Try Outs

He's Got A Boy [ON HIATUS]

 

                “Hyung, is it really okay for me to do this?” Donghae asked, following behind Young Woon as he clutched onto his sports bag.

                “Don't worry about it, it’s not like you’re the only one to try out,” Young Woon reassured, opening the gate to the soccer field. Donghae nodded, feeling a bit relieved.

. . .

. . .

. . .

                HE LIED TO ME!! Donghae screeched in his head. Here he was, standing in front of the soccer team alone, looking around nervously as Young Woon patted him on the back.

                “Don't be so nervous,” he whispered.

                OF COURSE I’M NERVOUS! YOU LIED ABOUT THERE BEING TRY OUTS FRIDAY!!! But despite what was going on in his head, he smiled nonetheless at the team.

                They were all staring at him like he had two heads. Well, why shouldn’t they? He was dressed in a t-shirt and soccer shorts with cleats on and Young Woon declaring that he was going to try out for the team. He adjusted the glasses on his face and saw Siwon, Sungmin, Kibum and Hyukjae giving him huge smiles.

                Seeing their familiar faces made Donghae feel a little better about the situation, but the devil’s hand on his shoulder was counteracting that feeling.

                I didn’t think Young Woon was so conniving . . . Donghae thought as he tried to shrug his hand off his shoulder.

                “Sorry for intruding, please take care of me,” Donghae greeted, bowing ninety degrees. The other team members were a bit taken aback by his actions and looked at one another as Hyukjae, Siwon, Kibum, Sungmin and Young Woon just smiled at their friend. Well, at least they knew Donghae was like that with everyone.

                “Okay, should we start with the try-outs?” Young Woon asked happily.

                BUT HE’S THE ONLY ONE HERE! The soccer team screamed in their heads. They sighed as their team leader was skipping around, denting the field a bit at the thought of having a new addition to the team. He seriously isn’t human . . .

Mustachebanner_zps22b08e9c.png

 

                “Okay, I’m going to test how fast you run and your endurance level. Are you ready?” Young Woon asked, holding the stop watch in his hand.

                Isn't the coach supposed to be doing this? Donghae thought, but quickly put it aside in his head as he got into running position.

                “Hey, is he going to be okay with his glasses on?” mumbled one of the team members. The other shrugged.

                “Who knows? If he has glasses, he won't be able to see, but they would fall off if he runs too fast.”

                “Oh please, him run fast? Have you seen how he looks?” Another sneered. The other members frowned at him to show their displeasure but their silence showed that they couldn’t help but agree with him on that note.

                Hyukjae’s face scrunched up at the statement. “Yah, Yong Joon, should you really be underestimating a likely new member of our team? If I recall, weren’t you the same as Donghae when you first tried out?”

                Yong Joon’s face flushed in embarrassment and anger when Hyukjae mentioned the past, the past of him being teased and degraded from society just because they judged him on his looks. He clicked his tongue but didn’t say anything, knowing that retorting back would only mean trouble if he messed with him.

                Kibum smirked at Hyukjae. “Way to stick it up for Donghae.”

                “You guys would’ve done the same too,” Hyukjae said.

                “But not like that.”

                “You barely make snarky comments unless you were really ticked off, you usually would just ignore Yong Joon,” Siwon added.

                Hyukjae shrugged. “Donghae’s new at the school, we wouldn’t want to have a friend have a hard time at school because of judgments like these right?”

                “Are you sure that’s the only reason?” smirked Kibum. Hyukjae nodded vigorously, becoming flustered at Kibum’s statement. Damn Heechul hyung for having such a big mouth.

                “AND START!” yelled Young Woon, and before they knew it. Donghae was off. Young Woon pressed the start button and kept his eye on the watch as he watched for Donghae to make it by the finishing line.

                Everyone watched as Donghae sped off like a bullet, he wasn’t the fastest player they have seen, but he was definitely within the top seven. When he crossed the finish line, everyone looked to Young Woon who was grinning at the stopwatch.

                “Twelve seconds, impressive. You were just two seconds late from Hyukjae and Siwon.”

                The team sat with their mouths agape, before they snapped back to reality. “EHHHH?!” 


 

                “Next I’m going to test how well you steal, pass and kick the ball into the goal post,” Young Woon said. He called one of the team members to come over and help in this area. “Start when I blow the whistle. I’m testing you on your steal first.”

                Donghae nodded and looked at his opponent. He wasn’t tall, but he wasn’t as short as Donghae though. He didn’t seem to be a fast runner but Donghae didn’t want to underestimate him just yet. “And, START!”

                And he was off. The opponent was already kicking the ball to the other goal but Donghae was quick to run after him. In no time, Donghae had caught up and slid to steal the ball, causing the other player to fall in order to avoid kicking Donghae’s leg. The ball was in the air from the impact of Donghae foot and Donghae quickly stood up and head butted it to the ground.

                The opponent also got up and went after Donghae. This player was just as fast Donghae was and easily caught up to him as well. Donghae quickly saw this and maneuvered the ball away from his reach to avoid the ball from getting stolen.

                Young Woon nodded in satisfaction and blew the whistle again. “Okay, that’s enough. Thank you Jin Goo for participating.”

                The player, now named Jin Goo, only nodded, panting a little from all the fast running he had to do. “Okay, now on to the passing. Kibum, Sungmin, mind helping here?”

                The two got up almost immediately and walked to where Donghae was. Donghae gave a small smile to the two and the two smiled back. “You can start whenever since it is only passing.”

                The trio nodded again as Sungmin was the first to kick the ball, Kibum and Donghae followed suit before Sungmin passed it to Kibum and Kibum passed it to Donghae before going back to Kibum again.

                “Sungmin, go to the goalie please. I’m going to check how Donghae tries to score a goal. Kibum, keep passing it to him until Sungmin gets there.”

                They listened to their hyung as Sungmin ran to the goal post, getting into defense mode to catch the ball. Kibum kept passing it back to Donghae until Donghae took the initiative to kick to the goal. He looked to where Sungmin was and tried to calculate where to kick the ball.

                “YAH DONGHAE-AH! DON’T THINK TOO MUCH ABOUT IT! WHEN IT’S THE REAL GAME, YOU WON'T HAVE TIME TO THINK ABOUT IT BEFORE YOU GET THE BALL STOLEN FROM YOU!” Young Woon instructed.

                He was right, there was no way he could just stop running and observe to find an opening; he would have to keep moving. Without a second thought, Donghae was about to kick the ball in before Kibum came and stole it from him.

                Aish . . . Donghae quickly reacted by following and getting the ball back and kicking it into the goal . . . to which Sungmin caught. Donghae sighed and looked to Young Woon who was nodding to himself.

                “Not bad,” Young Woon said, “Despite not having proper practice, you sure handled the requirements well. But you seem to need work under pressure. You tend to forget you’re on a moving field and you can't just stop. We’ll fix that.”

                “Sorry, I’ll just—wait what?” Donghae asked, looking at Young Woon.

                “You made the team, though not officially until the coach has seen you, but with my recommendation I’m sure you’ll make it,” he said. Donghae grinned, and bowed to Young Woon numerous times.

                “Thank you, thank you, and thank you so much!”

                “No problem, now I suggest you sit for this practice, since you’re not really part of the team yet, I suggest you stay here as they practice. Come on guys!”

. . .

. . .

. . .

                “Well congratulations Donghae, you’re unofficially part of the team,” Sungmin said.

                “What do you mean unofficially? Since Young Woon hyung is giving a recommendation to the coach, it’s guaranteed he will be in it,” said Siwon.

                “Sungminnie~ I brought you water~♥” Kyuhyun was happily skipping into the gates until he came face to face with Donghae. His sweet angelic expression turned into a deadly one. “What are you doing here?”

                Donghae inwardly shuddered at the hissing voice and turned to face him. “Oh Kyuhyun-ah, w-what are you doing here?”

                “Don't repeat my questions,” he hissed again.

                “Yah, Kyuhyun-ah, calm down, he’s going to be part of the soccer team from now on so you have to be nice,” Sungmin said.

                “But—but Sungminnie! He’s going to take you away from me,” Kyuhyun whined, tears rolling down his face.

                It’s fake! They all thought, but being naïve and sensitive, Sungmin fully believed Kyuhyun and hugged him.

                “Oh don't cry Kyuhyun-ah! I wouldn’t leave you!”

                He fell for it!!

                Kyuhyun dug his head into his neck before smirking evilly at everyone present. They all froze in shock.

                Well, this will certainly be interesting . . .

 


{Author's Note}

LOL evil maknae for the win xD thank God I managed to get an update in today ^^ I didn't update yesterday and Monday because I had to at least start on the ton of homework I was given for the break (of course, I failed to do that and still ended up doing nothing _ _) well thanks for reading! ^^

P.S.) I probably won't be able to update for the next two days since I'll be busy with homework! Really sorry about that!