The First Time We Met

Last Dance

 

Chapter Three-

Music was blasting from all corridors as I slowly approached the auditorium. There was no doubt in my mind that it was him.

Deliberately, I kept my eye on him, taking small steps towards the stage. One thing for sure, he didn’t see me. I stood feet away from him, just holding a water bottle waiting for him to notice my presence.

He made his final spin to the last beat of the song with a strong stomp of his left foot to the floor, rhythmically swaying his shoulders. He smiled with satisfaction but when he looked up with his dark eyes; his smile fell into a frown.

It was obvious he didn’t enjoy my presence when he wanted time alone. He made his steps towards me.

“Get out” he said with no emotions as he stretched down to his belongings. He placed the towel around his neck patting the sweat on his temples dry. He ignored me entirely. 

I held my arms out for him to notice the water bottle but he refused to take it, pushing it away from sight, making his way back to center stage.

“I’m not going to say anything.” He stretched his arms. “There is nothing for you to sell to the school newspaper or any other paparazzi out there.”

“I won’t do that” I said barely of a whisper. Why would he think so low of me?

“Then what are you doing here?” he said without even looking at me once.

“What are you doing here?” I asked. “Lingering in the past, it only means that you’re scared of the present, afraid of the future.”

He smirked. “I don’t need you to tell me what to do. If you have time, why not spend it with your friends?”

“I have no friends.”

He gave me the ‘you’re kidding’ face but I wasn’t lying. The sincerity in my eyes didn’t change. I looked into his cryptic eyes. He hid all of his feelings and secrets but I also hid mine.

Everything was still, untouched and quiet. My pulse quickened by my expectations. I expected his indifferent berate any second now. It almost felt obvious that he was going to tell me to get out.

I lifted the water bottle once again. What I thought he was going to throw on the floor, he took it pleasingly. I sat down on the floor, crossing my legs. Seconds later he took a seat beside me, finishing the water in a few large gulps. 

I never thought of our first meeting to be like this. 

I probably got this chance for pity. Pity that I don't have friends, that I don't have a place I go except to stalk him. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"What is dance to you?" I asked out of the blue. 

"Eveything" he answered short.

"I like dance too but it seems like I don't have time to enjoy it today." I got up from my position.

"You're not Cinderella are you?" he pointed at his watch that marked five minutes to twelve. 

"You like Cinderella don't you?" I asked remembering the blue sticky note.

He shrugged, "I like it or not, there are no such things as fairytales."

"You create the fairytales." 

"Fairytales only appear in your dreams."

"The city may sleep but the dreamers will stay awake."

----------------

(A/N): Comments?