Dance o1

Last Dance

I glanced through the windows in the auditorium door. He was there once again but today he seemed awfully calm just sitting on stage. I opened the door and made my way towards him.

"Hey" I squatted slapping him playfully in the arm. His lips reached up into a small smile then drop down to a straight face again.

"What happened?" I asked sitting my bottom down next to him.

"Did you hear-"

"About the dance audition?" I cut him off. He replied, nodding silently. 

"Ahh... so that's why you were like that all day..." I nodded to myself. "Are you applying?"

"I don't know, that's what been bothering me all day" Lay answered.

"If your applying I have the forms right here" I said reaching into my bag pulling out the forms and a pen. 

"Do really think we can win? It's an international competition. It's like an one out of possibly a few thousand chance."

"Don't be afraid to fall. The least we can do is try. We will sign up together." I clicked the pen.

Just when the pen touched the paper, Lay came behind me, his arms hugging me tightly and held my hand preventing the pen from writing.

"You're not going to be like B-"

"No, I won't. I won't be like her" I reassured him. His arms came around me with a tighter grip. 

---------------------------------------------

"I found a song last night." I said. Lay and I gathered our books moving to the next class. Weird eyes surrounded us in the hallway. All of them still not accustomed to the loner having someone to talk to . 

"I found one too" Lay said as we continued down the hall. "I also thought of a few moves for the beat but I still need some of your suggestions."

"I have to tell you about my song too, I think it would go nice with a dark setting."

We chatted non-stop until we reached our classroom.

--------------------------------------------

Lay started playing a familiar tune on his phone. "It's called 'stars falling down'"

"That was the same song I was talking about this morning." 

"Really?"

"Wow. Could we be like reading each others mind now?" I asked.

"Fate maybe?" :)

"Didn't you say that you thought of a few moves?"

"Yea" Lay got up. "So we will start out first with our backs toward the audience and on the first beat to lyrics, we cross our right foot over the left and turn so now we are facing the audience on the left." I followed along quickly. 

"Then the left hand placed close to the upper abdominal, right hand above it, left again and the right hand is in a salute position while we slide from left to face the audience on the right."

"Sounds good so far but I think the second time we use our left hand, instead of placing it flat we can have it in a salute postion too but just on the neck so the it looks like a window/box thing."

We spent our time mastering our audition piece, just two more weeks left till the performance day.