--Final Words--

Heavenly Whispers

THE END

 

To my lovely readers,

I can’t even begin to explain how emotional I am about this story being over right now haha.

This story was my first story that I ever published anywhere and is my first story to ever be completed!

After four years of on-and-off writing and constant writer’s block, Heavenly Whispers has finally met its conclusion.

I want to use this update as an opportunity to thank all my subscribers (non-silent and silent) for love and support throughout this journey! Thank you for all your lovely comments and your encouraging “upvotes.”

I hope this story can act as something that you can come back to when you need a distraction or you just really miss reading about HaeSica :)

It is my sincerest hope that you will join me on my other fanfictional journeys. Please go to my profile and check out some of my other stories!

Yoona is actually my ultimate bias while Jessica is like my 2nd. But I just realized that she stars in all of my current fictions AND one of my upcoming stories that I’ll be publishing soon, hahaha!!

Anyways, thank you again for everything.

Best,

Jasmine


Heavenly Whispers Trivia!

  • This story was loosely based off of the movie Just Like Heaven, starring Reese Witherspoon. Later that night when I first watched the movie, I had a dream of a similar story but with Donghae and Jessica. I couldn’t go back to sleep, so I started writing. And thus, Heavenly Whispers was born!
  • I didn’t publish the story until I had every chapter outlined from beginning to end. Even then, I still had writer’s block HAHAHA.
  • I once considered switching the lead roles from Jessica & Donghae to Yoona & Siwon. But when I thought about it, to me, Donghae & Jessica were better suited for the type of “playfulness” I wanted there to be between the two leads.
  • Pinky swears became a unique little theme that I wanted to play around with. (Pinky swears are present in Chapter 6, 14, and the Finale)
  • In Chapter 7, when Jessica visits Donghae in the hospital for the first time, it is revealed that his room number is 418. I got this number from Jessica’s birthday which is April 18th.
  • Jungshin was actually a last minute character who I wanted to add in because I sort of fell in love with him (and the rest of CNBlue) while I was watching The Goguma Couple on We Got Married. This is also the reason I added Lovelight to the soundtrack.
  • When the drama 49 Days starring Nam Gyu Ri came out, I began to watch after learning that the main character goes into a coma and becomes a ghost, hoping to gain some more inspiration for my story
  • Most of you caught this: In Chapter 12, Donghae’s hospital file number was 861510, which is his birthday, while Siwon’s hospital file number was 870210 (his registered birthday), hinting at the connection between the two.
  • In Chapter 13, I came up with “Aiden” as Donghae’s English name from way back in the day when Super Junior was on the show “Super Junior Full House,” which is where I first heard Donghae mention that his English name was Aiden.
  • For Chapter 14, I literally searched up random Korean dishes on Wikipedia because I wanted to make Siwon’s welcome home dinner sound legit HAHA.
    • Also, Red velvet cake is actually my personal favorite, which is why I added it into the story
  • I knew since I started writing this story that Siwon was going to be Donghae’s heart donor. It was that single relationship in the timeline that made me want to write this story.
  • After Chapter 20, I had originally planned on writing a “Mature Rated” chapter depicting the love scene between Jessica and Donghae. But since I had never written something like that, I decided not to because I wanted that moment to be special. I didn’t want it just to be some piece of “” (don’t get me wrong! I enjoy my fair of ty action between my biases). But it needed to be a tender and passionate moment and not just a lusty one, so I changed my mind.
  • Chapter 22 & the actual Finale were all supposed to be in one chapter, but I changed my mind because it seemed to be too abrupt if I put it all in one chapter.