Seriously Though, I'm Adorable

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe, Catch A Groom Before You Go!

*Jisue’s POV*

“No, you idiot. It’s me,” Soohyun’s voice greeted my ears and for once I was grateful.

“I-I-It’s so c-cold,” I said weakly, shivering in the nippy air.

“You need to get out of these wet clothes,” he began to remove my jacket.

“Kevin!” I shook my head with what little strength I had, “I want Kevin.”

“I’m right here, Jisue,” Kevin knelt down beside me, taking my hand in his. “Soohyun, if you don’t mind, could you stand out on the pathway and keep watch?”

“Arasso,” he mumbled, “And let her wear this.” He handed something to my friend then walked off. As he went, I noticed that he was just then slipping on his white v-neck t-shirt.

“Come on Jisue,” Kevin sat me up. “Let’s get you changed.”

“It was so scary,” I whispered slipping out of my jacket, followed by my soaking wet sweater.

“I know, I know. Quick, put this on,” he began to slip a warm, dry jacket around me.

“Is this yours?” I asked. “I always ruin your jackets.”

“This time it’s Soohyun’s,” Kevin laughed. “It was smart of him to take off his shirt and jacket before jumping in. I wouldn’t have thought of that. Honestly, it was so brave of him to save you. He’s incredible.”

“Don’t get mushy on me, Kevin,” I threatened.

“Alright, alright!” he stuck out his tongue.

“And Kevin?”

“Yes?”

“Can I have a hug?”

He looked at me knowingly, then wrapped me in a tight embrace. It was so comforting to have him there with me.

“If you died I would’ve been angry at you for leaving me,” he whispered with a smile.

“Gosh,” I laughed, giving his arm a soft punch.

“Guys, are you almost done?” Soohyun’s voice called from the pathway. “We need to get Jisue out of the cold as soon as possible.”

“Come on,” Kevin helped me up. “Soohyun’s right.”

--------------------

“Better?” Kevin asked as I came out into my living room in pink, fuzzy pajamas and my hair wrapped in a towel.

“Much,” I nodded, plopping down on the couch and grabbing the cup of tea Kevin had placed on the coffee table for me.

“Yeah, blue lips didn’t really suit you.”

I stuck my tongue out at him and sipped my warm drink. After a moment, I set my mug down seriously.

“Kevin?”

“Hmmm?” he mumbled, scrolling through his phone.

“Kevin,” I repeated, pushing the phone out of his face.

“What?!” he stopped when he saw the serious look on my face. “Jisue, is something wrong?”

“I’m…” Only silence followed.

“You’re… you’re what?” he raised any eyebrow.

“…”

“Well?”

“Am I beautiful?”

His face clouded over from the random question. I couldn’t blame him. This wasn’t a normal inquiry for me. In fact, I felt small sitting there, waiting to hear another person’s judgment. For one of the few times in my life, I felt… fragile.

“I’m just messing,” I finally laughed, giving his arm a punch.

“No, no,” Kevin shook his head. “You asked! You’re not getting out of it that easily!”

“I said it was a joke,” I pouted.

“There’s a little truth behind every joke,” he said wisely, making me huff. “And being totally honest, I think you’re a very beautiful lady.”

His smile was soft and the look in his eyes was genuine. I stared at that welcoming face for a moment before…

“OW!” Kevin shrieked, gently touching the place where my palm had made contact with his face. “What was that for?!”

“For being prettier than me!” I crossed my arms, flopping back down in a slump on the couch.

“Aish, you’re never going to get married,” he mumbled, rubbing his cheek.

“Ya,” I gave his chest a slap, “What’s on TV- adshkgjhdskg!” I threw the remote across the room as the screen , revealing the one thing that made my heart weak. “It’s my husbands!!!!!!”

I jumped up and began doing the dance… my style.

“You treat people like this, then expect them to marry you!” Kevin scoffed.

“NAUGHTY CASSEROLE!” I squealed, trying to follow D.O’s motions.

Kevin shook his head in embarrassment, hurrying over to shut the curtains so nobody from the dark outside could look in and see my horrid flailing.

“You’re ridiculous,” he shook his head, turning back around just in time…

“Jisue!” he exclaimed and I felt his arms slip under my body just before I hit the ground. My head spun and my body felt like it was burning up.

Everything I saw was blurry, but I could just barely make out Kevin’s concerned face looking down at me. All the energy had left my body and my eye lids fluttered in their attempt to stay open.

“I’m p-pretty,” the words came out in barely a whisper just as reality and my dreams collided.