Notes

Last Dance

Rumors. They are just like wild fire spreading vigorously through the halls. They are uncontrollable and definitely become more and more absurd as the days pass.

Lay was the school’s hot topic. I hugged my books from class to class occasionally over hearing other students over exaggerated comments.

 

“She dumped him.”

“I heard she found a better man.”

“He was so devastated that he just might go commit suicide.”

 

All I knew was half of them aren’t even true. It would be a lie to think that rumors that spread around about you wouldn’t make you feel awful.

Behind his fringe were layers of mystery. I was never able to comprehend the difference between his happy and sadness. Is it because he is able to hide it so well? Isn’t he tired of facing it all himself? I know you’re hurting but you say you’re fine.

I sat in back of the room watching the students murmured the hurtful words they thought he was unable to hear. 

--------------------------------

I stuck the small yellow sticky note in Lay's math textbook. I looked around once more making sure no one saw me in the classroom during everyone's lunch break, touching other's belonging. 

All I hoped was that he would see my purpose.

--------------------------------

Lay's POV

It's been a while since Lay had been home this early. Before the competition, practicing with Bao was his first priority. After, he was alone, dancing aimlessly but today he felt like coming home. 

Homework was never appealing to Lay or just about anyone in this world. Flipping through the pages of his math textbook a yellow note caught his eye.

 

Time is precious. Don't waste your time lingering around someone who doesn't appreciate you. 

 

Lay laughed at the advice. Writing down a reply to this anonymous, trusting his sixth sense, whoever wrote this will the reply. 

----------------------------------

Your POV

I was back in that same moment as yesterday. No one in the classroom, just me staring down at a math textbook. I took a deep breath and flipped through the pages trying to find my sticky note. 

I was gone, but replaced with a blue one. 

 

This is not a Cinderella story. No pumpkin carriages or  a fairy godmother. Time is not limited to twelve o'clock. I can linger around for whoever and whenever I want. Please get out of my business. 

 

Clearly he had read my message and wasn't taking my advice. I wrote another sticky note and stuck it on the page. 

---------------------------------

Notes were written between him and me for the next few days.

 

To you, you might have all the time in the world but for others time is limited. Sometimes it's not all about you, you have to care for others. 

---

Whoever you are, when is it that I've never cared for others? I cared so much for her...

---

She isn't the only one.

---

Don't tell me that there are many other fishes in the sea.

---

Fairytale ending can be true. You just have to create it. 

 

--------------------------------------

(A/N): 

Comments?