She's New

Death Rider

 

Junhyung opened his eyes to have the sunlight sines directly into his eyes. He groaned in frustration and covered his face with his pillow. Who the hell open the curtains??

“Yah wake up you useless bastard!” The shout came from outside but it sounded as if the person was right beside him. He frowned and sat up in annoyance. He could hear clearly his older sister’s nagging non stop in the living room. This was the usual but he still feel annoyed by it. Not that he did anything to change it though.

“I clean, cook, wash your clothes, buy the groceries. And what do you do? Every night you go waste your youth away riding with those useless riders you call buddies. What am I to do with you Yong Junhyung? Your salary is all wasted on your bike. I don’t even see a single cent from your earning. I’m the only one supporting the both of us so we have a shelter. So we won’t go hungry. And you did nothing to help Junhyung. Nothing.” And her nagging keeps on going for the whole day.

Junhyung dragged himself out of bed and went straight to the bathroom. He sighed looking at his own reflection in the mirror. Traces of blood, scratches and dried blood were clearly seen on his fair-skinned face. He splashed some water on his face, rubbing off the dried blood from yesterday night. He was too used to the pain that he don’t feel anything now. He had fallen off his bike when he tried a new stun the night before. He didn’t care. To him, no pain means no gain.

After a quick shower he walked back to his room but was stopped by his sister. “What time did you come back home last night Junhyung?” she asked him seriously, frowning at him.

“2.. 3 am?” he said without giving much thought. She sighed and shook her head to herself.

“And what is this? Did you fight again??” She held his face with her thumb and index finger pressing into his cheeks and turning his head side to side.

“Ahni..” he whined and pushed her hands away from his face.

“I just fell off my bike,” he said. She constantly shook her head as her brother just walked off to his room.

He changed to a pair of torn wash-out jeans and a black shirt, preparing to go to work. He grabbed his keys and helmet along with his handphone and wallet and walked out of his room. He spot his sister at the dining table eating her bread. Junhyung casually sat across her and took a slice of bread for himself.

“What time are you coming home tonight?” she asked. Even though Junhyung never comes home on his stated time, she still bothers to ask.

“2 maybe?” he said.

“Where did you go before riding, Junhyung? Your work ends at 6. Riding starts until late at night right?” she asked curiously.

“I meet my friends.”

She scoffed. “Those friends are useless Junhyung-ah. Find some good real friends..”

He rolled his eyes and stood up. He took out his wallet and threw a stack of cash on the table. His sister looked up at him in surprised.

“Won the race last night. My friends are the one who helped me with my bike. So that I can win,” he said dangerously and walked off with his helmet.

tumblr_mheaxnEn5v1rsjlqlo1_250.jpg

Junhyung reached the workshop 5 minutes late. He walked lazily to the room where all the mechanics eat, rest, sleep and chat. Putting all his things in the designated box, he grabbed his dark blue boiler suit and wore it up to his torso, letting the top part fall loosely down.

Junhyung never liked the uniform or whatever it is called. Its already hot enough in the workshop and they have to wear two layers of clothing.

Just then Yoseob peeked inside at the front door, knocking slightly. “Junhyung, boss wants to see you,” he grinned.

Junhyung raised an eyebrow, confused. He never gets reprimanded for being late. Why is he being called now? Junhyung just nodded and thanked his partner.

He dragged his two feet to the second level of the workshop where the boss’s office is. Through the transparent glass window, he could see another person inside, with the back facing him. Junhyung just continued walking and went inside after knocking on the open door.

The person turned and she’s a girl. Well obviously. Even from behind Junhyung could tell she’s a girl. What guy would have long light brown curly waves falling down her shoulders and back?

“Ah Junhyung. I was expecting you to come around noon. You’re early!” his boss said sarcastically.

“You want me to go home and come again in the noon? I’d be glad to,” Junhyung replied. He just laughed in response.

“Come on. Can’t take a little joke? What’s up with your face anyway?” he asked as Junhyung stepped forward, standing beside the girl.

“Fell. Why did you call me? I have work to do,” Junhyung said tiredly.

“This is Hyuna. She’s the new mechanic,” he said with a smile, pointing to the girl beside Junhyung. Hyuna turned to greet him but Junhyung didn’t even glance at her.

Instead he titlted his head and asked, “Mechanic? A girl? Are you serious? All the mechanics here are guys.”

“Well now there is a girl. I want you to show her around. You’re lucky you know. I’m choosing you to show her around,” the fat man in white shirt smiled.

“Can she even do work? Or is she here to flirt with the guys here?” Junhyung cocked an eyebrow as he turned to Hyuna.

“Excuse me. I can do work. Just because I’m a girl, doesn’t mean I’m not a good mechanic. I might even be better than you,” she said, nrrowing her eyes at him.

Junhyung scoffed. “I’d like to see you try.”

“I think both of you would get along just fine. Now go show her around and get back to work Junhyung,” his boss said.

“What do I get?” Junhyung asked him. Hyuna’s jaw dropped in disbelief. Who’s exactly the boss now??

He sighed. “20 bucks enough?”

Junhyung smiled widely and stretched out his arm, waiting for his boss to give his 20 bucks. The boss just shook his head to himself and opened his black leather wallet, taking out two tens and gave it to his employee.

“Right this way..” Junhyung ushered the now confused Hyuna out of the office.

tumblr_mheaxnEn5v1rsjlqlo1_250.jpg

 

Comment && Subscribe! :))

Shoutout to my first subber of this short fic, hyunaswag! ^^