We’re Just From Different Worlds… Like African Safari vs. Las Vegas

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe, Catch A Groom Before You Go!

 

*Jisue’s POV*

“Are you okay?” Suho asked when I returned. “You were gone a while and I was afraid something happened to you.”

“Girls poop too,” I mumbled.

“What?”

“Oh, I just got lost, that’s all,” I smiled. “So, did you order?”

“Yes, it should be here soon. Would you like some wine?” he lifted the bottle.

“Fill er up!” I picked up my glass and offered it toward him.

He carefully poured the red liquid, glancing up at me all the while.

“What?" I asked, pulling away my glass, once he was done, and bringing it to my lips.

“You’re different from any girl I’ve ever met,” he finally answered, choosing his words carefully.

“I get that a lot,” I shrugged, gulping down the wine. “Wow, this is really good!”

I grabbed the bottle and poured myself another glass.

“I’m glad you like it,” Suho smiled awkwardly. “So, tell me more about yourself.”

“What do you want to know?”

“Well, what kind of work do you do?”

“I’m a clothing designer,” I answered, chugging the alcoholic beverage. “I just got promoted.”

“Congratulations!” he exclaimed, eyeing my unhappily as I grabbed the bottle, pouring myself more wine once again. “I’m a gynecologist.”

“Oh!” the wine spilled all over the table and I jumped up in shock.

Oh my goshhhhhhh. He’s going to molest meeeeeeeeee!

“Oh goodness, I-I’m so sorry,” I apologized, grabbing my silk napkin and throwing it down on the mess.

“That-,” he winced, “That’ll stain.”

“Oh…”

“What happened?!” Mihyeon hurried over to our table with a dish towel.

“It- it was me,” I raised my hand gawkily.

“It was an accident,” Suho answered, “I’m really very sorry.”

“Oh, it’s okay. I’m just glad you’re alright. How about you two sit over at that table by the window. We’ll clean up the mess.”

“Are you sure?” Suho asked. “We really feel quite awful.”

“It’s fine. You two just sit over there and have a good rest of your date.”

“Thanks Mihyeon, you’re the best.”

Where the heck is Kevin?! …oh gosh Kevin!

I looked down at my chair where Kevin’s jacket sat, soaked in red wine.

“Crap!” I grabbed it, examining the damage.

“Oh, your jacket,” Suho noted sympathetically. “What a pity; it’s such a nice piece! Did you design it?”

“Uh, no, no,” I shook my head, grabbing a napkin from another table, dampening it, and trying to rub out the stain. “It’s my friend’s. He said that he’d kill me if I got anything on it.”

“He? You wore another man’s jacket to a date?” Suho inquired, dissatisfied.

“He’s my best friend,” I rolled my eyes. “What matters now is this jacket!”

“There’s no way you’re going to get that clean. You’re better off buying a new one.”

“Aigooooo,” I pouted as Suho escorted me to our new table. “But his sister gave it to him for Christmas.”

“Oh, I’m sorry,” he said simply.

“It’s okay… I’ll figure something out. Let’s just do this date.”

“Alright,” he chuckled. “Oh, here’s our food.”

Jus then another waitress stopped at our table and set our dishes in front of us.

“What are these little black things?” I asked, poking at one with my fork. “Is it a mushroom?”

“That’s the escargot,” Suho replied.

“And escargot is…?”

“It’s snail, dear,” the lady explained.

My eyes widened and I stared at my plate in horror.

“Jisue? Jisue, are you okay?” Suho’s voice was faint in my ears.

Finally I exploded.

“I can’t do this anymore!!!!!” I shouted, jumping up so abruptly that my chair went crashing to the floor. “You’re rich and boring and you… to woman… their… YOU’RE SHORT!!!! I don’t want to eat snails!!! I hate French food!!! I want to eat fried chicken! I want to wear sweatpants and baggy shirts! And I want nothing to do with you!!!”

In a storm of emotion, I grabbed Kevin’s stained jacket and marched down the stairs, out of the prestigious restaurant. The cold wind tried to bully me, but I shoved its effects aside, focused on my angry exit.

“This is a load of crap. I just wanna stay here as a single, unmarried woman. Why do I have to put up with this?! It’s all Umma’s fault! Why did she ship me off like that?! Can’t she do anything right?!”

“Jisue!” someone caught my arm walking in the other direction. When I looked up at him, I realized it was Kevin.

“So now you show up!” I shouted, ripping away from him. “I hate this dating thing, I hate that fancy restaurant and I hate dating short guys!!! I don’t want to do this anymore! And guess what! You know how you told me not to get anything on your jacket? Well it’s covered in red wine and it’s all his fault because you know what? He’s a gynecologist. A gynecologist! He looks at women’s-,”

“Jisue!” Kevin shook me. “Calm down. Let’s just get out of here before he catches up. You can come to my apartment and we can watch a movie, okay?”

“Arasso,” I nodded, sniffling sadly.  

As we began our walk to his apartment, a light sprinkle of rain began. By the time we made it to his building, we were thoroughly drenched.

-------------------------

“I’m really sorry about you’re jacket,” I said, sitting down on the couch next to Kevin. My hair was wet from my shower, so I threw it up in a bun to keep it off my neck. Since I didn’t have another change of clothes, Kevin let me wear his robe.

“It’s okay. I was actually thinking about getting a new one anyway,” he shrugged.

“Stop lying,” I demanded, leaning against him. “Your sister shipped it to you all the way from the states for your birthday. It was important to you.”

“Our bond as siblings is what’s most important. I can always get another jacket.”

“So metaphorical,” I sighed. “So, what are we watching?”

“What do you think?” he grinned.

“Aish, you and you’re chick flicks,” I rolled my eyes as he pressed play on the remote. “I can’t even count the number of times we’ve seen The Notebook, and that’s just when I’m here!”

“Shhh! It’s starting!” he smacked me on the head. 

“Bully,” I mumbled, grabbing the bowl of M&Ms on the coffee table in front of us and popping a handful into my mouth.