That’s What You Get For Being A Lazy

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe, Catch A Groom Before You Go!

 

*Jisue’s POV*

“Finished?” Soohyun raised his eyebrows at me from across the desk.

“Yes, and it was quite yummy,” I smiled, pushing my plate filled with cinnamon bun crumbs toward him.

“I meant with the profile,” he looked at the plate in dissatisfaction, then up at me.

“Oh, I finished that twenty minutes ago!”

“Why didn’t you tell me?” Soohyun asked in annoyance.

“I was enjoying my cinnamon bun, okay?” I shrugged. “Do you happen to have any milk? Sweet things make me crave milk.”

“Aish,” Soohyun ripped to profile packet out of my hands and began flipping through it. He mumbled a few words, turned some pages, then opened a drawer in his desk. “Look through these,” he commanded, pulling out a stack of papers and dropping them down in front of me. “These are people that I think you’d be compatible with.”

“Okay, there is noooo way you could’ve figured that out that fast,” I crossed my arms.

“I’ve been in this business for ten years now. You shouldn’t be questioning my intellectuality,” he sat up in a dignified way.

“She’s sorry!” Kevin jumped in quickly.

“Stop apologizing for me,” I groaned rolling my eyes at him.

Kevin blushed, then turned to Soohyun. “How old are you anyway? Just out of curiosity.”

“I’ll be turning thirty in two weeks,” he stated with a smile. “Now Jisue, please look through these profiles. I have a meeting to attend right now. I’ll be back in about an hour. Please have at least five selections by then.”

“Aye aye captain!” I saluted him mockingly.

Soohyun rolled his eyes while getting up and walking to the door. “Kevin, please keep an eye on her. Who knows what kind of trouble she could get herself into,” he added before slipping out of the room.

“Okay!” Kevin called, even though Soohyun had already disappeared from view.

“Aigooooo,” I whined, plopping down in the matchmaker’s squishy chair. “This is so much work.”

“You haven’t even started yet,” Kevin remarked, grabbing the top profile off the stack and flipping through it. “Hey, this guy is into fashion. He might be good for you!”

“I’d see him as competition,” I answered, leaning back in the chair comfortably with my eyes closed.

“Oh, well…” There was some rustling of pages, then Kevin said, “This guy says he wants a strong, determined woman.”

“Nobody wants a strong woman,” I scoffed. “Guys just want a girl that will act all cutesy with them.”

“I don’t know. His likes are similar to yours-,”

“Well if you know me so well, then you pick them out. I’ll just take a quick nap.”

“Aigoo, so lazy,” Kevin murmured.

I ignored his remark and snuggled up against the chair.

----------------------

“Jisue,” Kevin shook me gently.

“Ughhh,” I groaned, turning my head away.

“Jisue wake up!” Kevin pulled me off the chair.

“Yah!” I shouted, landing on my painfully. “Why did you do that?!”

“You were drooling on Soohyun’s chair!” Kevin gritted his teeth.

I glanced at the squishy seat to see a mark from my saliva.

“Well that’s really unfortunate.”

“Aish!” Kevin shrieked, grabbing tissues to wipe up the mess. “You can be so disgusting! How someone as gross as you can make such beautiful clothing I’ll never understand.”

“Shikkeureowo!” I glared at him, getting up from the floor. Just then the door handle turned and Soohyun stepped into the room.

“How was your meeting?!” Kevin asked, throwing away the gross tissues quickly.

“Fine, thank you,” Soohyun took a seat in his chair. “Jisue, did you make your selections?”

“I sure did!” I pushed the stack of profiles toward him.

He took up the packets, scanned through them, then looked up at me. “I’ll trust your judgment this first round. But if these don’t work out, then I’ll be choosing from now on.”

“Sure, fine, whatever,” I shrugged, putting my feet up on his desk. “When is the first date?”

“Well, I’ll give these guys all a call to set up times for you to meet. I’ll contact you tomorrow to let you know the schedule,” he slapped my feet back down to the floor.

“Okkkkayyy,” I sprang up from the chair and headed toward the door. “Come on Kevin.”

Kevin smiled awkwardly at Soohyun and bowed, “Kamsahamnida.”

“You’re welcome,” Soohyun nodded.

“Aish,” I grabbed Kevin by the arm and pulled him out of the room.

Little did I know, I had made a mistake that I would soon regret. You see, Kevin had made three piles of profiles. The top picks, the okays, and the no ways. I unknowingly handed Soohyun the incorrect pile. So all in all, I screwed myself over for being a lazy . Don’t be a lazy guys. It’s not worth it.