Dreamer

Last Dance

 

I watched Lay do the familiar routine, the one he was supposed to do with Bao. That was until she betrayed him. Using the same choreography she won the dance competition with some other guy.

Bead of sweat rolled of the temples of his face. His heavy breathing displayed his tiredness but he continued to move to the beat. I watched from behind the curtains. Watching him made my heart cringed.

You don’t know that it hurts me so much to see you like this. What happened to the smile that is able to light up the world? I clenched tight onto the water bottle I was holding. It’s heart-wrenching to know that in the end I won’t have the courage to tell you and always stay the regular fan watching you from afar.

 

School was something I never liked. What’s the point of school when no one was willing to talk to me? What was the point when I seemed invisible?

School was just a place to spend my time. When a day of classes ended I would make my way to the auditorium alone and dance but today…

 

It’s been around an hour now but he hasn’t rested. Is she really worth all this?

At one point his legs gave in. I wanted to approach him but he rested on the floor. He tried to catch his breath but that was long before his fist continuously made contact with the floor. Just let it all out.

He supported himself up and was back in sync with the non-ending melody.

 

When Lay finally decided to leave I came out from behind the curtains. Keeping a distance I followed him through the halls of the school until we made it out. The sun had already set and the abstract blue sky was visible. I watched Lay walk down the street kicking a few pebbles along the way.

I walked in the opposite direction, slowly pacing my way home. Mom greeted me at the door with the usual ‘how’s your day?’ As always I put on a fake smile and answer ‘good’ then make my way to my room.

Home is my embodiment of security. My room was pure white with a simple bed placed in the middle. There are no posters of my favorite bands, no decorations hanging from the wall. It was simple. 

Nothing will remind you of me when I leave. No friends to feel the attachment that soon lead to heart break.

I had everything except one wish fulfilled. Dance. Dance is my life, dance is my passion. Being diagnosed with emphysema is the reason why my over protective parents don’t support it.

But dreamers can dream right?

Dream to be cured from this devouring monster. Dream to get the feeling of being held, loved and protected and wake up every morning with him by my side.

For him to have my first and possibly last dance, I’m not greedy, just once, to dance under the spotlight with him

_________________________________________________

Hello :D My two subbies...

how is the start??