The Race

Death Rider

 

 

tumblr_mheaxnEn5v1rsjlqlo1_250.jpg

“Yeah I’m okay,” she said and continued eating her food. Junhyung didn’t know what just happened. Why did she stutter suddenly? Did he ask something wrong? Was she caught red-handed about something? But if she did, she would be much more speechless and looking all around to avoid the question. But she just stared at him, lost at words.

“You didn’t answer my first question,” said Junhyung who had already stopped eating and put all his attention on the girl in front of him.

“The workshop is close to my apartment. That’s why,” Hyuna said calmly but not looking up at him.

“Where do you live?” he asked curiously. Hyuna wanted to blow up at him for being nosy but that would mean she has to look up and see his dreamy eyes again. She decided to pass that.

“Few blocks from here. The building with 15 floors.” There’s only one building with 15 floors in that area. The others only has 10-12 floors.

“Oh? I’ve never seen you before. I live there too,” he said. Now she had to look up.

“Really? Maybe because I’m staying at a level lower than yours?” she said.

“Ahh.. Yeah maybe..” he said, nodding. “So we’re neighbours. Interesting..” he added.

Hyuna wanted to ask something but she was scared she might be judged for it. She just kept quiet.

“Do you have a boyfriend Hyuna?” he asked. Well that saved her. She was about to ask if he has a girlfriend.

“Why do you wanna know?”

“Just curious. I mean, if you do, I wonder how your boyfriend reacts when he knows you’re working as a mechanic,” he said casually.

“Is it so wrong that I’m a mechanic Junhyung?” she asked, smoke fuming out of her ears.

He laughed. “Its not wrong. Aside from you will get grease all over your arms and and face, you’re working with a group of guys. Aren’t you scared? If you’re not, isn’t your boyfriend scared?”

“Firstly, to answer your question, I don’t have a boyfriend. Secondly, what’s there to be scared of? It’s a workshop, not a night club,” she said defensively.

He smirked. “What if you get… d?” he whispered, leaning forward.

“I can just shout for the boss or run away,” she replied showing that she’s not afraid of his words.

“The boss is a man too you know.. And there are 7 guys here versus 1 girl, you.” He raised an eyebrow.

“The guys here are nice and honest. Maybe not you.”

“Looks can be decieving Hyuna..” With that he stood up, threw his empty packet of food into the rubbish bin and walked out.

tumblr_mheaxnEn5v1rsjlqlo1_250.jpg

“Yo! Wassup wassup!” Dujun said through the crowds of other riders, high-fiving some of them. He got to his clique and fist pumped with each other.

“Where’s Junhyung?” As if knowing that he was being mentioned, Junhyung walked through the crowds just like Dujun did but quieter. Instead of him going to people-just like Dujun- people rushed to him to at least get a handshake and for the girls, giving him a peck on the cheek if they are lucky.

“There’s our man.. Was just asking about you,” Dujun said, giving him a brotherly hug.

“Yeah I heard,” Junhyung smirked. All of them chatted about everything under the sun-which most probably would have set since its night- when the leader of the race called for the riders’ attention.

“Okay so tonight we’ll have 3 races. First would be Dujun versus TOP, then Gikwang and Taeyang and lastly, Junhyung and Vi. Like they all said, save the best for the last,” Simon D said and the rest laughed and cheered. Junhyung is the best rider among them. And best not only means he always win in races. He’s the only rider that has survived countless of times despite all the death races. These races only has one rule and that is: the money goes to the winner. Riders can do whatever to the other rider to win. The winner is the one who gets to the finishing line first. Dead or alive, that doesn’t matter. The money still goes to the winner even if it has to buried along with the rider.

But eversince the group Big Bang joined them, Seungri, also known as Vi, is known to be just as good as him. Maybe even better.

Junhyung was leaning on his own bike when Seungri approached him as the rest are getting ready for their races. He walked with a smile on his face so Junhyung did the same. They shook hands and hugged briefly.

“Finally I get to race with the Yong Junhyung. Heard a lot about you,” Seungri said with an impressive tone.

Junhyung laughed. “I’m not that great you know. Just a normal rider with some skills up my sleeves.” Seungri nodded smiling.

“Well this is a friendly race but if I lose, I hope I can compete with you again until I win. Do you mind?” he asked. Junhyung still don’t know why Seungri had asked for a friendly race. Friendly race means a fair race. No guns, baseball bats, or anything that could weaken the other rider. He didn’t mind though since he never won his races with those kinds of tactics.

“Nah I don’t mind. I’d be glad to. Racing is my hobby you know? I don’t really care about the opponent,” Junhyung said.

“But you do care about winning right?”

“Not really but the prize is… Well no one can refuse that right?” Both of them laughed and nodded knowingly.

“Okay everyone the race is starting!” Yoseob shouted and people start gathering at the starting point.

tumblr_mheaxnEn5v1rsjlqlo1_250.jpg

“Can you close the workshop tonight?” the boss asked as Junhyung stood in front of him.

“Yeah sure. Where do you have to go?” Junhyung smirked, wriggling his eyebrows.

“I have a date,” his boss whispered. After a moment of silence, both of them laughed out loud together.

“Oh that was the funniest joke I’ve ever heard!” Junhyung laughed, wiping tears at the corner of his eye.

“My friends invited my to dinner tonight. So it still can be considered a date right?”

“Uh-huh.. Suit yourself. Keys?” Junhyung said, opening his palm infront of the boss’s face. He placed the keys on his trustable employee and leaned back on his seat.

“How’s yesterday?” he asked, knowing that Junhyung normally races at night.

Junhyung smiled proudly. “Won,” he said simply and walked out of the office swinging the keys at the edge of his index finger.

Night time came and one by one left the workshop. Junhyung didn’t have any race that night but it doesn’t mean he will be home on time. He caught Yoseob’s arm before the younger stepped out of the workshop. He turned.

“Yah are we going anywhere tonight? I didn’t hear any plans from Dujun,” Junhyung said.

“Ahh.. We’re all busy tonight Jun. Sorry. I have some family gathering that I would seriously love to get out from but I can’t. Dujun has overnight shift. You can try the rest?” Yoseob said.

Junhyung clicked his tongue. “Its okay then. I guess I’ll just go home.”

“You need to rest too. Yesterday was tiring right? I bet he wants to go again,” he said, placing a hand on the elder’s shoulder.

Junhyung scoffed. “Yeah but he’s okay. Competitive but friendly.” Yoseob nodded in acknowledgement.

tumblr_mheaxnEn5v1rsjlqlo1_250.jpg

Junhyung was cleaning up the place bit by bit as the workshop is nearly empty. Nearly because there was still Hyuna. She was repairing one of the cars that needed to be done by tomorrow afternoon. Seeing that she was no where near done, Junhyung walked towards her.

She was lying on the roller, under the car when Junhyung stood beside her. He just waited for her to glide out of the car, on the roller. Hyuna jumped slightly, hitting her forehead on the edge of the car when she saw Junhyung.

“Oww….” She whined softly, rubbing her forehead. He knelt down on one knee and asked if she was okay. She just narrowed her eyes at him and nodded.

Junhyung let out a short laugh. “I didn’t mean to scare you. What time are you going back? I’m closing the workshop already.”

“When I’m finish with this car,” she said, taking a screwdriver and going back under the car. Junhyung sighed.

“But I wanna go home…” he whined, messing up his hair with his hand.

“Then go”

“But you’re still here. You don’t expect me to close the workshop with you inside right..”

He could hear Hyuna mumuring something to herself. “Then just wait. I’m almost finished,” she said.

Junhyung sighed again and stood up. This time he walked to the already torn leather sofa by the side and slumped onto it. He stared at Hyuna who was busy with her work. If she was wearing a skirt, he would have a perfect view of her , with her right leg propped up as such.

He tilted his head slightly to the side and saw her focused face, concentrating on fixing the car. Somehow seeing her focused made him smile. Suddenly his phone rang and it was an unknown number. Junhyung just answered.

“Hey! Its Vi. Still remember me?” the caller said cheerfully.

“Oh! Hey what’s up? Come on its just last night. How can I forget?” Junhyung replied, laughing.

“Just wanted to tell you about the next race. Afternoon, next week. Can you make it?”

“Afternoon? If it’s a weekday, can’t. I got work. Why the change in time?”

Seungri laughed short. “Who knows you’re just good at night time. I told you, I will race you till I win.”

That made Junhyung laughed out loud until Hyuna looked up at him as she was looking for a tool. Junhyung just ignored.

“Sure sure. But weekends maybe?”

“Okay. Weekends then. I’ll text you further details later on.”

“Cool. Meet you next weekend then.” With that, both of them hang up.

“Looks like someone’s got a date..” Hyuna commented as she stood up to put away her toolbox.

Junhyung chuckled. “Why? Is someone jealous?” he smirked.

Hyuna scoffed. “You wish..”

Junhyung just smiled and shook his head to himself. “You’re done?” She just nodded. That’s weird. Usually she would say, “ya think?” sarcastically or any other remarks. One thing is for sure, Hyuna was never silent.

He stood up and made his way quietly to the store room that Hyuna just entered to put away her tools.

tumblr_mheaxnEn5v1rsjlqlo1_250.jpg

~ Comment && Subscribe lovesss ~

(Oh btw, does anyone here watched Death Note the live action before? Not the anime one. I know its an old movie but I just got the chance to watch it and I watch all 3 of them :P So if you have, and you love it, please tell me so I can spazz a lil bit on L. Lawliet ^^)