Mr. Shin, You're Not Of My Liking

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe, Catch A Groom Before You Go!

*Jisue’s POV*

“Jisue open up!”

After letting Soohyun pound on my door angrily for about a minute, I finally greeted him.

“Well good morning Mr. Shin. It’s a lovely day, isn’t it?” I smiled, walking over to my kitchen area to get my fried chicken leftovers from the microwave.

“Jisue, this is unacceptable,” Soohyun said angrily, stepping into my apartment room and closing the door. “You made a fool of yourself at a five star restaurant, managed to create a public disturbance, insulted a highly respected man in Seoul, and made my company look like a joke!”

I opened the refrigerator and grabbed a bottle of ketchup for my chicken.

“If you keep up this behavior, then I’m going to have to- WILL YOU LOOK AT ME WHEN I’M TALKING TO YOU?!”

My body froze, and my eyes slowly rose to meet his. On the inside I felt afraid and weak, but I wasn’t going to let this guy get the better of me.

“You need to say please-,”

“This isn’t a joke!” he slammed his folder down on the counter, making me jump. “You need to get your life together! I’m a matchmaker, not a miracle worker! Nobody is going to want to marry a pig like you!”

My heart went from hurt to furious.

“You think I want to get married? You think I’m lonely? This is all my mom’s fault! She’s the one forcing me to get married! Marriage is just a piece of paper to me, did you know that? A paper and a ring. That’s what love is? If so then I’ll buy my own, on my own.”

“I can’t work with someone like you,” he shook his head in disgust. “I didn’t sign up for babysitting, I’m a BUSINESS MAN!”

He snatched his folder off the counter, and stormed to the door.

“You’re never going to get married!!!!!”

The door slammed behind him, echoing in my ears.

I stood there silently for about a minute, unable to believe what had just happened.

“He yelled at me. Did… did he just win? No, nobody wins against me!”

I swung open the door and shouted down the hall.

“I’m the queen of arguing! You may think you won, but you don’t even know what you have coming for you!”

The old lady who lived down the hall stood there staring at me in shock. Her little dog yapped and one of her curler clips sprung out of her hair.

“Humph!” I pulled back inside, shutting the door angrily and leaning up against it. “Jerk!”

*Kevin’s POV*

“Oh, good morning Soohyun!” I greeted him cheerily as he passed by me in the lobby of Jisue’s building. However, when I saw the angry expression on his face, I knew something was wrong.

“Soohyun!” I hurried after him, stopping him before he could exit the building.

“Kevin,” his face softened a little. “I’m sorry, but I’m just not in the mood right now. Will you please let me by?”

“I can’t!”

“M-mwo?” he was slightly taken aback.

“By the look on your face I can tell you and Jisue got in an argument.”

“Aish, I don’t know how you put up with that girl,” he sighed.

“She’s really not as bad as she seems. Life hasn’t been easy for her. This marriage thing… it’ll be good for her. She needs someone to care about her; love her.”

“Well you two seem pretty close. Why don’t you marry her?”

“Oh, oh no! I couldn’t do that,” I shook my head quickly and defiantly.

“Point proven,” Soohyun mumbled, pushing past me.

“Uh, uh Soohyun!” I followed him out the door, stopping him on the street.

“Kevin, I really don’t have time for this,” he said, slightly annoyed.

“There are reasons why I can’t be the one that marries her, but it’s not because I don’t think she’d make a good wife. She’d be great, really! Please just give her another chance. You’re a strong guy. I know you can find her inner woman! She’s just afraid to show her weaker side. Trusting… it’s hard, you know?”

“I do know,” Soohyun sighed. A daze seemed to pass over him, but it only lasted a second. “Bring her to my office in three hours. I’ll see what I can do to bring the woman out of her.”

“Thank you!!!!!” I threw my arms around him in gratitude.

“Kevin, Kevin,” Soohyun pealed me off of him, looking around awkwardly.

“Choesonghamnida,” I blushed. “Thank you so much! You’ll see. She’s really a great girl!”

“I hope you’re right,” he murmured.

“Trust me.”

----------------------

*Jisue’s POV*

“I don’t wanna go in,” I whined.

“Too bad,” Kevin stated from behind me.

People stared at us as we rolled by. I guess it’s not every day that you see a flower boy pushing a girl through a matchmaking office roped to a wheelie chair. It was the only way Kevin could get me to enter the building. Otherwise I just sat on the sidewalk in defiance.

He stopped us in front of Soohyun’s door. I huffed and crossed my arms as he knocked. Soohyun opened the door and smiled at Kevin.

“Hello, Kevin. Where’s- oh…” he spotted me pouting in the chair. My eyes bore into his in disapproval.

“Come in,” he offered lamely.

Kevin pulled me by the back of the chair into Soohyun’s office, bringing me to rest in front of the desk.

“Jisue,” Soohyun looked down at me.

“Mr. Shin,” I glared up at him.

“Thanks to your friend Kevin here, I’ve decided to give you a second chance. I expect you to take this seriously. Now sit like a real human being. You look like a bat curled up like that.”

I was about to retort, but Kevin butted in before I could as he began untying the ropes that bound me, “We’re going to teach you how to become more feminine!”

“Are you calling me a man?” I narrowed my eyes.

“He’s not calling you a woman,” Soohyun mumbled.

“Oh yeah?!” I jumped out of the chair, but Kevin pulled me back down.

“So childish,” the matchmaker scoffed.

It took all my strength not to punch him in the jaw. But, for my job’s sake, I controlled my anger.

“Fine,” I raised my hands in innocence. “I’m a wild animal. Teach me the ways of woman.”

“Acceptance is the first step!”

You better accept the fact that I would kick your if I was a legal citizen!

“So what do I have to do?” I sighed.

“First, we’re going to eat.”

“Score!” I shouted happily.

Soohyun face palmed himself and Kevin looked at me worriedly.