhile after being with Junhyung for the rest of the night when he was in coma.

Simon D went to his side and placed a brown envelope on his bed. “You won again bro,” he said with a smile.

Junhyung managed to smile slightly. “Where’s Vi?” he asked.

“In the next ward. He broke his leg but he’s healing. Just need to use the crutches for a few weeks.” Junhyung just nodded. Thank god he’s alive.

Junhyung stubbornly wanted to sit up despite the doctor’s advice. His friends tried to stop him also but it was too late. He fell back down on the bed.

Junhyung frowned and his breathing started to get rapid. “Why can’t I feel my legs?” he asked them. All of them looked away, not wanting to make any eye contact with him.

“Yah! Why can’t I feel my legs??” Junhyung shouted. Yoseob, being the closest to him, bit his lip and went beside Junhyung.

“Junhyung-ah.. the crash.. well accident.. erm.. hit a vital part of your brain..” Yoseob said slowly. Junhyung raised an eyebrow.

“So??” he asked impatiently, grabbing Yoseob’s arm.

“Half of your body is paralysed,” Yoseob said softy but he could hear it clearly. Junhyung’s angry expression changed. He shut his eyes and let go of his buddy’s arm. Slowly he turned his head away from all them.

“Junhyung-ah.. we’re all are here for you,” Yoseob said.

“We’ll help you through it all,” Gikwang added.

“Junhyung be strong,” Doojoon said.

“Can you guys leave me alone?” Junhyung said in a pleading voice. He didn’t want to chase his friends away but he just needed some time alone.

His friends understand him very well and left the ward quietly, closing the door shut. Hearing the door close, Junhyung’s tears immediately flow down his cheeks. He had always survived any obstacles in the Death Race. He always escapes Death. This time, he nearly didn’t made it alive. But he did. Just that he lost something even more important. His legs.

Sure after all the therapy he may be able to walk again. But when? Can he even afford to pay for all those therapies? He might not walk again.

 

Just then he heard the door opened. He grunted frustratedly and shut his eyes.

“I said I want to be alone!” he shouted and turned to see who had dared to disturb his peace. His frown vanished when he saw her. He didn’t say anything and waited as she walked towards him.

Hyuna pursed her lips, holding in her tears. She sat down at the edge of his bed and looked at him. She took his hand which he let her and held it tight.

“Thank you,” she whispered. He just kept quiet.

“If its not for you, Seungri would have died..” she said softly.

“Are you done?” he asked. She looked at him confused of his tone.

“If you’re done, leave.”

“J-jun..”

“Leave Hyuna. You don’t have to be with some who doesn’t trust you. You don’t have to be with someone like me,” he said seriously and pushed her hand away from his hand.

She didn’t want to leave. Hyuna still sat there, tears slowly flowing down her cheeks. Seeing that she wasn’t leaving, he pushed her weakly to get off the bed.

“Go… Just go now… Leave me…” he begged as he tried to push her off.

Hyuna shook her head. “I don’t want to..”

“Leave Hyuna… Leave.. please..” Junhyung finally managed to push Hyuna off and she stood beside his bed.

“Just leave please,” Junhyung said. Ignoring everything Junhyung had said, Hyuna stepped forward and hugged his body, resting her head on his chest.

“I don’t want to leave you. Please don’t make me leave.. Please..” Hyuna cried.

Junhyung shut his eyes and bit his lower lip. The sight of her crying pains him more than the accident.

“I’m useless now Hyuna. I can’t walk, can’t race. Who knows I can’t even work anymore. Just leave and find someone better. Maybe we shouldn’t have met,” he said softly.

Hyuna didn’t say anything. She just held onto Junhyung showing that she won’t leave him no matter what he said.

 

EPILOGUE

Hyuna looked around the workshop, trying to find him. She smiled to herself as she spotted him fixing something in the bonnet of a car. She crept behind him and hugged him from behind, startling him.

“Gosh I thought something fell on me!” Junhyung sighed in relief when he found out that Hyuna was behind him.

“Something?? Am I that heavy huh??” she asked angrily. He chuckled when she let go of the hug. He turned around and saw her crossing her arms, pouting.

“Aigooo~ I was just kidding.. Come on..” he said, trying to coax her as he caressed her arm up and down. Hyuna just looked away, still pretending to be hurt.

“Aishh if only I can pull you towards me. Or can I?” he smirked. He held on her waist and pulled her nearer as he rested his head on her stomach. He shook his head, tickling her and making her giggle instantly.

“Okay okay! You win!” she said, holding on his shoulders. Hyuna leaned down to give him a peck on the lips before pushing him on the wheelchair to the room where their food is.

“I didn’t say I want to eat! Yah!” Junhyung protested.

“If I don’t bring you to your food, you will never take a break! You don’t have a say Yong Junhyung,” Hyuna said and smiled as Junhyung just pouted and crossed his arms just like she did a few seconds ago.

 

tumblr_mheaxnEn5v1rsjlqlo1_250.jpg

So yes! That's about it! :)) Hope you guys enjoyed it although its not really what I expected it to be. Thank you for reading and now I shall go back to one of my fics :P

 

Btw I was thinking of doing this, like a short movie also but I don't know yet. Just sayingggg~ ;)

tumblr_mhoygrkEbB1rsjlqlo1_500.jpg