A Dating Tutor?

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe, Catch A Groom Before You Go!

 

*Jisue’s POV*

As I was drying off from my shower, I heard Kevin outside talking to himself.

“That boy is so strange,” I remarked, putting on my clothes. “What is he even talking about?”

Leaning my ear against my bedroom door, I tried to listen in on him. At first it sounded like random conversation, but my curiosity perked when it sounded like two voices speaking.

“Oh my gosh,” my eyes widened and I stepped back from the door. “Is he one of those people with duel personalities?! How could I not have known?!” Quickly, I threw my hair into a messy bun and hurried out into the living room.

“Kevin, do-,”

My feet came to an immediate halt when I saw the second man standing in my apartment.

“Who are you? And what are you doing in my house?!” I glared at him.

“This is her?” the stranger glanced at Kevin skeptically. My best friend answered with a see-what-I-mean nod.

“You didn’t answer my question,” I crossed my arms. “Kevin, who is this?”

“I’m Soohyun,” the man offered me his hand. “Your mother called yesterday and requested my immediate service.”

“And what would that service be?” My foot tapped in annoyance.

“I’m a matchmaker,” he stated, pulling back his hand.

My foot stopped and Kevin breathed in sharply.

“Your mother called and told me that she wants you married as soon as possible. She even paid me extra to drop the project I was working on and help you right away. You’re Jisue then?”

“Yeah. So what; are you just gonna hook me up with a bunch of random guys or something? I do have standards you know.”

“And so do these guys,” Soohyun eyed the room. “If this place is anything like your personality, then this is going to be a job.” He reached into his pocket, pulling out a small booklet. “Here’s my manual.”

“Ugh,” I grabbed the book, scanned through the pages, then threw it back at him. “I’m not going on some set up dates, okay?! So you can take your stupid manual and dates and shove them up your-,”

“Jisue!” Kevin shouted, pushing past Soohyun and grabbing my arm. “She’s sorry. She didn’t mean to offend you,” he apologized. “Could you give us a moment please?”

“Of course,” Soohyun nodded, looking around the apartment a little more as Kevin pulled me into the bedroom.

“You have to treat this guy nicely. He could be your only hope for getting married and…” he glanced back at Soohyun and lowered his voice, “…staying in this country.”

“But I don’t want to be told what to do by some jerk, let alone who to date,” I crossed my arms.

“It’s either that or you’re stuck with your mother,” he shrugged.

“…Ugh!” I stomped back into the living room and ripped the manual out of Soohyun’s hand. “Fine! Turn me into a bride! Whatever! Just do it fast and don’t choose anyone that’s going to kill me. I don’t want my husband to be a spawn of Chucky.”

“Maybe there is hope for you,” Soohyun smiled. “Guys like humor.”

“I wasn’t being funny,” I growled.

“Alright. Well, I’ll give you ten minutes to get ready, then we’ll head to my office where you can fill out a profile that will help me find companions for you.”

“Please,” I scoffed. “You make me sound like a pet.”

“Nine minutes and fifty five seconds…”

“I’m going!”

------------------------

Soohyun’s office building was tall, shiny, and right next door to the design studio that I worked at. That coincidence completely angered me. I didn’t want this arrogant jerk working so close to me!

“Good morning Mr. Shin!” the secretary’s cheery voice rang out once we’d exited the elevator. “I see you have a new client. Or… two maybe?” She eyed Kevin curiously.

“Good Morning Ms. Kim,” Soohyun smiled at her. “The gentleman’s just tagging along. The young lady is my new client.”

“You’re very pretty,” Ms. Kim turned to me, showing a dimple on either side of . “What’s your name?”

“Jisue,” I stated flatly.

“Oh, well, hello!” she was obviously taken aback by my cold exterior, but she tried to hide it with her soft smile.

“Have a good day Ms. Kim,” Soohyun nodded before leading Kevin and me into his office.

“Y- You too!” she called just as he shut the door behind us.

“So, what do I have to do?” I asked, taking a seat on the squishy, swively chair.

“That’s my chair,” Soohyun stated, standing over me. “You can sit over there.”

“Fine,” I put my hands up in innocence and took a seat next to Kevin. “So, what’s first?”

“Fill out this survey,” After searching through one of his drawers, Soohyun pulled out a packet, “Make sure you fill out each section completely.”

“It’s so thick!” My eyes dilated. “This will take an eternity!”

*Kevin’s POV*

“So will finding you a husband,” Soohyun mumbled quietly.

“What?” Jisue’s head snapped up.

“Nothing, nothing at all,” he shrugged innocently.

She narrowed her eyes at him skeptically before returning to the packet, “Aigoo.”

It took all my strength to hold in my laughter at Soohyun’s remark. Finally I let out a small snicker.

*Jisue’s POV*

“Shut up, Kevin. I’m focusing,” I smacked his arm, not tearing my eyes from the question I was reading. “Do you think I’m an introvert or extrovert?”