A Letter to You

Last Dance

Dear Lay, 

It had seemed like yesterday when we had started upon this journey together. And now it seems as we approached the end. When you are reading this, it is likely that I have lost my battle. On this night I have woken up with thoughts flowing through my mind. Have you ever wondered about dreams? When you contemplate the possibility of doing something or that something might be the case.

In my years I have learned that some live while cherishing their dreams. Some live while sharing their dreams. While others live to fulfill their dream, as if they lost their dream or even stealing the dreams of others. Some say that there are not such things as dreams. And we live in a world with many sorts of these individuals, those that support and  others that undermine. 

 

You might ask what do I think about dreams? 

Well, I've had this consistent dream ever since I was child. The dream of standing on a stage, spotlight on me and just spilling out my love for dance. I would dance everyday till my feet hurt, my legs sore but it wouldn't stop; it would only make me happier. But this dream was terminated when we found out I had emphysema. I went into treatment and everything doctors had suggested. My parents were determined to treat me but things only got worse from that day on. I had this feeling that my life was going to end before I get to do a lot of things in life which included a chance on stage. 

I've lost my friends through this stuggle with my insidious illness. For so many years, I felt the cold and indifference this society brings. I have tried to use the fastest solution to end my miserable life. 

And there you were, coming into my life in its darkest days. You were the one that made me realize that I had a dream. You were the one that told me, a choreography doesn't need to be performed with an audience to get the same satisfaction. You taught me to fall down seven times but stand up eight. You were also the only that told me what true friendship was and how it feels to be in love.  And no one can deny my affection for you. 

And only after you came into my life, can I say, all my dreams were fulfilled. 

I can think of the first time I saw you. All the great things that comes with first times. I can also recall note exchanges, and how I wanted to bring you back on your feet, the way you did for me although you might not have knew. 

Goodbyes are what makes you think about all the things that you ever had. Adversity is what made me so appreciative of my fortunes.  I have grateful for having my two loving parents. And I am most certainly grateful to have you as a part of my life. I have no regrets after this day because I know I have done everything that I ever wanted. This includes telling you, I love you. I love you and I'm sorry. 

I can't express to you enough, how many extra sixty seconds I want to be with you. But I guess this is the end. The end to my life, the end of our story. This is a brutal world where people have to face the deaths of others and I am sorry that you have to face mine. 

Please tell my parents that I love them and I always will no matter how far I go. I will love you too, from the moon and back. 

Happiness is something you can't always have but you can give it. You have made my life happier in an innumerable ways and I hope I did to.   

 

Eternally yours,

Minah

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Baby you showed me what living is for
I don't wanna hide anymore
Oh oh

- Taylor Swift (Crazier)